28th July 2012, 11:45 PM
Unregistered

How to become a professor in government colleges?

how can one become a professor in govt colleges....pelase give me tips for the same

12th September 2012, 12:42 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become a professor in government colleges?

Post graduation is eligibility criterion to get in to professor post. In order to apply for this post, one should clear UGC NET exam. They can apply if they have 55% marks during post graduation. For notifications about vacant posts, one can log in to UGC site. Candidates need to clear this exam with a good score as initial selection procedure. The second level of selection consists of a personal interview and teaching demo.
21st January 2013, 11:23 PM
Unregistered

I m 4th year computer science engineering student ......and i wan't government job......please tell me about the all government jobs for which i m elligble?
22nd January 2013, 01:42 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

If you want to become lecturer then there is a need to complete post graduation. Unless you have post graduation degree, you can not become lecturer in government college. It is out of the picture.

As far as other government jobs are concerned, the Computer Science Engineers can only apply for the job in Public Sector Undertaking (PSU). There are some PSUs who hire Computer Science Engineers. The scope is little in comparison with other Engineering streams, but there are some jobs in government sector for the Computer Science Engineers.

You will have to check notification of each PSU company to see whether there are any vacancies for the Computer Science Engineers. If there is, then you can apply for the job. But before you do apply, please ensure you are meeting the following criteria.

Eligibility

1. You should be citizen of India.

2. Bachelor of Technology degree from a recognized university.

3. At least 60 percent marks.

4. You must clear all pending backlogs before applying.

5. The age limit is 21 to 30 years.

6. There is 3 years relaxation for OBC.

7. Up to 5 years relaxation is given to SC/ST.

Selection Process

1. Written Test

2. Interview

Please remember that some companies do not conduct writtent test. In that scenario, your GATE score will be considered to offer job.

List of PSU

ISRO

BHEL

Indian Railways

Coal India

HAL

BEL

IOCL

BPCL

HPCL

ECIL

SAIL

NALCO

GAIL

ONGC

BSNL

MTNL
23rd January 2013, 11:31 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
how can one become a professor in govt colleges....pelase give me tips for the same
There are 2 ways to become a Govt College Professor :
1.You have to clear the UGC NET or SET/SLET Exams.
2.Other option is,securing a P.hd Degree in your subject.

You can prepare for net exams and qualify it inorder to become a lecturer.
NET stands for National Eligibility Test.
NET Exams are conducted by UGC,twice a year i.e June & Dec.
NET Exam is conducted for :
-Lecturership
-Junior Reasearch Fellowship(JRF)

Eligibility to appear in NET Exams:

Educational Qualifications for the UGC-NET exams is:
Post Graduation pass
Minimum 55% marks in Post Graduation for the General and OBC candidates
Minimum 50% marks for the SC/ST candidates

Age Limit:
Lecturership-No age limit
JRF-21-28yrs
SC/ST/Women/OBC candidates gets 5 years age relaxations

JRF candidates are awarded a stipend by UGC during the 2yr duration of P.hd.

Exam Pattern :
SCHEME OF EXAMINATION:
PAPER 1 - 100 Marks 50 questions of two marks each(common for all)
PAPER 2 - 100 Marks 50 questions of two marks each(Subject of choice)
PAPER 3 - 150 Marks 75 questions of two marks each(Subject of choice)

For more details visit www.ugc.ac.in
17th March 2013, 08:31 PM
Unregistered

salary package?
27th May 2013, 03:10 PM
Unregistered

Hi, I have completed M.SC cyber forensics and information security, 2012 batch. i want to become a professor in government college. how to get it successfull?
6th June 2013, 11:24 AM
Unregistered

Hi.. i am working as an asst professor in ECE dept. how can i get a job in govt engg colleges?
6th June 2013, 08:49 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

To become a Professor of Govt. College, one has to crack NET entrance exam after Post Graduation Degree.

NET - National Eligibility Test conducted by UPSC twice every year for selection of Lecturers.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed Post Graduation Degree in any stream from a recognised University with 55% marks(50% marks for SC/ST candidate), can apply for Lectureship. There is no upper age restriction for for this.

One can become a Professor/Lecturer after completion of Ph. D. Degree.
13th July 2013, 03:24 AM
Unregistered

i have completed m.com (distance learning) and want to do p.hd but my bachelor degree was b.a in english. so am i eligible for p.hd or not
13th July 2013, 03:35 PM
nim@1990

Dear member,

I have attached eligibility critetia to become a professor in government colleges.

You must have good experiance in teaching field as well as completed M.Tech or P.hd.
6th September 2013, 08:27 PM
Unregistered

i have completed b.com now i am doing m.com 2nd year i want to ask that for become professor at college level wether i hav to do b.ed degreee or not?
13th September 2013, 10:55 AM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
It's really Nice to that you're aspiring to become a professor in Government college.

To Become Professor in Top Colleges then you have to appear in NET Entrance Examination which is Conducted by ( University Grands Commission )

Master degree course is the Minimum Educational qualification to apply for NET Entrance Examination. So, If you have completed master degree course then you're eligible for NET Entrance Examination.

Information regarding NET Entrance Examination ~~

NET Stands for National Eligibility Test and this Examination is Conducted by University Grants Commission . The Applicant who Interested to become an Lecturer than the Applicant have to Appear in UGC NET Examination and this NET Conducts Examination for Junior Research Fellowship and Lectureship.

To appear in this NET Examination you have to satisfy the below eligibility Criteria ,

Applicant should be done Post Graduation Course in any of the discipline with 55% Percentile of marks from recognized University and relaxation will applicable for SC/ST/PH/VH candidates for 50% Percentage of marks in respective post graduation field .

If your Interested to take part in Junior Research Fellowship Program than your age should be Not less than 28 years and Upper Age Relaxation will applicable for SC/ST/OBC/PH/VH .

If your Interested to take Part in Lectureship Program than, there is No age limit for that Program. Any age candidate may Participate in that Program.

The Examination Pattern consists three papers and the First Paper Consist of General Nature/ Teaching aptitude Etc.. and The Examination is Based on the Objective type and descriptive .

Applicant may apply for this Examination in online Mode by the Visiting the Official website of UGC NET . The Notification for this Examination may Published in Employment News Paper and Official website of UGC.

For More Information Please Visit Here :-http://www.ugc.ac.in/

Note: NET Entrance Examination score card is very Important to apply for Lecturer job in government colleges. Only after cracking the NET Entrance Examination only you may get lecturer job in government colleges.
23rd January 2014, 10:58 PM
Unregistered

Sir/ madam, I am gradute in commerce( account honours, year 2003). Now I want to pursue MA in geography subject from Nalanda open univ Bihar and later for NET. Is it possible?
26th May 2014, 03:15 PM
Unregistered

i am computer engineerin student. after completion of B.E.plz give eligiblity to do job in psu secter?
14th August 2014, 03:30 PM
Unregistered

i m completed pg in mechanical engineering (thermal eng.).i need syllabus for my course to write net exam.whether i passed in net exam by how govtmnt college take. me .there any interview for me are else councilling
15th August 2014, 05:03 AM
Ranjeet prasad yadav

how can one become a professor in govt colleges....pelase give me tips for the same[/QUOTE]
15th August 2014, 12:53 PM
SANJEET BH

FOR THIS ONE SHOULD COMPLETE PhD IN RELEVENT STREAM AND THEN APPLY FOR ASSISTENT PROFESSOR AFTER SOME YEAR WILL BE POST TO PROFESSOR!
16th August 2014, 06:38 PM
kaviya sri

Smile Re: How to become a professor in government colleges?

Quote:
hi you have to finish any master degree and then u can apply for SET and NET exam.if u passed in that exam your eligible for government college lecturer.November month they will be callfering for exam so please watch it and apply
4th September 2014, 04:48 AM
Unregistered

Hiii
I have completed b.com then i have done Pgdit and mba and now i am about to ccomplete MA in english now i want to know the procedure to become govt.college proffessor n m planning to do m.phil in englsh so iz net exam necessery for getting govt job n to do m.phil??
23rd September 2014, 08:31 AM
Unregistered

Respected sir/mam;-
i am doing M.Com 1st year. I want to prepare for a NET exam please send the syllabus for that exam. My email id is [email protected]
29th November 2014, 11:45 PM
Unregistered

respected sir/madam
i am a ca nd persuing m. com.i wish to become a professor in govt college.is cracking net xam compulsory for ca's also or can we become professor on the basis of our degree..please help. I shall be highly obliged. my e-mail id is [email protected]
22nd July 2015, 01:53 PM
Unregistered

Respected,
I am A MECHANICAL ENGINEER with 68%,
And I Want to become a govt. officer. Please give me
some tips for my bright future.
24th March 2016, 04:57 PM
Unregistered

I want to become a professor after m.sc mathematics in government collage what i have to do
30th March 2016, 10:44 AM
Unregistered

if i want to become a professor in a reputed government college , what are the things of conern?
i am student of class 12
27th April 2016, 07:05 PM
Unregistered

I have grace marks in mcom first semester can i become professior although i have first class degree?
27th April 2016, 07:07 PM
Unregistered

I have grace marks in mcom first semester can i become professior although i have first class degree?
6th July 2016, 10:56 PM
Unregistered

Completed Mba finance from iper bhopal with 89 % which job I will get and how much salary
27th September 2016, 02:20 AM
Unregistered

How can I become a teacher's trainer in a goverment teacher's training institute ? which exam i have to give for that
28th September 2016, 10:43 PM
shiwangini raj

To become a professors in government college one should first pass graduate degree in any faculty with at least 55% marks and then he must qualify NET organized by UGC in that particular subjects.
After then he will have to compete the competitive exams held for lectureships by any public service commission .
After being lecturer one should become a professor..
THANKS..
8th March 2017, 01:20 PM
Unregistered

Is there is need to choose a specific subject to become a professor in govt. College?
11th April 2017, 01:57 PM
Unregistered

I have done bsc..and now pursuing m.a in english. So after qualifying UGC NET will be eligible to get govt job as a professor or lecturer..or is it necessary to have same subjects in graduation and post graduation.?
21st July 2017, 06:14 PM
Unregistered

Hello, I have completed my post graduation from political science and pursuing b.ed but I want to become professor in govt. university.what are pre-requisite? Plz suggest.
16th August 2017, 12:15 PM
Unregistered

Hi All, I completed my MCA in 2016.present I am working in Wipro as project engineer.I want to become a professor in government degree colleges. How can I approach.
4th January 2018, 05:36 PM
Unregistered

I am B.Pharm student am I eligible for NET Exam after completing degree or post graguate degree?
7th January 2018, 04:01 PM
Unregistered

Hi I have completed my graduation in accounting and finance now completed Mcom part 1 with 76% and now pursuing part 2 what should I do after this course for assistant professor please guide me on this
25th February 2018, 09:49 AM
Unregistered

Can I write NET exam in june though i am a regular second year student of MCA at Psg Tech?
17th June 2018, 11:09 AM
Unregistered

Hello sir/mam is there any requirement to complete phd along with passing NET/SET to become gov. Asst. Professor ..?? Or any one (phd/NET) of this will enough...?
18th July 2018, 11:11 AM
Unregistered

My 3rd sem of mtech (computer science) is completed and thesis is remain. Can I apply
4th December 2018, 05:57 AM
Unregistered

I want to become a government college professor after my m.sc biochemistry with nanotechnology degree so what I have to do..?
31st May 2019, 10:24 AM
Unregistered

Sir, could I become a lecture or professor after completing my Bsc. In geography (general course)in cotton University?
12th June 2019, 09:55 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my MCom and inter CA. I have also cleared NET exam. I have one year teaching experience at college. What is the procedure to apply for professorship at government college
9th July 2019, 07:11 PM
Unregistered

In order to appear net exam do i need to study only the paper which i took honours during my post graduation
7th August 2021, 04:50 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir, As a soldier ,I want to become a lecturer/professor in govt.institutes. I have completed my graduation from English subject. After my retirement ,what can I do for become a professor ? In category of Ex-serviceman Quota.guide me .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?