22nd December 2010, 02:24 PM
Rinkal Sharma

How to apply for M.Tech in a good institute after passing B.Tech in Mechanical Stream?

I had passed my b.tech in mechanical stream from punjab technical university jalandhar and now want to do M.Tech. so please tell me how can i apply for m.tech from a good institue?

2nd August 2011, 06:31 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to apply for M.Tech in a good institute after passing B.Tech in Mechanical Stream?

hi...to do an mtech degree from the best colleges in the country which are without the indian institute of technologies you have to clear the gate exam that too with an very good score and rank if you are general category student because the competition is just great and too hard to get admission in the iits.
its better to take some coaching for the gate exam for proper guidance and also for good preparation,the ace academy and brilliant tutorials materials for the gate exam are very helpful for the preparation you should probably purchase them ,
the notification for the examination generally comes in the month of sepetmber and the exam is conducted on the second sunday of the february month,
i am attaching the brochure of the gate exam for more complete information
Attached Files
File Type: pdf brochure.pdf(2.45 MB, 69 views)
2nd August 2011, 07:45 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How to apply for M.Tech in a good institute after passing B.Tech in Mechanical Stream?

If you are thinking of getting admission in some good institute, then what can be better than if you can get admission in IIT or NIT or IISc.
So, you will have to appear for GATE exam.
GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.
It is organised by IITs and IISc. Even many other institutes also considers GATE score for admission.
There is no age limit for GATE and its score is valid for two years.

GATE is conducted in February and applications forms are available in September till October.

There are some other entrance also.
List of M.Tech Entrance Exams

All India Engineering Entrance Exams

BEEE 2011 - Bharath University Engineering Entrance Exam
Birla Institute of Science & Technology - BITSAT 2011 Entrance exam
BIT, Mesra, Ranchi
BITSAT 2011 Entrance exam (BITSAT)
BSAUEEE-2011 - B.S. Abdur Rahman University Engineering Entrance Examination
Calicut University M.Tech entrance exam
DA IICT Entrance exam
Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University of Science and Technology Murthal M.Tech Entrance exam
Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology Entrance exam
GAT 2011 - Gitam University Online Entrance Test
GATE - Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering GATE
GGSIPU Engineering CET Entrance exam
Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Allahabad - M.Tech Entrance exam
Indian School Of Mines, Dhanbad
Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University
Institute Of technology, Nirma University, Ahmedabad
International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) Bhubaneswar M.Tech Entrance exam
Jamia Milia Islamia, New Delhi
2nd August 2011, 07:52 PM
vineet kandpal

for this you have to give GATE examination and according to the ranking you get colleges including iit , nit ,iiit etc
2nd August 2011, 09:04 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinkal Sharma View Post
I had passed my b.tech in mechanical stream from punjab technical university jalandhar and now want to do M.Tech. so please tell me how can i apply for m.tech from a good institue?
M.Tech admission in the good college after B.Tech course.

If you passed the B.Tech course and want to take admission in the M.Tech course in the good college then i advise you to appear in the GATE examination. Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) is consider as the good institute for the technology course. To admission in the IIT college you need qualify the GATE examination. To appear in the GATE examination you need the following eligibility criteria :

Educational Qualification = To appear in the GATE examination you need the any one of the following educational qualification.

-> Bachelor degree in the field of engineering and technology. Final and pre-final year candidates of this course are eligible to apply for GATE exam.

-> Master degree holder in any branch of science/mathematics/statics/computer science. Final and pre-final year candidates are eligible to apply for GATE exam.

NOTE :- In the GATE examination there are no age and no. of attempt limit. So, you can appear in the GATE exam at any age and many times. The GATE score card is valid for the two year.

Many other college is take admission on the basis of GATE score card. If you score in the GATE exam is above 90% then you can get a chance to admission in the IIT college for M.Tech course. So, i suggest you to appear in the GATE examination.

For any more information regarding GATE examination please visit the given website :- http://www.iitk.ac.in/gate/gate2011/eligibility.php

Regards
~Mukul~
2nd August 2011, 10:44 PM
Sehwag6

You finished the btech. Then you do mtech. It is the good choice. For mtech course , you must write graduate aptitude test in engineering(GATE) exam. Get good gate score means get good colleges like iit. There is no age limit and no number of attempts for gate. For gate exam, you finished graduation or during 7th or 8th semester and then you apply. Good luck
16th March 2013, 08:39 PM
Unregistered

i have cleared gate 2013 ece with 25 marks n gate score 290..will i be able to get adm in deen bandhu murthal ????
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?