5th July 2012, 02:53 PM
Unregistered

How to appear for IAS exam while being a charted accountant?

Sir, I am a Chartered Accountant. I want to noe whether I can appear for IAS exam?.... And if so, what are the future benefits that can accrue me being a CA as well.

7th July 2012, 06:06 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to appear for IAS exam while being a charted accountant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I am a Chartered Accountant. I want to noe whether I can appear for IAS exam?.... And if so, what are the future benefits that can accrue me being a CA as well.
Yes, you can apply for Civil service exam. Being a CA professional, definitely it would be of great advantage in many ways. You have a good idea of Indian economy now, what are recent policies, shortcoming in economy, what steps are further needed. All this will help you in Interview and Mains exam as well .

Being from a economics background, you can chose economics as one optional subject, another could be maths or some humanities subject.

Regarding Exam dates & pattern :

Notification comes in February , 2013.

The exam has three stages : Preliminary which held in May, then Mains , which held Oct and then Interview. All stages are necessary to clear.

Preliminary is basically consist of general science, awareness question and some mental ability questions.

For Mains, you have to select two optional, two languages, one essay exam.
Preliminary score will not be considered for final marks, it’s just for screening purpose only.

Total approx 900 are selected. This exam is too competitive, around 4 lakh appear for it every year. So, you have to be prepared mentally & academically as well. If you want more information about the examination then please check UPSC Official website.

upsc.gov.in
7th July 2012, 06:13 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

IAS Eligibility Criteria:

=>To appear for this exam you need to be a graduate in any discipline from a recognized university.

=>Your age should be between 21-30 years.

=>Selection procedure includes preliminary exams, main examination followed by interview.

=>At the most you can give this exam for four times only.

IAS Exam Pattern:

List of Optional Subjects:

For more information visit: http://www.upsc.gov.in
7th July 2012, 10:20 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

Yes shore you are eligible IAS exam for this you have to crack Civil services exam. But your age will be in between 21 years to 30years. If you are under any reservation, the reservation is applied for you.

Full details about IAS exam:-

Educational qualification to appear this exam is bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognised university. To appear civil services examination you don't have any percentage restrictions in your graduation so you appear this exam at any percentage.
You should be a citizen of india. The candidates age limits for general candidates is 21 years to 30 years, 3 years upper relaxation for OBC and 5years upper age relaxation for SC/ST candidates. The number of attempts to crack this exam for general candidates is 4 times, 7 times for OBC candidates and no limit for SC/ST candidates.
The selection process is being 3 stages such as Civil services preliminary exam, civil services main exam and personal interview.
Optional subjects:-

For more details visit below website

www.upsc.gov.in

All the best.

Last edited by ranjith1438; 8th July 2012 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Image not appear that's iam edited this post
3rd July 2013, 02:31 AM
Unregistered

M. An average student got 77% in ssc n weak in maths but i wnt to do ca den ias so can i do
25th September 2014, 09:01 PM
Unregistered

I am Raghavendra age22 if a complted ca in the age 25 or 26 in remaing 4 years if its possible to become a IAS there is short time I am working as ca there no time to read? how I read?
9th April 2015, 02:34 PM
Unregistered

i am ssc given student i want to become IAS while being CA plz give me proper guidance...n career opportunities
30th April 2015, 05:49 PM
Unregistered

I'm a CA Student holding Bachelors Degree doing articleship, I want to appear for Civil Service exams immediately after completing my articleship i.e at the age of 24 years.
16th September 2017, 02:18 PM
Unregistered

I got 55 % in 12th can I'M able to appear in IAS EXAMS and now I am pursuing CA course
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?