12th March 2012, 10:40 PM
Unregistered

How can I opt for B.E Architecture without IT?

i forgot to apply for aieee... how can i opt for b.e.arch without it... please help me...

4th October 2012, 07:51 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I opt for B.E Architecture without IT?

All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE) is a very popular exam that is accepted across various universities in India including the NIT. But it is not the only Engineering entrance exam. There are various other entrance exams that you can opt for.

The other popular entrance exam for Engineering in IIT-JEE. As you may know that Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) are the best Engineering college in the country. For admission in IIT, candidates are required to appear for Joint Entrance Examination or IIT-JEE. You can consider appearing for this exam.

Then there are various state level entrance exams called SLEEE which means State Level Engineering Entrance Examination. Each state conducts such entrance exam. You can appear for the entrance exam in your state but there is not much option to appear for exam in other state. These exams have some rules which only allows candidate from the particular state to appear for the exam.

These are some of the options for you. If you have missed the dates for all these exams then you can seek admission through the management quota. There are two options here. If you have scored 95+ percent marks in 12th, then several Engineering college would give you direct admission. However if your percentage is not that good then you will have to seek admission by offering donation. The choice is yours.

The other option is to apply for Engineering exam next year. From next year government has decided to scrap exams like AIEEE and IIT-JEE. In place of these exams government with introduce ISEET.

You will have to appear for ISEET in 2013 if interested in admission. The exam would be accepted by IITs and the NITs. It is soon expected to replace all the Engineering exams in the country. However as for now some states like Uttar Pradesh has reservation against the exam while other states like Gujarat has agreed to join ISEET.

At best it would take at least 2-3 years before the idea of one nation, one exam would become reality. Till then you can continue to appear in state entrance exams for Engineering or for ISEET.

Eligibility for ISEET

1. Must have completed 12th with PCM as the subjects.

2. At least 40 percent marks in 12th standard.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?