28th June 2016, 12:31 PM
Unregistered

How can I become a Bank Clerk after completion of B.Com?

Hello Everyone,
I am studying in B.Com 2nd year. After completing my B.Com, I want to get job in Banking sector. I want to become a Clerk. Please tell me how can I become clerk in Bank? Please tell me asap.

28th June 2016, 08:46 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I become a Bank Clerk after completion of B.Com?

One who wishes to become a Bank clerk should appear for IBPS Clerk CWE.

IBPS stands for Institute of Banking Personnel Selection . IBPS provides its service to all Public Sector Banks, Regional Rural Banks, SBI, RBI, NABARD and SIDBI which are its regular member organizations.

The eligibility criteria required to apply for bank clerk job are as under :-

-The candidate should have a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

-The candidate age limit should be from 20 years to 28 years for general category.There is age relaxation for OBC candidate by 3 years and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

-The selection procedure involves of

* Written Test , and

* Interview .

The written Exam consist of the following subjects.

General Knowledge about Banking Sector

General English

Computer Knowledge

Reasoning

Aptitude .
28th June 2016, 09:04 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

After completing your B.Com ( Bachelor of Commerce ) degree, for becoming a bank clerk in a nationalized bank of India you will have to clear its respective entrance examination such as SBI bank clerk examination or IBPS bank clerk examination.

--> For appearing in the same examinations you are required to have the qualifications mentioned below ?:-

* You must have the nationality of India with your age lying within 20 years to 28 years in case you belong to general category as age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have completed or pursuing the final year of your bachelor degree course in any discipline from a recognized university.

* You must have the knowledge of working on computer as the banking works are computer based along with good communication skills.

Since you are interested for joining banking sector then you can also look for the post of bank probationary officer for which the qualifications required are same as that for bank clerk except the age limit which is 21 years to 30 years in this case.

For further details and updates about the examination mentioned you can log on to the link www.ibps.in and www.sbiexam.com.
28th June 2016, 10:04 PM
pabolu srivalli

Thumbs up Re: How can I become a Bank Clerk after completion of B.Com?

As you are in your 2nd year of B.Com course,you need to complete your B.com or should be in your finale year of B.Com in order to appear for Banking examinations,Private sector banks will be conduct the recruitment separately by each bank and for public sector the recruitment is conducted through the IBPS examination.

If you wish to appear for the Banking career in Clerical cadre there are certain eligibility conditions which needs to be followed such as
  • Should have completed your B.Com or should be in finale year of your graduation
  • Should have attained 18 years and not exceed 28 years of age limit.
  • Should belong to the Citizen of India only.

These are the minimum eligibility conditions in order to appear for the Clerical cadre selection.

After satisfying these eligibility conditions you can appear for the Clerical cadre in IBPS or any private sector banks.

So first complete your B.Com or in finale year of your B.Com you can appear for the Banking sector examinations.
28th June 2016, 10:48 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Yes. After completion of your bachelor's degree , You are eligible to apply for Bank Clerk exam.

Bank Clerk Exam Eligibility
- You must have passed bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
- Your age should be between 20 to 28 years of the examination year.

Selection
- Preliminary Exam
- Main Exam
- Interview

Bank Clerk Exam Syllabus
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Reasoning
- English
- Financial Awareness
- Computer Awareness

SBI Clerk Important Dates
- Starting of Registration : 05/05/2016
- Last Date of Registration : 25/04/2016
- SBI Clerk Preliminary Exam : 22th May to 3rd June , 2016
- Preliminary Exam Result : 16/06/2016
- SBI Clerk Main Exam : 25th & 26th June , 2016
- SBI Clerk Main Exam : July , 2016

IBPS Clerk Important Dates
- Registration Process Starts : August , 2016
- Last Date of Registration : September , 2016
- IBPS Preliminary Exam : November/December , 2016
- IBPS Main Exam : December Ending , 2016
28th June 2016, 10:51 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, after completion of your Bachelor of Commerce course you are eligible for recruitment as Clerk.

The eligibility to appear for various banking entrance examination is that the candidates must have passed bachelor degree from any recognised university in any discipline. The age limit varies for different entrance examination.

So, you can appear for examination and after qualifying in the written and interview stage eligible for final recruitment for jobs as a Clerk. For more information about examination visit at www.ibps.in or www.sbi.co.in.
29th June 2016, 12:01 AM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility to become a bank clerk after completion of B.Com :-

After completing graduation in commerce you can apply for the post of PO / MT and clerk in various banks in India

Eligibility:-

The candidate who have passed 12th with 60% marks are eligible for clerical post available in various banks

The minimum age limit for clerical post is 18 years and maximum age limit is 28 years.
29th June 2016, 01:01 AM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can become bank clerk after completion of B.com.

Bank Clerk Eligibility Criteria:

candidate should be citizen of India.

You must complete the Graduation from any recognised university with any stream.

No need of percentage for this exam. Just pass the graduation.

Final year pursuing candidates are eligible for this exam.

Candidate minimum age limit is above 20 years.
Candidate minimum age limit is below 28 years.
Upper age relaxation applicable.
3 years upper age relaxation for OBC candidates.
5 years upper age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.
10 years upper age relaxation for Physicall handicapped candidates.

Selection Process:

Written Test
Interview
29th June 2016, 01:15 AM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

To join as a Bank Clerk firstly you need to complete graduation then only you will be eligible to write entrance test.
Eligibility criteria:-
Candidate must be a holder of graduation degree from any of the recognized university.
Candidate age should not exceed 30 years and not less than 21 years.
For clerk maximum age should be 28 years.
29th June 2016, 04:38 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Bank Clerk is a person who is employed by bank to deal with customers transactions and undertake administrative duties. Every year many banks like SBI recruits hundreds of clerks and IBPS also conducts Bank Clerk examination.

To become a Bank Clerk after completion of your B.Com course, you should have to appear in Clerk examination which is conducted by IBPS or any other banks. To appear in Bank Clerk examination, you have to satisfy the eligibility criteria mentioned below :_

=> Educational Qualification :-
You should have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a Government recognised university.

=> Age Limit :-
You should not be below 20 years and above 28 years. Relaxation in upper age limit is provided to reserved category candidates as per government norms.

Selection Procedure :-
1. Written Examination
2. Document Verification and Interview

If you clear all the rounds of the Bank Clerk recruitment process, you will be offered a job as a clerk in the Bank and you will be a Bank Clerk.
30th June 2016, 04:57 PM
anuradha1985

Yes,definitely you can get job in banking sector as clerk even when you will complete your b.com you are eligible for bank po .

Eligibility criteria for bank clerk:-(SBI)
Candidate should have graduation degree from recognized university
Age should be in between 20 to 28 years.

Exam pattern:-
Prelims-
Mains
Interview
5th June 2017, 11:44 PM
Unregistered

I want to become a bank clerk is it important to study m.com I've completed my graduation this month??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?