17th August 2017, 11:20 AM
Unregistered

Can a computer science 12th student opt for Biogenetics course?

Can a computer science 12th student opt for Bio genetics course? I want to take the bio genetics course but I want to understand if am eligible for it or not? Can you please guide me with the complete details on the same? Awaiting for the response. Thank you!

18th August 2017, 09:44 PM
starberry

Default Re: Can a computer science 12th student opt for Biogenetics course?

Hello,

Yes, you can go for Bio Genetic course after 12th. Eligibility criteria to get admission is minimum 55% in 10+2. Genetics is the study of science in which we study how living things inherits features such as eye color, and risk for diseases from their ancestors. Benefits of Genetics course-

> You can find job in hospitals, pharmaceutical companies and other health services.
> It guides you about the operations of clinical biochemical genetics diagnostic laboratories.
> After completing B.Sc. in genetics, you can also go for further courses like M.Sc., Ph.D, etc

Thankyou
18th August 2017, 10:44 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a computer science 12th student opt for Biogenetics course?

To join biogenetic course after completing your 12th standard, you must have completed your 12th with physics, chemistry and mathematics / Biology subject. You should have a minimum 50% marks in 12th standard. If you wish to pursue biogenetics, you have to clear an entrance test.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?