21st August 2011, 12:18 AM
Amalshad333

How to become an MBA?

How can i become a MBA?
MBA is considered to be the good choice as per information known to me.
so i am interested

22nd August 2011, 05:35 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an MBA?

This course most suited for those interested in the administrative role. Basically to pursue a MBA course you need to have completed your graduation atleast. Normally a minimum of 50% is a must in the qualifying exam. You will also need to appear for the various entrance exams like CAT, MAT. Make sure you join an institute which well reputed in the industry.
29th April 2012, 03:49 PM
Unregistered

what is scope after giving HSC. Board exam?
1st May 2012, 01:57 PM
Unregistered

Now I am in class 11th and I desperately want to know that how can I become an MBA.What is the process of studying this course?Which subjects do I have to learn?Which entrance exams should I have to qualify?What shoul I do now and how should I start???
14th August 2012, 01:36 PM
Onkar Kaur
Senior Member+

My dear friend,

MBA stands for Masters in Business Administration. It's such a good course which you can pursue after completing your graduation in any stream.

You can join one of the trade in case you decide MBA to pursue:

1. MBA in Finance

2. MBA in Marketing

3. MBA in IT

4. MBA in HR

Eligibility Criteria:

1. Candidate Must be graduate in any stream from recognized University with 50% marks.

2. You have to clear the entrance exam conducted by various Universities. Like

CAT
MAT
XAT
MET etc.

Wish you all the very best.
22nd August 2012, 12:38 PM
Unregistered

i have scored 72% in B.com my question is that do i have to clear all entrance exams i.e.CAT MAT XET MAT or it is enough that i clear any 1 of these exams
22nd August 2012, 07:19 PM
Mslawllp

Thumbs up Re: How to become an MBA?

Hello Amalshad,

I know some ideas about MBA. The Most quality MBA programs require the GMAT. For information on MBA programs and a good way to locate a program that best meets your criteria and preferences, visit the Official MBA Guide, a free on-line public service. They list more than 2,000 MBA programs all over the world. The best programs are those accredited by the AACSB. The Guide permits you to limit your search to specific locations, specific concentrations, type of program, and many other criteria.

Hope this will be useful.

Thanks and Regards.
Johny Lee

Disability Insurance Attorney
22nd August 2012, 09:10 PM
anchitsuri2006
Member+

Hi,
MBA stands for Master of Business Administration.
It is done by people who have the power or talent to manage people of their surrounding.
It gives you a smooth career path.You can get to a B-school by giving CAT,MAT,SNAP,XAT
in India while for foreign B-schools you need to give GMAT along with a excellent profile.
22nd August 2012, 10:41 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalshad333 View Post
How can i become a MBA?
MBA is considered to be the good choice as per information known to me.
so i am interested
MBA Exam Details:

MBA stands for Masters in Business Administration. The duration of the course is two years. Now the demand for this course is sky high now with almost every second student opting for this course after graduation. Lots of B-Schools of have mushroomed here and there. You should be choosy about the college you select to ensure better placements and better job opportunities.

A course in MBA means your idea about relevant business topics becomes crystal clear. It helps you delve deeper into subjects and analyze them from all angles. It also enforces leadership qualities and helps in the overall development of a student. Those who shy away from public life or faces difficulty in communicating with people gets to learn a lot from this course. Your english vocabulary will also get a boosting and and your time management skills surprisingly will also improve due to this.

Apart from the full time MBA course you can also opt for the part time MBA program for which you need to study the course for only one year. In that case even diploma candidates can also apply. But for full time MBA course only graduates can apply.

Eligibility Criteria for MBA Program:

To apply for the full time MBA program you need to have a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

Even final year candidates can apply for this exam. In that case only provisional admission will be given to them and when they submit their result or marksheet only then their selection will be finalized.

List of MBA Specializations:

Top MBA Entrance Exams:

The admission process generally varies from one college to the other. While the top ones prefers to conduct an examination which is followed by group discussion and personal interview session, others may give admission based on the marks secured at graduation level. The mediocre colleges are also known to give direct admission as well. But the quality of the faculty members of these colleges and the placement records cannot be guaranteed.

Following are the top MBA Entrance Exams that you can plan to give:
  • Common Admission Test (CAT
  • Management Aptitude Test (MAT)
  • AIMS Test for Management Admissions (ATMA)
  • Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP)
  • XLRI Aptitutde Test (XAT)
  • Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT)
  • Integrated Common Entrance Test (IMET)
  • IBS Aptitude Test (IBSAT)

Of all the MBA Entrance Exams CAT or Common Admission Test is the most popular of all and undoubtedly the toughest to crack. This exam is conducted by the Indian Institute of Management, one of the pioneer institutes in India for pursuing MBA where students from both India and abroad comes to study.

To sit for the CAT exam you need to do get a bachelor's degree from a recognized university or institution and ensure minimum 50% of marks at graduation level. There is percentage relaxation for the reserved category candidates.

For the written examination you will get lots of multiple choice questions to answer and questions usually comes from the following sections:
  • Verbal Ability
  • Reasoning Aptitude
  • Reading Comprehension
  • Quantitative Skills
  • Data Interpretation
  • Analytical/Logical Reasoning

For every wrong answer a negative marking is there and the whole paper needs to be finished in just 120 minutes. Since CAT is conducted by the IIMs therefore its score is not accepted by any University. But a list of top autonomous institutions accepts this score apart from the IIMs.

[CENTER]Top MBA Entrance Exam Books:

Map The SNAP Symbiosis National Aptitude Test: 5 Mock Papers & Solved Papers (2005 - 2010)(Paperback)
by R.K. Jha
Publisher: Arihant Books

How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT Common Admission Test(Paperback)
by Arun Sharma
Publisher: Tata Mcgraw Hill Education Private Limited

Mission MBA MAT Guide(Paperback)
by BS Sijwali, Tarun Goyal
Publisher: Arihant Publications

Success Master IP MBA Entrance Exam
by Anju Agarwal, Dinesh Agarwal, Ananta Ashisha, Rachna Agarwal
Publisher: Arihant Publications
23rd August 2012, 01:37 AM
prince raj1

hi........
You can take up Science, Commerce and Arts in Class 12. However, it is advisable to have Mathematics as one of your core subjects if you want to do your MBA. It will not only help in your MBA admission but help in developing analytical and logical skills needed for a top-rung manager.
Do your Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university. It is important for you have good marks in your Bachelor’s as entry to the prestigious MBA institutes like the IIMs is determined not only on the basis of your CAT (Common Admission Test) scores but also on marks at the undergraduate level.
You should start preparing for your MBA entrance exams right from college as CAT is one of the toughest exams to crack. There are other MBA entrance exams. (Link)
Prepare for interviews and group discussions as that is the next hurdle for admission to MBA colleges
23rd August 2012, 01:38 AM
prince raj1

hi........
You can take up Science, Commerce and Arts in Class 12. However, it is advisable to have Mathematics as one of your core subjects if you want to do your MBA. It will not only help in your MBA admission but help in developing analytical and logical skills needed for a top-rung manager.
Do your Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university. It is important for you have good marks in your Bachelor’s as entry to the prestigious MBA institutes like the IIMs is determined not only on the basis of your CAT (Common Admission Test) scores but also on marks at the undergraduate level.
You should start preparing for your MBA entrance exams right from college as CAT is one of the toughest exams to crack. There are other MBA entrance exams.
Prepare for interviews and group discussions as that is the next hurdle for admission to MBA colleges
23rd August 2012, 03:56 AM
manjira...

MBA stands for Master of Business Administration. The course is best for those who are interested in administrative role. It is providing good job opportunities thus numerous of students are getting interested.

There are many Business schools which are providing MBA courses but the selection of the college should be made carefully so that you do not face problem while searching for jobs.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

The candidate must have a Bachelor degree from a recognized university under any stream.

For getting admission in a good college for MBA you need to take any of the following entrance examination:
1)CAT- Common Admission Test;

2)XAT- XLRI Aptitude Test;

3)MAT- Management Aptitude Test,

4)GMAT, etc.

You can go for MBA in any of the branches. almost every college offers this branches of MBA.
BRANCHES OF MBA:

1)Finance;
2)HR;
3)IT;
4)Marketing;
5)Production;
6)Retail.

Exam is based on the following topics:

1)Verbal Ability;
2)Reasoning Aptitude;
3)Quantitative Skills;
4)Reading Comprehension;
5)Data Interpretation;
6)Logical Reasoning.

BEST OF LUCK!!!
23rd August 2012, 08:15 AM
gopal1438

hello sir,

Thank for join in mba but are you doing first any graduate pass in any recognized universitys.

Mba eligible for all students mele and female.

MBA,
MBA finance
MBA i't
MBA marketing
MBA HR

Mba exam conduct instrutate CAT,

MAT,

XAT

More details www.mba.university.com
Best of luck
26th August 2012, 06:48 PM
guri kaur
Senior Member+

hi...!!!

-->To get an admission in MBA you can give the following exams :-

* CAT

* MAT

* GMAT etc.

TOP MBA COLLEGES:-

MDI – Management Development Institute
SIBM – Symbiosis Institute of Business Management
TAPMI – T.A. Pai Management Institute
JBIMS – Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies
MICA – Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad
IIPM – Indian Institute of Planning and Management
SIMSR – KJ Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research
IIFT – Indian Institute of Foreign Trad
Loyola Institute of Business Administration(LIBA) Chennai
ITM Chennai

-->The recommended books are:-

* Arjun Sharma

* Abhijit Guha

* Nishit Sinha

-->Books for Di :-Nishit Sinha 's Di LR book By Pearson

-->Quantitaive Aptitude for MBA Entrance Exams By Guha Abhijit

-->For VERBAL REASONING
:-R S Aggarwal

BOOKS FOR VERBAL ABILITY

Student's companion By Wilfred D.Best

English Plus I.C.S.E For Class 10 By Xavier Pinto

Wren and Martin English Grammar

Word power made easy by NORMAN LEWIS

30 Days to a more powerful vocabulary by welfred Funk and Norman Lewis

Business english and communication by clark

A communicative grammar of english by geoffray leach

English Proficiency IMS india

Verbal Ability by Arjun Sharma

All the best ...go ahead and work hard...

Regards
Guri Kaur
3rd October 2012, 12:10 AM
Unregistered

hiiiii i am in 12 standard what i have to do after 12 or during 12 standard?
2nd April 2013, 09:16 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir/maam i jus wanted to know for entering the field of MBA which is the best course u prefer for me after 12th? and i jus wanted d brief info for each and every field in MBA Eg. MBA in Finance, MBA in HR etc.
24th June 2013, 07:54 PM
Unregistered

hello sir, how many time spend in cat,...?
27th June 2013, 01:44 PM
navjotsidhupamal
Senior Member++

Hello friend,

MBA is the good choice because now a days,it has good scope in the market also.

There are so many streams in MBA and you may choose any one from them according to your choice and interest.

But you can choose according to your stream in graduation.

I here provide you the full information about MBA.

MBA stands for Masters in Business Administration and it is a post graduation course.

There are so many streams in MBA and those are as follows:

Streams in MBA

MBA - Agribusiness
MBA - Aviation
MBA - Banking
MBA - Biotechnology
MBA - Brand Management
MBA - Business Administration
MBA - Business Management
MBA - Clinical Research
MBA - Construction Management
MBA - Economics
MBA - Fashion Designing
MBA - Finance
MBA - Health Care
MBA - Hospital Administration
MBA - Hospitality Management
MBA - Hotel Management
MBA - Human Resources ( HR)
MBA - Information Technology
MBA - Infrastructure Management
MBA - Insurance & Risk Management
MBA - International Business
MBA - Logistics
MBA - Marketing
MBA - Materials Management
MBA - Media
MBA - Oil & Gas
MBA - Operations Management
MBA - Personnel Management
MBA - Petroleum Studies
MBA - Pharma
MBA - Public Relations
MBA - Real Estate
MBA - Retail Management
MBA - Rural Management
MBA - Sales & Marketing
MBA - Supply Chain Management
MBA - Telecom Management
MBA - Tourism

Top Colleges for MBA

IIM Bangalore – Indian Institute of Bangalore
IIM Calcutta – Indian Institute of Calcutta
IIM Ahmedabad – Indian Institute of Ahmedabad
IIM Indore – Indian Institute of Indore
IIM Lucknow– Indian Institute of Lucknow
IIM Kozhikode– Indian Institute of Kozhikode
IIFT Delhi- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade
ISB Hyderabad- Indian School of Business
IIM Shillong – Indian Institute of Management
XLRI Management Institute Jamshedpur

Thank u!!
26th July 2020, 04:29 PM
deepikapandey9999

Pick the perfect MBA degree. ...
Prepare your transcripts. ...
Consider if you need a high GPA for your MBA. ...
Take the GMAT and GRE scores seriously. ...
Prepare your resume and professional experience. ...
Write a professional motivation essay for your MBA. ...
Don't dismiss your recommendation letters. ...
Make sure you have the English skills.
A four-year Bachelor's degree from an accredited U.S. institution or its international equivalent.
A minimum of two to three years of work experience, depending on your responsibilities.
Resume.
Personal Statement.
Two letters of professional recommendation.
26th July 2020, 04:32 PM
deepikapandey9999

All of MBA courses or specializations have bright prospects for students it the field of business management. However, the best MBA course depends solely on the candidates and their interest. Some of the best MBA courses in India are MBA in Sales & Marketing, MBA in Operations, MBA in HR, MBA in Finance and MBA in Information Technology
14th August 2020, 02:12 AM
deepikapandey9999

MBA is one of the most popular programmes in India for two reasons: First; it can be pursued by students from all streams irrespective of what they did in their bachelor’s, second, it is a sureshot improvement of employment prospects and earning capacity of all graduating students.

After graduation for admission in MBA/PGDM, apply for the Competitive Entrance Test. There are lots of tests in India, which have their acceptance according to the institutes. CAT,CMAT,MAT,XAT,GMAT for top colleges for both government and public sector college. While waiting for the result start looking for the suitable institute you are aiming for.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?