2nd May 2012, 01:34 AM
Unregistered

How can I join Indian Army force if i am final year electrical engineering?

sir i am a final year electrical engineering student how ca i join the indian army force?

2nd May 2012, 09:37 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join Indian Army force if i am final year electrical engineering?

Indian Army can be joined through CDS and TES

CDS - COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICE exam conducted by UPSC twice every year as CDS-I and CDS-II for entry in to Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer's Training Academy of CDS.

The eligible candidate must be an unmarried Indian male having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam in any stream of education or pass from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 24 years with good Physical Fitness, can apply for Indian Military Academy of CDS.

The selection is through written exam followed by personal interview along with Physical Fitness and Medical Test.

As you are a final year Engineering Graduate you can apply for IMA of CDS.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in

TES - TECHNICAL ENTRY SCHEME, through which engineering Graduates can join Indian Army.

The candidate must be an unmarried Indian male having either appear for or pass the final Graduation Degree in Engineering with at least 60% marks from a recognised University within the age of 20 to 27 years with good Physical and Mental health, is eligible to apply through TES to join Indian Army.

For more information you may log on to http://www.joinindianarmy.in
2nd May 2012, 11:17 AM
climber
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: How can I join Indian Army force if i am final year electrical engineering?

Dear friend,
Now you are eligible to apply for this examination because you are in final year .you can apply for various examination or finishing your electrical engineering.Lets see what are the entrance examination are available for the Indian army.I am list out the below different entrance exams for Indian army.
  • Combined Defence Service
  • University Entry Scheme
  • Short Service Commission
  • NCC Entry scheme
Combined Defence Service:
This examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission
every year and this time examination was already completed.so waiting for the Next notification of the examination.Recruitment for military academy,airforce,naval academy and officer training service.

I.M.A/O.T.A:

you have to finished degree from a recognized university or deemed university or equivallent qualification and final semister of degree can also apply for this examination.There is no minimum marks required for thiss examination .Graduation is enough to appear for this examination and the candiate age should between 19-25 years at the time of appearing for this examinationj.there is no relaxation for this examination.

-->>pre-final year of degree course can not apply for this examination.

C.D.S exam pattern:
  1. english-100 marks
  2. General knowledge-100 marks
  3. Elementary Mathematics-100 marks

University Entry Scheme:
You have passedd to engineering from a recognized university or equivallent qualification and final year/pre-final year of degree can also apply for this examination .there is no minimum marks required for this examination and the candiate age should be between 19-25 years at the time of appeaeing of the examination .there is no relaxation for this examination .Unmarried male candiates are eligible to apply for this examination.
-->>Notification will be published in the month of may in the employement news/official website of Army.

Short Service Commission:
You have to completed engineering degree in notified decipline from a recognized university or equivallent qualification and final year of degree course can also eligible to apply for this examination.the candiate age should be 20-27 years at the time of appearing for this examination.there is no relaxation for this examination.unmarried /married candiates are eligible to apply for this examination.the examination was conducted twice i a year.

NCC Entry Scheme:
You should must have to passed degree from a recognized university and candiate must secure atleast 55% marks in their examination.the candiate age should be 19-25 yearsat the time of appearing for this examination.The candiate must have a NCC senior division certificate
-->>notification will be published in the month of june/Dec in the employement news.

wish you all the best................
2nd May 2012, 11:27 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join Indian Army force if i am final year electrical engineering?

Since you are in the final year you will need to apply through the university entry scheme. The conditions you need to fulfill for the same include that you should not be married. Also you should not be over 25 years of age. This scheme is available only for males. The notification should be out in May.
2nd May 2012, 02:17 PM
Unregistered

sir i am third year mechanical engg how can i join indian army
3rd May 2012, 01:36 PM
Unregistered

i'm a mining mining engineer , curretly studyin m.tech . Is there any scope for me in indian military ?
8th May 2012, 08:54 PM
Unregistered

only 10th passed person how do join army
20th May 2012, 02:32 PM
romi_bal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir i am a final year electrical engineering student how ca i join the indian army force?
Quote:
Since you are a graduate you can apply for Indian Army through CDSE i.e. Common Defense Service Examination conducted twice by UPSC every year
Eligibility Criteria for I.M.A :-

Age should be between 19 years and 24 years and only unmarried male candidates are eligible.
Graduation in any desire subject from any recognized university or equivalent qualification.
Candidates who are appearing in the final year of degree course can also apply for this examination

Physical Requirements :

>> You must be in good physical and mental health and free from anydisease
>> The minimum acceptable height for male candidates is 157.5 cms.
>> For Women candidates minimum acceptable height is 152 cms.
>> You should be able to read 6/6 in a distant vision chart with each eyewith or without glasses
>> Myopia should not be more than 3.5D and hypermetropia not more than3.5D including Astigmatism.

Exam pattern:

a) For IMA, Naval Academy & Air-force Academy
1. English 100 marks
2. General Knowledge 100 marks
3. Elementary Mathematics 100 marks
Total 300 marks
b) For officers training Academy
1. English 100 marks
2. General Knowledge 100 marks
Total 200 marks

For more information related to CDSE view attached brochure.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cds.pdf(125.1 KB, 302 views)
2nd July 2012, 11:52 AM
Unregistered

what are the scope of pharmacy in indian army force
7th December 2012, 11:20 AM
Unregistered

sir..being an engineer i applied through cdse (OTA) n hav cleared ssb also..i wanted to know is dere any difference in position through tgc or cdse for engineering graduate...??
please do reply...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?