9th June 2018, 01:13 AM
Unregistered

How to become a Police Officer for 12th Arts student?

Hello Sir/Madam, I am studying in 12th standard with Arts stream. I want to become a Police Officer. So, I just want to know that what I have to do to become a Police Officer. Please let me know about this as soon as possible.

10th June 2018, 01:14 AM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become a Police Officer for 12th Arts student?

Process to become a Police Officer for 12th Arts Students:
Candidates can become police officers through two ways. Read the below mentioned details carefully.

First Way»»
In the first way, candidates have to apply for UPSC exam which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission once in a year to become IPS officers.
To apply for UPSC exam, the minimum education qualification required is a graduation degree in any stream from a recognised university. Honestly speaking, you can't become a police officer after passing class 12.
For further more information regarding the exam, Click here.

Second Way»»
Candidates have to apply for SSC exam to become SI, ASI of Police force . The minimum educational qualification required is a graduation degree in any stream from a recognised university. The eligibility criteria is same as the eligibility criteria of UPSC exam.
For further more details regarding the exam, Click here.

So, as you are a class 12 pass student of arts stream, follow the below steps to become police officer.

>> Complete graduation in any stream from a recognised university with minimum 55% marks in aggregate.
>> Then, prepare for competitive exams.
>> Appear in UPSC examination and SSC examination both to increase the chances of getting job.
10th June 2018, 07:03 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Procedure to become a Police Officer:

In order to become a Police Officer, you are required to meet the below mentioned eligibility criteria.

<> To join Indian Police Services as an Officer, you are required to appear in Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT) that is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

<> The basic educational qualification required to apply for CSAT Examination is "Graduation" or Bachelor's Degree in any discipline.

<> Hence, you are required to successfully pursue Graduation in order to be eligible.

<> As you are presently pursuing 12th class in Arts stream, I suggest you to choose the best course in Graduation based on your interests of your subject. So that after completion Graduation, you can then apply for UPSC CSAT Examination.
10th June 2018, 11:18 AM
stutiswet2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir/Madam, I am studying in 12th standard with Arts stream. I want to become a Police Officer. So, I just want to know that what I have to do to become a Police Officer. Please let me know about this as soon as possible.
Police Officer or Indian Police Service (IPS) is a responsible post which is granted after you qualify Civil Services Exam. You will have to graduation like B.Sc., B.A., B.Tech, B.Com, BCA, etc. in any specialization after 12th, then you can apply for Civil Services Exam. This exam is conducted by UPSC. There will be three stages to crack these exam i.e. Preliminary, Mains and Personal Interview.
10th June 2018, 04:46 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The best way to become Police officer is by joining Indian Police Services.

You can apply for Civil Services exam and pass all its stages to join IPS and become a top police officer.

Eligibility criteria for this exam:

1. Bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university.

You will have to pursue Bachelor's degree in stream of your choice to apply for this exam.

2. Age limit is 21-32 years.

Other than this, you can apply for SI or constable exam to join Police.
11th June 2018, 12:55 AM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

To become a IPS officer one has to crack Civil Services exam conducted by UPSC.

Eligibility criteria:

Candidate must have passed Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

Candidate age must be 21 to 30 years.

Relaxation is available for reserved category.

So, first you have to complete your Bachelor's degree after this you have to appear this examination.

For more information you can visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
11th June 2018, 09:04 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

To become a police officer after completion of your 12th standard with Arts stream, you have to pursue Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a Government recognised university. After completion of your graduation course, you can apply for job opportunities in Police department.
11th June 2018, 01:27 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

For recruitment as an Indian Police Service ( I.P.S ) Officer you have to appear and qualify for Civil Service examination conducted by UPSC.

The eligibility to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

So, you have to pursue bachelor degree to appear to appear in examination and qualify in examination for final recruitment.

For syllabus and other information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
11th June 2018, 03:30 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

For recruitment as an officer in Police department candidates have to appear and qualify for SSC and UPSC examination.

The minimum required qualification to appear in examination is that :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The age limit varies with examination.

Candidates passed bachelor degree in any discipline are eligible.

So, you are not eligible for officer recruitment examination on 12th qualification.
12th June 2018, 08:30 AM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

=> In order to become Police officer you should have to appear in IPS examination.

=> For this examination candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognized university.

=> The final year graduation candidates are also eligible to apply for the IPS examination.

=> The age candidate should be between 21 to 30 years.

=> My suggestion to you is that you should complete first bachelor degree after completing 12th class then you have to appear in IPS examination after that you should become Police officer.
29th February 2020, 04:37 PM
Unregistered

How can i become si without interview
12th May 2020, 04:00 PM
Unregistered

How to start ? To join police force after intermediate
4th February 2021, 08:56 AM
Unregistered

12th pass when requirment start
9th April 2022, 10:18 PM
Unregistered

How can we take degree in college?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?