13th October 2010, 06:52 PM
simar gill

How to become Astrobiologist? Universities in India and Abroad for Astrobiology course?

hi i am simar in class +2[medicle stream] i want to become astrobiologist but in india astrobiologist courses not available
some abroad universities has astrobiology courses
what i am doing after +2 to join these universities and percentage in +2 to get admission in these universities
name of the universities that avilable these courses

Related Questions:
16th October 2010, 01:16 AM
kool
Senior Member++

Default Re: How to become Astrobiologist? Universities in India and Abroad for Astrobiology course?

dear friend,

One of the college for Astrobiologist is "The University of Arizona College of Science".

for more information regarding admission in the college, kindly visit:
www.astrobiology.arizona.edu

good luck.
16th October 2010, 11:56 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become Astrobiologist? Universities in India and Abroad for Astrobiology course?

dear friend

If you are interested to becaome a Astrobiologist, then for this you have to get a bachelor’s degree in Biology, Astronomy, Space Science, Chemistry or another appropriate subject from an accredited college or university. This course of study must include at least 20 semester hours of Physical Science, Engineering, or experience that leads to the understanding of the equipment used for aerospace fl ights. To do
research, a Ph.D. is highly desired for this position.

And if you want to get more detail, then please read the given attch files.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf astrobiologist_102.pdf(101.8 KB, 1936 views)
17th October 2010, 12:21 AM
ForumModerator
Forum Staff

Thats great to hear that you have chosen a course which interests you. Other students must learn from you.

What is Astrobiology?

Astrobiology is nothing but study or reasearch about the of universe and its origin factors,future etc. The course

Some 12 years back NASA had announced introduction of Astrobiology. The course was just an idea before which later got converted into a course/program.

HOw to become an Astrobiologist?

Physics,chemistry,maths Biology and geology are considered to be important subjects for this course. This course is mainly a postgraduation course. What you can do is you can do a related course in astronomy and space research from different institutes in India.

There are some institutes in UK. For more details you can visit http://astrobiology.nasa.gov
17th October 2010, 01:52 PM
nikhilmi
Senior Member++++

At least science is necessary in 12th with physics and biology.One physical subject is essential as astrobiology deals with the origin of the universe,study of the universe. In india, IARC, (Indian Astrobiology Research Centre)in mumbai provides on such 4 months diploma course in astrobiology which is a distance learning course.
17th October 2010, 11:26 PM
catchkamal

Hi Simar,
i think above suggestions are quiet informative...

i would also suggest you to go this link :

http://www.nasa.gov/about/career/index.html

i guess surfing this whole website can give you a good idea ..see the students section etc...
hey try searching with a different approach... like there are many scientists name mentioned on the above mentioned link..just go thru their biographies(profiles)..read and try to understand what programmes they pursued and from which universities...i think this can help a lot...(see if it suits you..dnt mind if am wrong..just a thought)
hey one more thing if you want to serve india...just see which countries have frequent relations with India in past years regarding astrobilology stuff..i think its a keypoint for future prospects because the field you are choosing is very very dicy..but if you have the correct approach to see things and the best choice then u'll be someone in demand in future.....!!Good Luck Dude !! nice choice..
20th January 2011, 01:40 PM
Unregistered

i want to do course with chemistry, physics, biology and geography. plz. suggest me
4th March 2011, 01:34 PM
Unregistered

which coleges in india provide astrobiology courses
16th March 2011, 12:41 AM
Taurus47
Senior Member+

hii

to become Astrobiologist
suggest you to go this link :
http://www.nasa.gov/about/career/index.html
surfing this whole website can give you a good idea ..see the students section etc...
hey try searching with a different approach... like there are many scientists name mentioned on the above mentioned link..just go thru their biographies(profiles)..read and try to understand what programmes they pursued and from which universities
At least science is necessary in 12th with physics and biology.One physical subject is essential as astrobiology deals with the origin of the universe,study of the universe. In india, IARC, (Indian Astrobiology Research Centre)in mumbai provides on such 4 months diploma course in astrobiology which is a distance learning course.
If you are interested to becaome a Astrobiologist, then for this you have to get a bachelor’s degree in Biology, Astronomy, Space Science, Chemistry or another appropriate subject from an accredited college or university. This course of study must include at least 20 semester hours of Physical Science, Engineering, or experience that leads to the understanding of the equipment used for aerospace fl ights. To do
research, a Ph.D. is highly desired for this position

good luck
9th April 2011, 03:29 PM
Unregistered

What course should be done to join the research program at IARC,Mumbai about Astrobiology.
14th April 2011, 06:23 PM
Unregistered

hiii
I am Devanshi Upadhyaya, a student of 12th standard. I want to know which courses should i join to become an Astrobiologist ... and which universities in India offer such courses ... please help me ...
24th April 2011, 01:10 AM
Unregistered

Hi...i'm himesh doing my final mbbs. I would like to do pg in astrobiology. Can anyone tell me how to proceed further?
26th April 2011, 01:44 AM
Unregistered

m.sc in boitechnology or m.tech in biotechnology.. which 1 is better???? plz help.....
14th July 2011, 02:06 AM
Unregistered

This is Sangeeta from Delhi. I am currently pursuing my under graduation in biochemistry, and further want to pursue Msc degree in the same but i want to pursue doctorate degree in astrobiology.. Pls can any one give me information about the universities in abroad providing PhD in astrobiology and am I eligible to do so??
18th July 2011, 10:34 PM
Unregistered

I am in 11th. I wanted to know is maths is compalsary to become astrologist?
7th August 2011, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

i have got supplementry in physic do i will get a good university in india regarding astrobiology
7th December 2011, 11:11 PM
Unregistered

hi , i m abhishek thakur ,stdnt of 12 stndad , i wanna know which courses shud i join to bcome astrobiolosist??????????????plz..............tel
7th December 2011, 11:22 PM
Unregistered

hi, i m abhishek thakur ,studnt of 12 standed . i wanna know which courses shud i join to bcome astrobiologist in india.
14th December 2011, 09:32 AM
Unregistered

hi, i m in 12, as i dnt hv biology as a subject, bt i m intrested in biology n want to make career in astrobiolgy, so hw cn i apply for this field ?
16th January 2012, 09:00 PM
Unregistered

hello im a life sciences graduate and would like to know if i did a diploma course in Astrobiology from IARC, would this diploma course help me to get a master's degree in astrobiology from universities abroad or any university in India that offers a masters in Astrobiology?
29th January 2012, 03:25 PM
Unregistered

name of institutions in only India for astrobiology course ? what is the admission procedure ? what subjects and what should be the percent in class 12th to get admission there ???????
6th July 2012, 05:52 PM
Unregistered

Am I able to do astrobiology after pursuing bsc degree in physics?
29th October 2012, 03:03 PM
Unregistered

hi I m a studnt of 1 medical I want to become an astrobiologist .so is any test compulsary for this after 2.
31st October 2012, 07:07 PM
swas08

hi dear,
Thats great to hear that you have chosen a course which interests you. Other students must learn from you.

What is Astrobiology?

Astrobiology is nothing but study or reasearch about the of universe and its origin factors,future etc. The course

Some 12 years back NASA had announced introduction of Astrobiology. The course was just an idea before which later got converted into a course/program.

HOw to become an Astrobiologist?

Physics,chemistry,maths Biology and geology are considered to be important subjects for this course. This course is mainly a postgraduation course. What you can do is you can do a related course in astronomy and space research from different institutes in India.

There are some institutes in UK. For more details you can visit http://astrobiology.nasa.gov

thanks
8th December 2012, 04:34 PM
Unregistered

Is any test compulsary for astrobiology after 2 ?
24th February 2013, 09:38 PM
Unregistered

can i be a astrobiologist after takin chemical engineering??
2nd June 2013, 01:02 PM
Unregistered

can i do astrobiology after completing btech in industrial biotechnology?
14th October 2013, 03:12 AM
Unregistered

can one with mbbs degree go for msc and Ph. D in future?
4th December 2013, 10:59 AM
Unregistered

After my mbbs degree can I join astrobiology?
23rd February 2014, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

i am t.y.bsc zoology student i want to do diploma in astrobiology frm iarc(mumbai) i am elegiable to do this course?what is the procedure for it?
30th April 2014, 11:36 AM
Unregistered

Hi i am a student of 11th i want to persue astrobiology couse.please help me which college will be suitable for me?
31st July 2014, 04:37 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir.
My self Aaryansh Kumar at present I m doing Bsc with zoology,chemistry, Microbiology I wanted to know what to do after this undergraguation to become an Astrobiologist.....!!! Thank you sir I m looking forward for your reply...!!!
21st June 2015, 12:51 AM
Unregistered

What future does career in astro biology hold?
What courses are needed to become an astro biologist ?
13th December 2015, 11:02 PM
Unregistered

I am 2 student i would like to study astrobiology i would like to which universites in india provide this course?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?