30th July 2020, 05:46 PM
alhatgayu09

How can a female candidate join Merchant Navy with Diploma and B.Tech in Mechanical branch?

After completion of my Diploma and B.Tech degree in Mechanical Engineering what post I will get and which is the higher post and higher salary for girls in Merchant Navy ship? What will be the procedure to enter in Merchant Navy fir female candidates? What type of exam I have to give for that?

7th May 2023, 11:58 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can a female candidate join Merchant Navy with Diploma and B.Tech in Mechanical branch?

Those who have BE/B.Tech degree from IIT or a college recognized by AICTE with an average of not less than 50% marks in final year.
Must be physically and medically fit.
Must have good vision
After your B.Tech , you have to undergo GME course which provide licence to join as marine engineer.
One can join as junior engineer with an engineering degree and later become fourth, third or second chief engineer.
The average salary is around र 4,33, 842 per year.
Both cadet and engineer job profiles require a candidate to clear the IMU CET . After clearing the exam , you are eligible to join IMU affiliated college.
After their bachelor's degree they have to undergo pre sea Training for 1 year.
After 6 months of training, candidate has to apply for competency exam and join as fourth engineer.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?