8th August 2010, 11:08 PM
ank4ver

How to enter into indian railways for electrical engineering students?

i am a student of electrical engg. i want to ask how will i enter into indian railways ?

9th August 2010, 01:27 PM
jainlove

Default Re: How to enter into indian railways for electrical engineering students?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank4ver View Post
i am a student of electrical engg. i want to ask how will i enter into indian railways ?
you can give IES exam indian engineering service through which you can go to any government service of india for an engineer.
check for IES.
9th August 2010, 03:37 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

Default Re: How to enter into indian railways for electrical engineering students?

HI!

In Indian Railway technical department recruitments are done through Competitive Exams. These Exams are conducted by Union public service commission (UPSC) and Railway Recruitment Board (RRB).

You can join Indian railway as a Group A officer which is recruited by UPSC through:

Combined Engineering Service for Indian Railway Service of Engineers (IRSE)
Indian Railway Service of Electrical Engineers (IRSEE)

Engineers selected through the Combined Engineering Services Examination are appointed to various posts in governmental organizations like the Indian Railways, Central Engineering Service, Survey of India, Indian Ordnance Factories Service (Engineering Branch), Military Engineer Services, Indian Telecommunication Service, Central Power Engineering Service, Central Water Engineering Service etc.

The eligibility for the exam is:

Age limit: A candidate for this examination must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years. Age relaxation is provided in special cases.

Educational qualification: Degree in engineering from a recognised university.
9th August 2010, 04:05 PM
ravi k
Senior Member+

dear frnd,if you are an electrical engg graduate , then you can join indian railways after passing ies exams(it is mentioned that you have to get good air rank for indian railways) which is conducted by upsc every year...
all d best..
9th August 2010, 08:11 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Railway recruitment board conducts exam for the post of Asst Engineer, Deputy Engineer, Engineer and Section Engineer for Electrical, Mechanical and civil engineers.
You can apply once RRB notify about the vacancies.
You can get to know about the current vacancies at RRB's official website or employment news' website.
Visit
http://www.rrcb.gov.in/
http://www.employmentnews.gov.in/
also you can enter indian railway through IES which s conducted by UPSC.
10th August 2010, 05:30 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility to enter Indian railways is graduation from any recognized University. Your age should be minimum 21 years and not more than 30 years. Candidates have to appear for Combined Engineering Service exam which is conducted by UPSC.
11th August 2010, 04:28 PM
Unregistered

iam working as junior engineer in indian railway but i have completed my BE(EEE).there is any way to enter into officer grade in railways.plz tell me how to apply for combined Engineering Service exam
15th August 2010, 01:38 PM
parhitoshika
Senior Member+

there is ies exam,syllabus of which is as folllows:
Electric Circuits and Fields: Network graph, KCL, KVL, node and mesh analysis, transient response of dc and ac networks; sinusoidal steady-state analysis, resonance, basic filter concepts; ideal current and voltage sources, Thevenin’s, Norton’s and Superposition and Maximum Power Transfer theorems, two-port networks, three phase circuits; Gauss Theorem, electric field and potential due to point, line, plane and spherical charge distributions; Ampere’s and Biot-Savart’s laws; inductance; dielectrics; capacitance.
15th August 2010, 04:34 PM
Unregistered

iam doing my electrical engineering.i want to prepare for ies exam.i want to know which is the best book for my preparation.
24th August 2010, 02:00 AM
Unregistered

how to enter into indian railways for mechanical engineering students ?
1st September 2010, 12:34 AM
August
Senior Member+

dear friend

you can enter in indian railway through various entry scheme:

1.you have to face IES exam conducted by UPSC

2.Combined Engineering Service for Indian Railway Service of Engineers (IRSE)

Best of luck
25th September 2010, 01:45 AM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

hi friend,

You can enter in Indian Railways through its centralized recruitment notice ,inviting applications from eligible candidates for the posts of Section Engineers and Junior Engineers. For both post electrical engineers are eligible and may apply according to the advertisement.
The another way to get into railway is IES exam through which you may get :
Indian Railway Service of Electrical Engineers
Indian Railway Stores Service (Electrical Engineering Posts)
Central Electrical -& Mechanical Engineering Service (Electrical Engineering Posts) in Indian railway.
However indian railways also conducts Indian Railway Service of Engineers (IRSE), Indian Railway Service of Electrical Engineers (IRSEE), Indian Railway Services of Signal Engineers (IRSSE) and Indian Railway Store Service (IRSS)
examination.
RRB also recruits also in technical cadre.
25th September 2010, 10:56 PM
subhash1206

You can get to know about the current vacancies at RRB's official website or employment news' website.
Visit
log on this link
26th September 2010, 05:02 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

there are so many examination to enter into indian railway for electrical engineering student. whenever there will be a notification of recruitment in railway you will get all the details on leading newspaper or in the website. visit www.freshersworld.com to get the recruitment notification. best wishes.
26th September 2010, 05:40 PM
meeria

dear friend

In Indian Railway technical department are done through Competitive Exams. These Exams are conducted by Union public service commission (UPSC) and Railway Recruitment Board (RRB).

You can join Indian railway as a Group A officer which is recruited by UPSC through:

Age limit: A candidate must have attained age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years.

Educational qualification: BE/B.tech

have a good day
26th September 2010, 10:47 PM
Unregistered

no. of seats in scra.
27th September 2010, 12:33 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

you can appear in the railway exam after your btech course.

you can prepare for indian railways exam in two ways.

1.through self study.

2.through coaching.

you may take coaching in the giiven below coaching centre

it will be better if you practice prvious year question papers.

all the best............
27th September 2010, 12:42 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

you can appear in the railway exam after your btech course.

you can prepare for indian railways exam in two ways.

1.through self study.

2.through coaching.

it will be better if you practice prvious year question papers.

all the best............
27th September 2010, 07:59 PM
nuzhat fathima

hi friend,keep searching the web or see the website daily you will get to know about the jobs
27th September 2010, 08:07 PM
teeks
Senior Member+

Quote:
you can find at the
27th September 2010, 09:23 PM
poplu13
Senior Member+

well basically to enter in indian railways you need to qualify upsc exam....such as one way is to clear SCRA...i.e. special class railway apperentice exam.....for more details please follow the link...http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck !!
27th September 2010, 10:13 PM
vinodhs

for getting electical engineering technical datas like pdf format which website i have to go?
4th October 2010, 08:20 PM
Unregistered

im studying final year in EEE branch, im interest 2 do job in railway side,as it may b A.E. r D.E. , tell me how 2 apply for these jobs?how many once conduct these exams?
10th October 2010, 12:33 PM
chinnii

im studying final year in EEE branch, im interest 2 do job in railway side,as it may b A.E. r D.E. , tell me how 2 apply for these jobs?how many once conduct these exams?
27th October 2010, 03:30 PM
Unregistered

im studentbof 4y eee engineering i want to get job in ur railway board can u help me
4th November 2010, 08:07 AM
Unregistered

i am studying BE EEE i want to know which month issues their requirment in employnment news for IES exam
9th November 2010, 11:20 PM
Unregistered

hi iam studying b.tech final year please tel me syllabus to get railway job? tel me about study material. thank u sir
20th November 2010, 12:52 AM
Unregistered

sir just i want to say that i m final yr student of electrical eng...sir how we crack the railwayexam..and also sir i wana know abt syllabus of section eng..post,junior eng post...how we find syllabous?...thank u sir pls
sir i need your guidence...email...ankitsingh07mail
9th January 2011, 06:59 PM
Unregistered

hi sir...i am doing my EEE final year....may i apply for railway jobs...is there any restriction for final year students
16th January 2011, 12:23 AM
Unregistered

i am working as secton engineer in indian railways.my age is 31 and general category.can i get age relaxation

samir
22nd January 2011, 04:59 PM
Unregistered

i do not have carrier in 12th...is there any way to enter the ralways and serve my country???
31st January 2011, 08:05 PM
Unregistered

Hai
I am doing my BE EEE course in thirupur.
After the BE i want to enter in INDIAN RAILWAY serves.
How can i enter?.
14th February 2011, 08:52 PM
Unregistered

hello sir i am a student of EEE in 4yrs b-tech programme i am interested in railways plz anyone can tell me how many seats are there in ies for railways if anybody has the information about it plz reply me
16th February 2011, 01:20 AM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hello friend,

There are many ways of entering Railways after becoming an Electrical Engineer. You can give many exams like RRB, IES, etc etc....
For that you have to follow the "EMPLOYMENT GADGET" regularly for knowing the vacancies in Railway. So Best Of Luck.

Thank You...........
19th March 2011, 02:50 PM
Unregistered

plz ur requirnments send my contact no 9959853218
23rd March 2011, 10:25 PM
Mayank Shekhar

Dear,
According to me -
In Indian Railway technical department recruitments are done through Competitive Exams. These Exams are conducted by Union public service commission (UPSC) and Railway Recruitment Board (RRB).

Combined Engineering Service for Indian Railway Service of Engineers (IRSE)

Engineers selected through the Combined Engineering Services Examination are appointed to various posts in governmental organizations like the Indian Railways, Central Engineering Service, Survey of India, Indian Ordnance Factories Service (Engineering Branch), Military Engineer Services, Indian Telecommunication Service, Central Power Engineering Service, Central Water Engineering Service etc.

Age limit: A candidate for this examination must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years. Age relaxation is provided in special cases.

Educational qualification: Degree in engineering from a recognised university
Thanks.
All the best.
23rd March 2011, 11:25 PM
SUNNY PRAKASH

there is a exam conducted by UPSC for IES go for it.
You can go to know about the current vacancies at RRB's official website or employment news' website.
Visit
24th March 2011, 01:11 AM
amlendu
Senior Member++

hi,
Railway recruitment board conducts exam for the post of Asst Engineer, Deputy Engineer, Engineer and Section Engineer for Electrical, Mechanical and civil engineers.
You can apply once RRB notify about the vacancies.
Visit
also you can enter indian railway through IES which s conducted by UPSC.
thank
10th April 2011, 03:01 PM
Unregistered

I m a engineering in instrumentation . How can i get a service in indian railways?
27th May 2011, 11:28 PM
Unregistered

can i get previous year ies exam question paper in the internet?
25th June 2011, 11:51 AM

[QUOTE=ank4ver;157521]i am a student of electrical engg. i want to ask how will i enter into indian railways ?
21st July 2011, 06:18 PM
Unregistered

which are preffered for ies
9th September 2011, 09:42 PM
Unregistered

the branch of engineering in which indian railway have must scop?
10th September 2011, 02:42 AM
saugata2008

Of course there are so many opportunities for the electrical engineers in railway.As an Electrical Engineer you can apply for so many posts in railway like -Loco pilot , Station master, service engineer etc.
The exams are based on the subjects like -

1. General awareness
2. Arithmetic
3. General intelligence and reasoning
4. General science
5. technical

you can get the notifications from employment news paper .
You can get those dorms from the nearest bookstalls.

Thank you
22nd September 2011, 10:42 AM
Unregistered

I am a M.E. engineer in E&CE with working experience of more than 15 Yrs in AeroSpace R&D, a govt. organization. I want to join Indian Railways. What are the posts I can apply for and how these posts are filled. Where will I get the information. Also please inform the procedure to apply. I belong to reserved community (SC/ST).

Thank you
1st October 2011, 04:32 PM
Unregistered

i am studying final eee....i want to prepare for ies exam..which book i will prepare?which are the materials i will prepare?
4th October 2011, 09:08 PM
Unregistered

Smile Re: How to enter into indian railways for electrical engineering students?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
iam working as junior engineer in indian railway but i have completed my BE(EEE).there is any way to enter into officer grade in railways.plz tell me how to apply for combined Engineering Service exam
i am ex student and what's the eligibility for get railway exam and what type of question they ask in that
21st October 2011, 10:44 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am Electrical engg.student and I want to know how to apply for section engg.post?
5th November 2011, 01:06 PM
Unregistered

Sir i am ex serviceman. I have 20years expreance in electical field in indian air force.have any job in railway?
3rd February 2012, 01:27 PM
Unregistered

what are the govt in railway as possible high saliry for eee
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?