10th August 2013, 11:39 PM
Navu josan

How can I prepare for commercial pilot test? I am pursuing B.Tech in ECE

Hello sir,

I am nav pursuing b.tech in ECE (final year student). I want to become commercial pilot. So plz can u tell me the whole procedure, syllabus for commercial pilot entrance test.

Thanx

7th June 2017, 01:11 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I prepare for commercial pilot test? I am pursuing B.Tech in ECE

To become a pilot, you need to join in flying schools. For joining you need to fulfil the mentioned criteria.

Eligibility criteria:
- The eligibility to become a pilot is only 10+2 in physics, chemistry and maths as their main subjects and the percentage you need is 50%.
- You need to physically fit, should not have any diseases and the eye sight should be very clear.
- You also need to get healthy and fitness certificate given by DGCA (for the test details check their official website).
- There is no upper age limit (based on some private air lines it is 34) for getting license and the minimum age limit is 16 years.
- The height will vary based on airline companies (5.4", 5.2", 6.3", etc) and the weight should be proportional to height.

After fulfilling the criteria you need to attend the test conducted by the flying schools and join for training.
There is an entrance test named IGRUA CPL (Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Uran Academy Commercial Pilot License) through which the pilot academy take admissions based on the merit list of the exam.
The candidate who have qualified in the exam need to attend the interview/ pilot aptitude round to get the college admission.

The entrance exam will be an objective type paper. The duration of the exam is 2 hours. No negative marking is there for the exam.

The syllabus includes Mathematics, Physics, General English, Reasoning.
The below mentioned are some of the topics which they ask in the entrance test.

Mathematics: Probability, algebra, coordinate geometry, calculus, trigonometry, sets, relations, functions, circles and vector algebra.

Physics: Wave optics, current electricity, magnetism and matters, atoms, law of motion, work, energy, power, friction, thermodynamics, vectors, waves, kinetic theory, sound, circuits, gravitation, oscillations and communication systems.

General English: Synonyms, passages & sentence completion, identification of error, spelling check, reading comprehensive, para jumble and vocabulary.

Reasoning: Assertion & reason, alphabet & numbers, series test, mathematical operations, decision making, cause & effect, coded inequalities, blood relations, odd one out, input & output arrangements, seating arrangement and time sequence test.

The fee structure for the training including license is around INR 20-25 Lakhs. Some banks provide loan upto 50%.

After the completion of training you need to attend the test based on your performance you'll be given license (SPL, PPL, CPL, ATPL) and based on license you'll be recruited by air line companies as trainee.
1st October 2020, 11:38 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: How can I prepare for commercial pilot test? I am pursuing B.Tech in ECE

To become an comercial pilot in maths what is important
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?