26th August 2010, 04:12 PM
Unregistered

How can a B.Tech final year student apply for jobs in ISRO, BARC and DRDO?

Sir, i am a b. tech 4th year student.

(1) How can i apply & What is the criteria for a job in ISRO?
(2) How can i apply &what is the criteria for the job in BHABHA ATOMIC RESERCH CENTER?
(3) How can i apply & what is the criteria for the job in DRDO?

26th February 2012, 08:28 PM
mohitsahu2512

Default Re: How can a B.Tech final year student apply for jobs in ISRO, BARC and DRDO?

ISRO

Hey...Hello...to apply for jobs in ISRO, you first have to submit the application online and than after that the candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of application and shortlisted students will be called for written examination and than those who can crack the examination will be called for interview...currently vacancy is open for assistant and junior assistant post.....the syllabus for assistant and junior assistant post is.....
There will be two sections....section 1 will be of two hours and consist of three types of questions...
General english(objective)- 40 ques
General studies- 40 ques
General english(descriptive)- 2 ques

Section 2 will be of 2-1/2 hours and will consist of three types of questions.....
Arithmetic- 60 ques
General knowledge- 20 ques
computer literacy- 20 ques...
so total in all your paper will be of four and a half hour.

Eligibility for ISRO:-

1.You must have complete the BE/B.tech course in streams like- Electronics/Electrical/Mechanical/Computer science

2.Have secure 60% aggregate...
For SC/ST the percentage relaxation is 5%..

3.Age should not be more than 35 years...
For SC/ST the upper age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC the upper age relaxation is 3 years.

4.You must be a citizen of India.
26th February 2012, 08:42 PM
mohitsahu2512

Default Re: How can a B.Tech final year student apply for jobs in ISRO, BARC and DRDO?

Hey...Hello...to apply for jobs in ISRO, you first have to submit the application online and than after that the candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of application and shortlisted students will be called for written examination and than those who can crack the examination will be called for interview...currently vacancy is open for assistant and junior assistant post.....the syllabus for assistant and junior assistant post is.....
There will be two sections....section 1 will be of two hours and consist of three types of questions...
General english(objective)- 40 ques
General studies- 40 ques
General english(descriptive)- 2 ques

Section 2 will be of 2-1/2 hours and will consist of three types of questions.....
Arithmetic- 60 ques
General knowledge- 20 ques
computer literacy- 20 ques...
so total in all your paper will be of four and a half hour

Criteria for ISRO jobs

ISRO is an organization where in lot of scope are there for engineering graduates in mechanical field. Regarding the opportunities in ISRO, notifications will be published regarding vacancies in the same from time to time mostly in the month of April .For more details you can visit the official site of ISRO.

* For applying for jobs in ISRO, since you are engineering graduate, you should have at least 65 % marks from any recognized university / college.
* The selection criteria’s for positions in ISRO is based on written tests followed by personality tests and interview if short listed.
* Another option would be you trying out the GATE exam etc.
* Another option would be to do your degree from reputed institutes like IIT etc which make your way easy to get in to the organization as such.

ISRO conducts exams to recruit for various positions such as Scientists, Researchers, and Trainees.

Since you are a BTech fresher you will always be considered for apprentice positions or else you can opt for post graduation. The selection of the candidates will also be based on their merit level, hence one needs to be strong these areas. You can opt for coaching classes to attend the exam.
26th February 2012, 09:31 PM
parthagogoi123

for isro you have to do a lot of study.After completing the b.tech degree you have to go to top IIT college to take your M.TECH degree and then you can apply for DRDO or ISRO.
26th February 2012, 11:47 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How can a B.Tech final year student apply for jobs in ISRO, BARC and DRDO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, i am a b. tech 4th year student.

(1) How can i apply & What is the criteria for a job in ISRO?
(2) How can i apply &what is the criteria for the job in BHABHA ATOMIC RESERCH CENTER?
(3) How can i apply & what is the criteria for the job in DRDO?
Hi as you're studying 4th year B.Tech

you have a wonderful opportunity awaiting for you to get job in ISRO.
Matter is :- Recently ISRO announced a notification for B.E/B.Tech students for the post of Scientific Officer(SC) under electronics and Mechanical.

Application filing has been started from 8th and going to end up on 28th.

the required eligibility criterion to apply for this online is only you should have 65% in your qualifying exam i.e., B.Tech.

you need to apply the online application form and then you need to pay the challan in your nearest SBI.
The fee for this is just 100 Rs.

This is the hot recruitment notification. Try for this. Moreover your application doesn't decide your eligibility for written test in the selection process. you should also get shortlisted in the initial screening.

As you'll upload the marks what all you got till now,
I think based on that only you will be called for written exam.

after clearing written exam you'll be called for interview you should also get selected in that interview. The to and fro train charges will be paid by ISRO.

In this way you can become a Scientific officer(SC) through this procedure with a good tempting pay band of approximately 33,000 per month excluding the benefits.

This is a nice opportunity for B.Tech 2012 pass outs so definitely give a sincere try .

My suggestion is don't think about other options like B.A.R.C or D.R.D.O now..For your information to get job in B.A.R.C and D.R.D.O you need to get good rank in GATE also.

just concentrate on this ISRO announcement .
Give a sincere attempt definitely you may get recruited as one of the good post in ISRO.

All the best
27th February 2012, 12:04 AM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

after completion of your B.Tech you can apply for the following government companies :

BHEL
ECIL
ISRO
BSNL
NTPC
NHPC
SAIL
GAIL

selection process is a written exam
you should also get shortlisted in the initial screening
afterclearing written exam you'll be called for interview you should also get selected in that interview.
This is a opportunity for B.Tech 2012 passout candidates
27th February 2012, 12:14 AM
simmi9044

For govt jobs u need to have
done ur graduation..so wait
till u clear ur exams...
u can apply afterwards for
various bank
po's,BHEL,SAIL,BEL,ISRO etc govt sector jobs..
the notifications about all
govt jobs can be seen at
thesarkarinaukri.com,freejobalert.com.. all the best
27th February 2012, 05:57 PM
michael_scofield

you have to give the state level entrance examination of your state,according to your rank obtained you got the colleges in the counselling.similar to that AIEEE counselling after after 12th.
there are many colleges which directly give admission to diploma students called lateral entry...for it check your news paper.
27th February 2012, 06:51 PM
mohitsahu2512

Bhabha Atomic Research Centre comes up with new recruitment 2012 project for various positions. BARC time to time invites applications for various jobs. In this page we will give you latest recruitment news announced by Bhabha Atomic Research Centre.

barcWe http://recruitmentnews.com will updates this page every time BARC open vacancies for any post. Read rest of the post to know latest BARC recruitment 2012 news with important information.
Post & Vacancies

Stipendiary Trainees Cat. II): Thirty six (36)
Plant Operator: Ten (10)
Basic Science (Health Physics): Eight (08) Posts
Mill Wright: Eight (08) Posts
Instrumentation: Ten (10) Posts

It is a special recruitment drive for other backward classes (OBC) category candidates.
Eligibility Criteria

Age Limit: Candidates whose age is between eighteen (18) years to twenty five (25) years as on 26th December, 2011 are eligible under age limit condition.

Educational qualification: Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) / (10+2) with sixty percentage (60%) marks or Secondary School Certificate (SSC) with sixty percentage (60%) marks plus ITI/NCVT in relevant trade.

Physical Standards: Minimum Height: one hundred and sixty centimeters (160 cms which is equal to 5.33 inch). Minimum weight: forty five kilograms (45.5 Kgs) (Relaxable if the candidate is otherwise medically fit.)
Further Selection

Candidates who are qualified under eligibility criteria and submit applications through proper channel will be invite to give written examination.

Written test will be one hour and will comprise of objective type (multiple choice) questions. Candidates who will get qualifying marks in the test will be shortlist by Bhabha Atomic Research Centre for personal interview. The decision of the BARC to select candidates after personal interview will be final.
Exam Syllabus

The syllabus for above said written test will be based on subjects at Secondary School Certificate (SSC) / Secondary School Certificate (SSC) and Industrial Training Institutes (ITI) level as the case may be.
4th March 2012, 06:35 PM
Unregistered

can a 4th year btech (it) student apply for jobs? if then in which companies..................plz ans, can we apply in for govt jobs while in 4th year.
14th July 2012, 10:39 AM
Unregistered

Iam a student of B.Tech 2nd year Computer Science Engineeering, and my dream is to enter into ISRO please tell me the syllabus that i have to study for this and also suggest me any methods that I can follow during preparation
23rd July 2012, 10:02 AM
Unregistered

How can i get into drdo completing my 4th year B.tech in ECE?
Can i get a job as a researcher?
5th September 2012, 10:25 PM
Unregistered

I AM A IT STUDENT CAN I APPLY FOR THE JOB IN BARC?
PLEASE ANSWER THIS QUESTION AND HOW I PREPARE FOR THIS EXAM?
16th March 2016, 03:26 PM
Unregistered

I am student of final year B.E.. can I apply for the graduate apprentice post in isro?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?