16th March 2020, 06:46 PM
Unregistered

How can a candidate from Commerce background prepare for and become an IAS Officer?

How can I become an IAS officer? What are its requirements? What is the proper age to start its preparation? What are the guidelines for a Commerce student to become an IAS officer? When and how to apply for the entrance? Which all designations or posts are allotted under IAS category?

31st March 2020, 12:28 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: How can a candidate from Commerce background prepare for and become an IAS Officer?

Civil Service Examination is conducted for recruitment as an I.A.S, I.P.S etc.

The examination is conducted in three stages. Candidates passed or in the final year of bachelor degree can apply for the examination. Age limit is 21-32 years while there is relaxation for reserved category.

You can apply for the examination when notification will be released and you are eligible for it. Generally notification is released in February.

There are various services allotted to candidates qualifying in the examination on the basis of rank.

For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
31st March 2020, 07:41 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can a candidate from Commerce background prepare for and become an IAS Officer?

To become an I.A.S officer, you have to appear and qualify in Civil Service Examination.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university. The age limit is 21-32 years.

There is no such proper age to start the preparation for the examination. So, you can start the preparation whenever you feel determined to qualify in it.

The application form for the examination is released every year and examination is conducted in three stages for final selection.

There are more than 20 services under Civil Service Examination.

For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?