13th April 2013, 02:25 PM
MERCILLIN

How to become a software engineer?

Hi....my ambition is to become a software engineer...but im not that good at math and science...i got suggestions to take up commerce stream...please suggest me your valuable opinion of which course to opt for...thank you..awaiting your reply...

24th June 2013, 11:26 PM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How to become a software engineer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MERCILLIN View Post
Hi....my ambition is to become a software engineer...but im not that good at math and science...i got suggestions to take up commerce stream...please suggest me your valuable opinion of which course to opt for...thank you..awaiting your reply...

There are six courses which you can study for becoming a software Engineer.These are :
  1. BCA.
  2. B.sc(IT).
  3. MCA.
  4. M.sc(IT).
  5. B.Tech/B.E in Computer Science.
  6. B.Tech/B.E in Information Technology.
For each of the above listed courses there is a different requirements.To take admission in these courses details are as follows :

Undergraduate Degree courses

B.sc(IT) and B.E/B.Tech Eligibility :
  • Candidates should have a minimum educational qualification of 10+2 pass out/Final year appearing with science stream.
  • Candidates subject combination in 10+2 should be Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics.
  • To take admission in B.sc(IT) course your minimum marks in 10+2 should be 60%.
  • T take admission in B.E/B.Tech courses you will have to apply for IIT-JEE Mains and Advanced Exam.
  • In order to apply for JEE Mains & Advanced your minimum marks should be 70% in 10+2.
  • Your age should not be above 25 for appearing in JEE Mains and Advanced Exam.
Eligibility for BCA :
  • Your minimum educational qualification should be Inter pass out from recognized board with any discipline.
  • Your minimum marks should be 55% in 10+2/Inter level.

Post Graduate Degree courses
Eligibility details for MCA :
  • Candidates having bachelor degree in Computer application/Information technology/Science/Arts/Commerce with Mathematics/Statistics Honors paper will be eligible to take admission in this course.
  • Candidates minimum marks in degree level courses should be 60%.
Eligibility details for M.sc(IT) :
  • Candidates who have completed their bachelor degree course in Information Technology will only be eligible to take admission in this course.
  • Candidates should also have a Mathematics paper in Graduation as well as in Inter level.
  • Candidates minimum marks in Graduation level should be 65% and in Inter level should be 60%.

5th April 2016, 06:11 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to become a software engineer?

which institutes are best for training for entrance exam held in college after12 in software engineering
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?