29th May 2013, 08:22 PM
Unregistered

How to become a marine engineer after my B.E?

what i m supposed to do to become a marine engineer after my BE

14th June 2016, 04:51 AM
sah.alok932

Default Re: How to become a marine engineer after my B.E?

There are in general three courses that one can study in order to become a marine engineer.Two are direct entry while the other one is a non -direct entry in marine engineering.

1)B.SC in nautical science, nautical science course is a three year degree course for entry in merchant navy, it is a specialized course for merchant navy, a three course mainly for those who have studied physics, chemistry and mathematics in intermediate. It is a three year course and costs around 8 lakhs in three years. A bachelor degree only for joining merchant navy.

2)There is a engineering degree to study named as marine engineering , a four year engineering degree course unlike nautical science. It is a basically engineering course of four years after completing intermediate with physics, chemistry and mathematics. Admission are done on the basis of marks scored in engineering entrance exam and is not direct in nature. Like nautical it is also a specialized entry for merchant navy.

3)Mechanical engineering, after completing mechanical engineering one can join merchant navy but unlike marine engineering and nautical science, it is a non -direct entry for merchant navy and one have to study various diploma courses and short term courses after mechanical engineering in order to join merchant navy.

Above all three entries in merchant navy, as you have done B.E you can join merchant navy but provided you have done engineering in above mentioned streams.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?