9th July 2018, 10:44 PM
Unregistered

How to become both Genetics Engineer and Chef for a Science student?

Hello everyone, I love to cook so I have a desire to become a Chef. I am a Science student and I also want to become a Genetic Engineer. So, I am little confuse, because I don't know how can I achieve both of my aim?

Related Questions:
13th July 2018, 04:59 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become both Genetics Engineer and Chef for a Science student?

For becoming genetic engineer you need to study any graduation or bachelors level degree in genetic engineering.
The basic eligibility required for studying genetic engineering course is a 10+2 or its equivalent education in science stream with minimum 50% from any recognised board.

For becoming a chef you need to study bachelors or graduation level degree in hotel management/ hospitality management/ culinary art/ related subject from any recognised university.
The eligibility required for studying any of the course is a 10+2 or its equivalent education in science stream from any recognised board.

Since you have studied 12th class in science stream you are eligible for studying both the courses and become genetic engineer & a Chef.

For achieving your goals firstly you need to decide which to achieve first or which is more important and in which you are interested more. Based on the factors you can either study both the courses at a time or one after other.

For studying both the courses at a time you need to study hotel management/ hospitality management or its related course in regular mode and graduation/ bachelors level degree in genetic engineering through correspondence/ distance mode.

If you like to study one after another then study graduation/ bachelors level degree in genetic engineering and get a job in any company and then study any degree in hospitality management/ hotel management/ culinary art or any related subject and based on your skills you can become a chef.

If you are capable of balancing both degrees then you can study both the degrees at a time or else you can study one degree after the other.
14th July 2018, 09:58 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become both Genetics Engineer and Chef for a Science student?

If you want to pursue both the courses then, it is also possible.
You can pursue B.Tech in Genetic Engineering as well as Hotel Management course or Diploma in Hotel Management.
You can pursue one from regular mode and other from distance mode as well as from different university.
You can get admission after clearing entrance examination as well as direct admission is also possible. But if you want to pursue from a government college then to clear entrance examination is compulsory.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?