23rd November 2010, 01:17 PM
Unregistered

How is the AIEEE marking carried out?

Respected Sir / Madam,

Please let me know whether the ranking in AIEEE is done by calculating the marks of Paper-I and Paper-II jointly or ranking is made separately for Paper I and Paper II. Is Paper II for B.Arch.? Kindly guide me? Thanks

29th November 2010, 11:33 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How is the AIEEE marking carried out?

Yeah marks of both the papers are counted jointly.

However, there are various factors in which ranks are marked out.

The main thing on which the whole ranking depends is "Tie Breaking" system.
Each year lacs of students appears for AIEEE last year it was 11 Lacs, while in 2011 it is expected to be 13 Lacs. Out of which 40% appears for Architecture So it is natural that various persons will score same.

Let two students 'A' and 'B' have tied marks at 90. But one ranking can not be for two persons, so in this case one has to be up while other down. So how this tie will be brek?

A also has 90 B also has 90, but who had scored much in Mathematics - "B"
So, "B" will be up while "A" will be down.

Case-II

Both A and B has same scores in Maths, but "A" had scored greater then B in Physics so he will be up.

Case-III

Both have same scores in both subjects, but "B" has scored greater in "Aptitude Test" he will be up.

Case-IV

Both have everything same, But "A" is younger then "B" so B will be finally up.

Second thing ranking also depends upon what type of paper was, Easy or Tough. Easy paper means big score can get you good rank, tough paper slight less marks can also get you good rank.

It is just an analysis based concept dont get stuck in it, the major thing which will decide your ranking is your marks.
30th November 2010, 07:05 AM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hii

the AIEEE marking carried out
Yeah marks of both the papers are counted jointly.

However, there are various factors in which ranks are marked out.

good luck.
30th November 2010, 08:11 PM
intelvivek

dear guest, please dont confuse yourself by going through the above answer.

Yes, paper 2 is for b-arch only. Those who filled form for both i.e. engg and arch have to appear for both the exams.
AND those who filled only for engineering have sit only for paper 1.
You may cross check by the fees that you paid for form.

source: http://aieee.nic.in/aieee2011/aieee/InfoGlance.htm#req

Ranking
And answering your question pinpointly.
If you have applied for BE/B.Tech AND B.Arch/B.Planning then both ranks will come differently.
And if its BE/B.Tech OR B.Arch/B.Planning then obviously it will come for one only.
30th November 2010, 09:42 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: How is the AIEEE marking carried out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir / Madam,

Please let me know whether the ranking in AIEEE is done by calculating the marks of Paper-I and Paper-II jointly or ranking is made separately for Paper I and Paper II. Is Paper II for B.Arch.? Kindly guide me? Thanks

well friend,

below are the scheme of finalizing the marks to particular candidate

As per the notified cut off score and the candidates declared eligible up to the notified Rank shall be called to appear for counselling.

In case of two or more candidates obtaining equal marks,

inter-se merit of such candidates shall be determined as follows:

B.E/B.Tech - By marks obtained in Mathematics and then in Physics in the AIEEE and then by age (preference to older candidates).

B.Arch/B.Planning - By marks obtained in Aptitude Test and then in Mathematics in the AIEEE and then by age (preference to older candidates).
1st December 2010, 05:12 AM
intelvivek

why you guys are discussing abt ties?? it makes a little difference in rank. not more 20.
i and one more guy got same marks but my state was 576 and his was 570. in fact that boy didnt even ask about equal marks.

the whole point is to perform well in such competitive exams. seats has been increased drastically by CCB but new added colleges are not so good. so pull up your socks to get good rank.

Good luck
28th December 2010, 03:44 PM
Unregistered

if we apply only for b.arc how would be our ranking and what are the marks to be scored for rank below 500
8th May 2011, 09:55 AM
Unregistered

I have a question.
I have listen that "IF A CANDICATE HAVE APPLY BOTH PAPER(b.arch&b.tech) THEN ITS PAPER 2(b.arch) WILL ONLY CHECK IF HE HAD SCORE ABOVE 30%-35% IN PAPER 1 (b.tech)." So is it true?
21st November 2011, 01:48 PM
Unregistered

what is the system in AIEEE paper checking?
14th May 2012, 08:26 PM
Unregistered

can u tell me about the colleges which cominh under aieee counselling
2nd May 2013, 01:20 AM
Unregistered

I am study in AP board 11th class this year [ i.e 2012-13] just result declared, but i am in confusion that, whether marks obtained in the examinations of 11th & 12th will consider for the admissions/qualifying AIEEE examination for yr 2013/14. I heard some news and confused about this please reply me detailed marking system for qualifying AIEEE / IIT mains exam.year 2013/14 new system.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?