23rd August 2012, 10:46 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Merchant Navy after completing B.E? I am a B.E student with mechanical branch

sir,
I m BE student with mechanical branch . after completing my BE can i will be joint in merchant navy.

& my backlog also clear so pls tell me can i will be joint.

Suppose if i will be joint than in which position i will get .

Related Questions:
10th October 2012, 03:30 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Merchant Navy after completing B.E? I am a B.E student with mechanical branch

After completing BE in mechanical Engineering you can join Merchant navy. You have to clear all back papers at the time of application. You should have secured a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate in qualifying examination. Apart from these you should clear Pre sea training Course. Upper age limit is 28 years.
15th December 2012, 10:20 PM
Onkar Kaur
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I join Merchant Navy after completing B.E? I am a B.E student with mechanical branch

Yes my friend, you can join Navy after completing you BE. But you should not have any backlog in that.

Age Limit: 28 years.

You should have to sit in the examination of CDS. Now, you have missed the form this year. It's last date of submission was 12/12/2012. But you can get the new notification near about in the month of MAY/June.

Students of Nautical science are also eligible for Merchant Navy.

Moreover the 10+2 students who have completed their course in PCM can also join navy according to various groups.

A. In order to become an Engineer or Executive in Naval Architechture:

Eligibility Criteria:

1. Candidate must have Maths and Physics as subjects in 10+2 and passes this with minimum 55% marks.

2. Age limit should be between 16.5-19 years

3. Only male candidates can apply.

B. In order to become an Artificier Apprentice:

Eligibility Criteria:

1. Candidate must have Maths and Physics as subjects in 10+2 and passes this with minimum 55% marks.

2. Age limit should be between 17-20 years

C. For Senior Secondary recruit:

Eligibility Criteria:

2. Age limit should be between 17-21 years

Wish you all the very best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?