30th November 2015, 12:49 PM
Unregistered

How can a Diploma student get admission in a good placement offering B.Tech college?

I am studying diploma final year and I want to do the B.tech in a good placement offering college with scholarship. Please guide me how can I make it possible.

30th November 2015, 02:43 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can a Diploma student get admission in a good placement offering B.Tech college?

Yes, after the diploma degree you are eligible to vet the admission in the various government and the private institute for the b.tech courses.

To get the admission in the B.Tech course after the diploma you have to qualify in the LEET examination conducted by the various university. The candidates who have passed the diploma with 60% aggregate are eligible to appear for the examination.

It is not possible to get the scholarship in the government colleges. So for this you have to appear for the private university examination.
30th November 2015, 03:07 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can a Diploma student get admission in a good placement offering B.Tech college?

Yes, you are eligible to get the admission in the B.tech course after the completion of the diploma courses.

The candidates after completing the three year diploma courses are eligible to get the admission in the 2nd year B.tech courses. To get the admission candidates have to appear for the LEET examination.

The eligibility to appear for the LEET examination is:-
* Candidates must have passed the diploma from the recognised university.
* Candidates must have aggregate of at least 60%.

The examination is conducted by the various state education board to get the admission in their own university.
30th November 2015, 03:12 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get the admission in the B.tech course after the completion of the diploma courses.

The candidates after completing the three year diploma courses are eligible to get the admission in the 2nd year B.tech courses. To get the admission candidates have to appear for the LEET examination.

The eligibility to appear for the LEET examination is:-
* Candidates must have passed the diploma from the recognised university.
* Candidates must have aggregate of at least 60%.

The examination is conducted by the various state education board to get the admission in their own university.
30th November 2015, 05:48 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

LEET is entrance exam for diploma candidates to get admission in bachelor of technology course. LEET stands for Lateral Entry Entrance Test. If you have secured 60% or more in diploma then you are eligible for LEET exam.

LEET score is accepted by various technical universities of India for admission of diploma holders directly in second year of engineering. So appear for LEET exam and score good rank for admission in the best college.

Notification for LEET is generally out in April to May month of every year.
30th November 2015, 05:58 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am studying diploma final year and I want to do the B.tech in a good placement offering college with scholarship. Please guide me how can I make it possible.
As you are studying in Diploma Final Year, so to get admission in B.Tech you will have to pass Lateral Entry Exam.

Lateral entry exam is conducted by the college itself for getting admission directly to 2nd year for Diploma degree holders.

Some of Lateral entry exam preparation books that you may refer are:

Lateral Entry to Engineering Degree (B.E./B.Tech) Exam Guide (Paperback)
Author: RPH Editorial Board
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House
Price: Rs. 172

LEET Lateral Entry Entrance Test 2013: Lateral Entry to Engineering Degree Programmes for Diploma Holders (2nd year/3rd Semester)
Author: G. K. P
Publisher: G K Publications
Price: Rs. 469

LEET Lateral entry entrance test: Specially Prepared for Harayana 2012
Author: Gkp
Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd
Price: Rs. 443

There is no such scholarship facility in getting admission in B.Tech Second Year by college.

However, you can apply for State Government Scholarship if you belong to the same state in which you had taken admission.
30th November 2015, 08:33 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

There are two options for diploma candidates to get admission in Bachelor of Technology after completion of diploma from a recognized institute.

>>First option is through Joint Entrance Examination. JEE is conducted by CBSE for admission in undergraduate courses of engineering. Diploma holders are only eligible for JE E mains stage. You can get admission in NITs, IIITs and other government engineering colleges.

>>Second option for you is through Lateral Entry Entrance Exam. Diploma holders must have at least 60% marks in diploma to be eligible for LEET. You will get admission directly in second year of engineering.
30th November 2015, 08:46 PM
Suraj Singh 7494

For such thing you have to do hard work, try to get good scoring marks around 80% or above. And you have to clear Lateral Entry Exam with a good scoring marks and good rank. Than you can get admission in a good college where you can get a good placement offers. And if you crack the exam and scoring top ranks than you will also be eligible for the scholarships.
30th November 2015, 10:51 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

You can simply get admission in the well reputed B.tech college. For that you have to apply for the Lateral entry entrance test. My suggestion to you is that you should prepare the LEET exam with all your efforts and try to score good marks in the exams. After that you have to participate in the counselling for the good college. My suggestion to you is that you should go for the good colleges first in the counselling.
30th November 2015, 11:37 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

Diploma in engineering degree is equivalent to higher secondary degree in general but in case of admission in B.Tech course they have a benefit that they can take admission directly to 2year or 3rd semester whichever followed by the college and that admission is known as Lateral Entry.
But also, most of the colleges do not accepts admission on the basis of Lateral Entry Scheme.
So, first of all students need to prepare a list of colleges which accepts admission as Lateral Entry and out of that point out the best college having better facilities, placement record in the recent 5-6 years.
Also for admission as Lateral Entry, students have to qualify a special examination conducted specially for Diploma students for Lateral Entry.
To appear for admission through Lateral Entry, students must have Diploma degree from any NCVT or AICTE approved institute otherwise the students will be not eligible to take admission even if they qualify in the entrance examination.
30th November 2015, 11:57 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
B.tech stands for Bachelor of Technology a 4 years course consisting of 8 semesters. Being a diploma student you can join in B.tech course and you can directly join in 2nd year of study if you write the LEET exam (Lateral Entry Entrance Test).

The eligibility needed for applying for the LEET exam is that you should have completed a 3 years engineering diploma from a recognized university as per the educational qualification. You can apply for the exam and get the form from the respected university for which you are applying. The schedule of entrance exam is based on the university for which you are applying.

These are the top colleges where you can apply for doing B.tech course and there are 100% assurance for placement.
  • Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
  • Indian Institute of Technology, New Delhi
  • IIT, Kanpur
  • IIT, Bombay
  • IIT, Chennai
  • IIT, Roorkee
  • IT BHU, Varanasi
  • Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad
  • IIT, Guwahati
  • Anna University, Chennai
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?