14th May 2015, 12:39 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to get admission to charted accountant course after completion of Graduation long back with 49% marks?

Dear Sir/Mam,

I had completed my graduation(B.COM.) in year 2001 with 49.88% marks and currently i am working as parttime accountant since 2004 and my age is 33 years. is it possible to get entry in chartered accountant course now according to age and marks in graduation? please clear me about this either possible or not.

thanks & regards

14th May 2015, 03:21 PM
MohitPatel92

Default Re: Is it possible to get admission to charted accountant course after completion of Graduation long back with 49% marks?

In CA, there is no age barrier. Whether you are 30 or 40 years old, you will be eligible for doing CA, but mostly, a fresher CA cannot get job after 28 years of age. The other criteria is that the students who are graduates/ post graduates in commerce need to have a minimum of 55% of the total marks.
14th May 2015, 08:40 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to get admission to charted accountant course after completion of Graduation long back with 49% marks?

Chattered accountant course is offered by ICWAI.To become C.A , you must qualify these three levels namely

>>CPT
>>IPCC
>>Final

To register for CPT, you must have done 12th class from recognised board.

To register for IPCC, you must be commerce graduate with 55% marks or non commerce graduate with 65% marks. CPT cleared candidates are eligible to this level.

To register for final exam, you must have done IPCC and three years article ship.

So, you must register for CPT only. You are not applicable for IPCC with less marks in B.Com.

For more details: www.icwai.org.

15th May 2015, 10:26 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not possible to get admission to Charted Accountant course after completion of Graduation with 49% marks.

Candidate have to secure more than 55% marks in graduation in commerce and for graduates from other fields than commerce have to secure 60% in graduation.
So, you are not eligible.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?