20th August 2013, 04:24 PM
Unregistered

How can I enter into Railways? I am studying B.Tech civil engineering

I am studying B.Tech civil engineering please tell me how can I enter into railways...........
and what are the posts and please tell me the syllabus????????

27th August 2015, 08:16 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I enter into Railways? I am studying B.Tech civil engineering

To join Indian Railways you will have to clear railway recruitment board examination held by Ministry of Indian Railways once every year.

Once you enter the final year of your bachelor of technology degree you will have the option for becoming Junior engineer as well as Senior engineer in the Indian Railways.

The eligibility required for applying for different posts are as here under :-

--> For Junior Engineer:-

* You must have the nationality of India with age lying within 18 years to 32 years. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the norms.

* You must have a minimum diploma of engineering degree from a recognized university.

--> For Senior Engineer :-

* You must have the nationality of India with age lying in between 20 years to 34 years. Age relaxation is provided to reserved category applicants as per the government norms.

* You must have bachelor of engineering/technology degree from a recognized university.

Also the same examination is held in three stages which are Preliminary test, Mains & Medical and Personal interview all held in mentioned order.

For further queries about the same examination you must log on to the link www.rrcb.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?