15th March 2012, 10:18 AM
bishwadipdas2012

Can I do M.Tech course with Mechanical stream being ECE student of B.Tech course?

I am a btech in ece from nit silchar,can i do mtech in mechanical

15th March 2012, 11:40 PM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I do M.Tech course with Mechanical stream being ECE student of B.Tech course?

No friend, its not possible to do M Tech course with being mechanical stream if you passed or are passing your BTech in ECE. As there are almost in all colleges, a degree in the same or relevant field is required to take admission in MTech course.
So if you wanted to do MTech in mechanical course, then you should enroll yourself in those stream which are related to Electronics and communication. Some examples are :
-MTech in Electronics and Communication
-MTech in Embedded system
-MTech in VLSI Design
-MTech in Microelectronics and VLSI
-MTech in Microelectronics etc

Now if your interest is getting intending towards mechanical branch side, then I prefer you to take some training of 6 months or even 1 year, and on the basis of which you will the relevent (mechanical ) industry job.
15th March 2012, 11:45 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do M.Tech course with Mechanical stream being ECE student of B.Tech course?

Hi dear...........
AS you are interested to do M.tech you can do but in your own stream which you have in you b.tech .

The details eligibility of GATE exam are as follows ...

According to your gate exam rank you will get the college to do M.tech course.

good luck............
15th March 2012, 11:52 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Hi Dear
No you can not change course in M.Tech.

what ever course is you have in B.Tech in that course or relevant course you
do M.Tech that is possible but other branch subject you can not do for this.....

16th March 2012, 08:26 AM

dear friend, you cannot join in MTECH unless you complete your BTECH and also you should be qualified in GATE
16th March 2012, 10:44 AM
MohitBhardwaj

Yes there is one chance to switch your stream. After your 1st year. But you have to make sure that in your college there is one seat vacant in mechanical branch. OR Some other person from mechanical branch wants to switch to electronics.

I this way you have to talk to your dean and with a written application and reason why you want to change your stream.

But if you are now cleared your 1st year and pursuing 2nd year then there is no chance. Because in 1st year subjects are same for all departments but in 2nd year there are changes.
27th May 2012, 05:08 PM
Unregistered

i am an ece student ,can i do m tech in cse ?can u tell me the procedure plz
16th July 2012, 09:44 PM
Unregistered

can i do m.tech in agriculture science i am a b.tech ece student
19th August 2012, 09:31 PM
Unregistered

can i do mtech in power electronics and control system and i am b.tech in ECE ?
20th August 2012, 02:29 AM
manjira...

No I am very sorry inform you that it is not possible to pursue M.Tech in mechanical stream being a student of Electronic and Communication stream in B.Tech.

If you wanted to go for Mechanical stream in M.Tech you should have taken Mechanical in B.Tech also. That would have been helpful to you.

Being a student of ECE in B.Tech you can go for
>>M.tech in Electronic and Communication;
>>M.Tech in VLSI
>>M.Tech in Microelectronic and VLSI etc.
The topics that are related to your subject in the Bachelor of Technology.

Most of the colleges that the admission in m.tech in the branch corresponding to the branch in B.Tech. Entrance examination are held known as GATE for the admission in Master of Technology program.
20th August 2012, 05:28 AM
ravi1811

Dear friend,
you can not take admission in mechanical stream in M.Tech after completing B.Tech from Electronics & communication stream.
The basis thing is that you can not change your specialization.
The best thing for you is to concentrate on your branch only.
All The Best For Your Future
22nd December 2012, 03:32 PM
Unregistered

What about the job opportunities after doing mtech in power electronics after btech(ece) , and which will be the better institute for internship and job for the same?
4th January 2013, 02:04 AM
Unregistered

HI, Iam a b.tech mechanical student and i want to join mtech and to study cse. i am intrested in that stream can help me with it if there is any possibility.
28th January 2013, 09:45 PM
Unregistered

Can i do M.Tech in structural Engineering (Civil Engg.) being Environmental Engg student of B.Tech course?
20th July 2013, 06:50 PM
Unregistered

can i do m.tech in IT if i belong from ece stream?
15th September 2013, 09:29 PM
EFDRTG

Dear user

It is not possible.
So if you wanted to do MTech in mechanical course, then you should enroll yourself in those stream which are related to Electronics and communication. Some examples are :
-MTech in Microelectronics and VLSI
-MTech in Microelectronics
-MTech in Electronics and Communication
-MTech in Embedded system
-MTech in VLSI Design

good luck
28th March 2014, 03:29 PM
Unregistered

i got 124 all india rank in gate. i have done btech in ece stream .now which department should i choose in mtech in iits as there is no special department for ece
please reply soon
18th June 2014, 04:45 PM
Unregistered

sir i completed my b.tech aeronautical but i wrote pgcet exam in mechanical stream i got 4500 its possible to change my course to aerospace engineering plz sugest me
8th July 2014, 05:26 PM
Unregistered

CAN I DO M TECH COURSE WITH MECHANICAL STREAM BEING INDUSTRIAL PRODUCTION OF BTECH COURSE?????
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?