16th August 2012, 09:39 PM
Elishadai

How to be an Airline Pilot?

i want to be an airline pilot.so how long does it take to reach there,the cost,and what school in india ,canada and australia are the best and when do they begin?

4th October 2012, 08:07 PM
murugeshwarankkl
Member+

Default Re: How to be an Airline Pilot?

To operate an aircraft in the United States, you must be licensed by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), which since 9/11 is part of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). There are several levels of pilot's license; the most basic is the Private Pilot license. This license permits the holder to pilot an aircraft anywhere in the United States, and to carry passengers. A Private Pilot may not be paid to fly an aircraft (to ferry an aircraft from one location to another, for example), nor carry passengers or cargo for hire or compensation. However, you may share certain expenses with your passengers (with some restrictions).

The necessary steps to earn this license are:

Pass a basic medical examination.
Receive the required amount of instruction from a Certificated Flight Instructor (CFI).
Pass a written examination (100 multiple-choice questions).
Pass a "checkride" (aircraft equivalent of a driving test) given by an FAA-approved examiner.
25th April 2013, 08:12 PM
Unregistered

what should we study to became a pilot?
14th January 2014, 11:43 AM
Unregistered

how much of is the expenditure to become a airline pilot
30th September 2018, 09:47 PM
Unregistered

I am studying diploma in aeronautical engineering so what shall I do after this iam confused what to take after doing this please guide me
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?