4th May 2012, 02:29 AM
Unregistered

How can I be eligible for GATE after completing diploma in E&TC and PGDBM?

i am completed my diploma in e & tc & also pgdbm so how can i eligible for gate

4th May 2012, 01:56 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I be eligible for GATE after completing diploma in E&TC and PGDBM?

you have completed your diplomaand want to clear GATE exam .
i want to tell you that the minimum qulification for GATE is that you should have atleast bachlor degree in engineering.

Eligibility Criteria for GATE Examination
:

The following categories of candidates are eligible to appear for GATE exam:

1. Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final year of such programs.

2.Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering/Technology/Architecture (Post-B.Sc./Post-Diploma) and those who are in the final year of such programs.

3. Master's degree holders in any branch of Science/Mathematics/ Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programs.

4. Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master's degree program (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology.

5.Candidates in the fourth or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master's degree program or Dual Degree program in Engineering/Technology.

6.Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE.

thank you
4th May 2012, 09:45 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I be eligible for GATE after completing diploma in E&TC and PGDBM?

PGDBM (Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management) is not at all at par to
MBA or equivalent degree.
PGDBM degree is confused with PGDM course of IIMs but they are not at all same.

As a matter of fact, to become eligible for GATE, one should be a graduate of
engineering/technology/architecture
or a post graduate degree holder of science/statistics/computer applications.

You have not finished your graduation in engineering or PG in science, so you
can't apply for GATE examination.

If you want to study further then you should better go for B.Tech.
As you are already a diploma holder so you can apply for admission in engineering
colleges through lateral entry.
Not all but a good no. of colleges do offer lateral entry i.e. direct admission to second
year of B.Tech.

For this, separate entrance exams are conducted in every state by state technical
education board.

Other private universities that conduct entrance test for lateral entry are
Indraprastha University, New Delhi
Kalinga University, Orissa
Manipal University, Manipal
SLIET Punjab
Thapar University, Patiala
4th May 2012, 11:05 PM
aryan.jazz

is itm, banglore a good collge for mba????
pls rply
18th August 2012, 10:15 AM
Unregistered

I am diploma holder studying in engg final year, can i eligible for taking gate exam?
9th November 2012, 03:50 PM
Unregistered

i complite my diploma in electronics & telecommunication so what kinds of exams for me.
16th September 2014, 04:00 AM
Unregistered

can a degree from KSOU i.e. Karnataka State Open University which is a correspondence course eligible for applying i
for GATE.?
19th November 2014, 08:19 PM
Unregistered

i down B.sc 3years course ( electronic & communication science) and now i am doing PGDM. i will be eligible for GATE.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?