27th August 2013, 07:21 PM
Unregistered

How can I appear for next SET/NET exam in computer science and application

Hi..

I want to appear for next SET/NET exam in Computer Science and application.
I need some info regarding it. Which books I need to refer.
Whats the next schedule for these exams.

Thanks,
Swati

28th August 2013, 11:10 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I appear for next SET/NET exam in computer science and application

If you have done Post Graduation Degree in Computer Applications then surely you can apply for NET /SET. But you have to fulfill the percentage criteria for it.

55% marks is the minimum marks required for becoming eligible for NET/SET. So if you have got these much marks in Post Graduation then surely you can apply for the exam.

Marks relaxation of 5% is given to those categories which belong to reserved category like SC/ST/PWD.

As far as age is concerned there is no age limit mentioned for the exam for lecturership.

But if you want to apply for Junior Research fellowship then age should be below 28 years. Relaxation of age is available to SC/ST/PWD categories.

Exam Pattern:

Books for NET/SET for Computers Science subject:

-UGC University Grants Commission NET/SET for Lectureship Exam Paper I (Compulsory) by GKP

-UGC NET/JRF/SLET Teaching & Research Aptitude (General Paper-I) by Lal Jain, K. C. Vashistha

-UGC NET Digest Teaching and Research Aptitude (General Paper - I) by Dr. M. L.Kamlesh

-UGC - JRF & Lectureship Paper I Teaching and Research Aptitude by Dr. M S Ansari

28th August 2013, 11:25 AM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How can I appear for next SET/NET exam in computer science and application

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi..

Thanks,
Swati
Eligibility required for UGC-NET Exam :-
  • Your minimum qualification should be Master degree in Computer Application/Information Technology.Valid Master degree are :M.Tech/M.E/MCA/MIT from a recognized university.
  • Your minimum marks in Master degree should be 55%(in case of General and OBC) and 50%(in case of SC and ST).
  • If you will apply for JRF(Junior Research Fellowship) then your age should be between 19 years to 28 years.
Examination Fee UGC-NET/SLET Exam :
  1. For General Candidates - Rs 450.
  2. For OBC Candidates - Rs 225.
  3. For SC/ST Candidates - Rs 110.
As Last Date to fill the UGC-NET Exam for June Session was Friday May 03,2013 . So you will be able to apply for UGC-NET Exam for the December Session.As this exam is conducted two times in a year,you can apply for UGC-NET Exam after 5th December 2013.

For getting current notification details related to UGC-NET Exam use can check regularly by sing this link http://ugcnetonline.in/dates.php

Books for UG-NET Exams which you can prefer are :

28th August 2013, 11:26 AM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

NET stands for National Eligibility Test

NET Exams are conducted by UGC twice a year in June and December

NET Exam is conducted for:
Lecturership
Junior Research Fellowship (JRF)

Educational Qualifications for the UGC-NET exams is:
Post Graduation pass
Minimum 55% marks in Post Graduation for the General and OBC candidates
Minimum 50% marks for the SC/ST candidates

Age Limit:
Lectureship-No age limit
JRF-maximum age to apply is 28 years
OBC/WOMEN/SC/ST candidates can apply till 33 years

Next NET exams would be conducted in December 2013
You can fill the forms in October 2013 through the website www.ugcnetonline.in
28th August 2013, 01:51 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

The two exams you are talking about are conducted for college lectureship and Junior Research Fellowship. National Eligibility Test is conducted by University Grants Commission for the central government colleges.

While State Eligibility Test is the exam conducted by each state separately. While the National Eligibility Test is conducted in June and December, SET depends of the state. Although the eligibility criteria remains the same.

Some states conduct it twice a year while others conduct it once. Even the months for the exam could be different from National Eligibility Test. Unless you had asked query for any specific state, I can't really answer that question.

National Eligibility Test is next going to take place in December and you should be able to find the notification regarding it during the months of October or November.

NET Eligibility

1. You should be Indian citizen to pursue JRF or Lectureship.

2. Must have completed post graduation course.

3. Final year students are also eligible to sit for exam.

4. Must have scored 55 percent marks in post graduation.

5. There is 5 percent relaxation for SC and ST.

6. No relaxation is granted to OBC.

7. Final year students should submit the degree in 2 years to avoid disqualification.

8. To appear for Computer Science subject, you must have completed PG in Computers.

9. Your age should be below 28 years to apply for JRF.

10. There is 3 years relaxation for OBC.

11. SC/ST is given 5 years relaxation.

12. There is no upper age limit to apply for lectureship.

NET Books for Computer Science

1. Upkar's Computer Science & Applications (Paper II & III)

2. Trueman's Computer Science & Applications

3. R Gupta's Popular Master Guide - Computer Science and Applications
28th August 2013, 07:41 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

The Acronym "NET" stands for National Eligibility Test whereas "SET" stands for State Eligibility Test.

Both the tests are conducted twice every year for the following posts :

* Lectureship

* Junior Research Fellowship

The National Eligibility Test is conducted at national level by the University Grants Commission whereas the State Eligibility Test is conducted by the State Governments.

The Eligibility Criteria Required for National Eligibility Test are :

## Educational Qualifications :

>> The candidate must have completed post graduation in any stream from any UGC recognized university.

>> The candidate must have completed post graduation with a minimum of 55% marks.

>> A relaxation of 5% marks is given to SC/ST Candidates.

>> Candidates in final year of post graduation are also eligible.

>> No Relaxation in marks is given to OBC Candidates.

## Age Limitations :

>> There is no age limit for the post of Lectureship.

>> The Age Limit for JRF post is 21-28 years.

>> A relaxation of 3 years is given to OBC Candidates whereas a relaxation of 5 years is given to SC/ST Candidates.

Note : The National Eligibility Test is conducted twice every year in the months of June and December.

So , if you fulfill the above mentioned criteria , only then you are eligible to appear for the NET/SET Exam.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
31st August 2013, 03:18 PM
anshu85277
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi..

Thanks,
Swati
NET stands for national eligibility test and SET stands for state eligibility test

NET is conducted by university grant commission and SET is conducted by state governments for following post :

1. lectureship

2.junior research fellowship

** eligibility criteria for net are :

candidate must have completed post graduation from a recognised ugc university

must have score minimum 55% in post graduation

5% relaxation for sc/st students

no relaxation for obc students

** age limitations

no upper age limit for lecturershhip

for junior research fellowship age should be 21-28 years

3 years relaxation for obc students and 5 year relaxation for sc/st students

net/set exam is conducted twice a year

books for net/set :

trueman's computer science and applications

upkar's computer science and applications

R gupta's popular master guide

good luck
6th September 2013, 10:20 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

NET stands for National Eligibility Test and SET stands for State Eligibility Test.

Both the tests are conducted twice every year in the month of June & December for the following posts :

* Lectureship

* Junior Research Fellowship

UGC Conducts the NET exam which is a national level exam whereas SET is conducted by the state government.

The Eligibility Criteria candidate must have for NET exam are :

* Candidate must be a post graduate in any stream from any recognized college / university with 55% marks.

* Candidates who are in the final year of Post Graduation are also eligible for applying.

* A 5% relaxation in marks is granted to Candidates belonging to SC/ST category.

Age Limitations - No age limit set for the post of Lecturer.

* JRF - 21 - 28 years

A relaxation in upper age of 3 years and 5 years are given to candidates belonging to OBC and SC/ST category respectively.

Candidates must fulfill the above mentioned eligibility to take up this exam.

This is the all I have to share with you.

Thanks.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?