31st July 2012, 01:10 AM
sai samarpan sahu

How can I prepare for IIT JEE to get into M.Tech?

how can i preapered to get iit in m-tech,whan i am in b-tech

31st July 2012, 12:11 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I prepare for IIT JEE to get into M.Tech?

One thing you should always keep in mind is that getting admission in IIT is not a piece of cake. It is very difficult job and it would require hard work to get admission in IIT for B.Tech or the M.Tech course.

Getting admission in IIT for M.Tech course is dream of lakhs of engineering students in India. This makes it a tough job to get your dream IIT college. The IITs offer very few seats for the M.Tech comparing to the candidates who are preparing for it. No matter how good is your score in GATE, there is always a fear to lose out since someone out there has scored better than you.

As you are completing B.Tech course and want tips for M.Tech admission in IITs. I am giving you some advice which you should follow.

1. Let's start with the basic. You need to score at least 60 percent marks in B.Tech to be eligible for M.Tech course from IITs. Therefore do not lose focus from B.Tech while preparing for the M.Tech.

2. Now second more important thing is GATE exam. You will have to appear in GATE exam and pass it with flying colors. A good GATE score or All India Score would strengthen your chances of living the dream.

3. Even after giving GATE exam, you should be prepared for another written exam that would be conducted by the IIT. Make sure you are fully prepared for written exam related to your core subject.

4. Remember that a good GATE score does not guerantee anything. You may score good but still lose out especially in very competitive streams like Computers, Electronics and Electrical Engineering.

5. Make sure you apply to all the IITs and do get overconfident of admission because of good B.Tech and GATE score. You may have done well but there are hundreds of people out there who have also performed well.

6. Once you apply in various IITs for M.Tech course, you will have to wait for the call from IIT for interview and exam.

7. You should prepare hard for the written exam which would be related to your core subject. Beware that written exam for IIT admission is not similar to GATE.

8. Interview is also very important. A lot of students do well in B.Tech, GATE, written exam but fails to perform well in the interview. Remain confident and answer each question with full confidence.

9. There is a good chance that despite all the efforts you may not get admission for the course of your choice. In that case you can apply for other courses from IIT that offer seats easily.

10. IIT is not the end of the world. There are several other good Engineering institutes in India. So if you fail to crack IIT, don't lose hope and look for admission in good alternatives.
31st July 2012, 04:42 PM
BISWAROOP YOGI
Senior Member++

> How to Prepare for IIT-JEE :-
>> You can get into top IIT Colleges for M.Tech after cracking IIT JEE with a good rank and score. MBA M.Tech (5 years) is the best course for a aspirant in an IIT College to have a good future scope.
> Steps to prepare for IIT JEE :~
1.> Believe in Yourself :-
The first step and the most important step in your preparation and your journey into one of the IITs is the belief in yourself that you have it in you to realise the dream. You cannot reach far if you will think that getting into an IIT is too tough. So, have belief in yourself.
2.> You must convince yourself that the aspirants who enter into an IIT every year are much like you and me in every respect. They also like listening to rock music or hanging out with friends. If they can do it, Why not you ?
3.> Learn Time Management :-
A very crucial issue facing IIT JEE aspirants like you is the problem of time management. Manage your time well. Give proper importance to all the three subjects i.e. (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics).
4.> Find out what you need for studying :-
There is no particular number of hours that you must put in everyday for studying. But one very important thing is to be regular and consistently follow your daily time-table. Also, make sure that you revise and practice regularly.
5.> Study :-
Now you need a proper study material which can guide you in the subjects. Lot of study material is available in the market for the JEE, including numerous books (both good and bad) and study material of various institutes. You must choose a good study material to stick to it. Switching from one book to another will definately harm your preparation. So, first complete your one study material and then switch on to another.
6.> Inspiration :-
There are many students who are not interested in studies. They only want to spend their time in playing and in other recreations. So, it is very important to take inspirations from your teacher, parents and other guidance.
7.> Motivation :-
Motivation plays a very important role in the preparation of any examination. Parents and teaches helps a lot in motivating a student. So, think positive and be motivated.
8.> Preserve :
At the end, the key to success is preservance. Be calm and patient. You need not panic on the day of the examination and give your absolute best on the IIT JEE Examination.
> Also, try solving study materials, model papers, previous year question papers, sample papers and magazines questions to have a good effect over your JEE score.
> Have a good preparation. All the Best.
31st July 2012, 05:06 PM
Benduluri

I will advise to you always revise the material after coming back from school or tution ,it won't take much time but it will help a lot to remember things for long time,when a student make a base for the future divide your time for physics,chemistry,maths to your self and practice a lot

I will suggest you to join some coaching from the coaching you get the direction and proper guideline

**All the best**
31st July 2012, 10:55 PM
guri kaur
Senior Member+

Hi.....!!!

-->i will advice you to revise the whole wor daily after coming back from school or college or tution.

-->it would not take much time but it will help ypu alot to remember things for long time,when a student make a base for the future divide your time for physics ,chemistry and maths.

-->do practice alot of numericals etc

-->you can also join some coaching centres that will provide you proper guiding.

All the best...go ahead!!!
2nd August 2012, 11:52 AM
Unregistered

list of top institues in india offering M.Tech in metallurgical engineering or metallurgy & material science engineering
7th September 2012, 06:04 PM
Unregistered

I am a class 12th ISEET / IIT-JEE 2013 aspirant and was looking for a Mathematics preparation course for 2013 Exams and found one at wiziq : http://www.wiziq.com/course/2572-mathematics-preparation-for-iit-jee-and-aieee
Please help me by reviewing the ISEET / IIT-JEE 2013 preparation course, so that I may join this course.
8th September 2012, 05:15 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend,

IIT-JEE is an engineering entrance exam that is conducted jointly by IITs every year for admission to IITs.

For pursuing degree of M.Tech, you must do B.Tech first of all.

If you want to do B.Tech from IIT, then you must crack IIT-JEE exam which is compulsory for getting admission in IITs.

For preparing IIT-JEE exam, you really need hard work from your side.
You must keep following points in your mind while starting preparation for IIT-JEE exam.

Time Management
Giving Equal time to all subjects and managing regular activities.

Good Reference Books
You must refer good reference books like TMH Publications, Arihant Publications, B.R.B. Publications, etc.

Coaching Institutes
Coaching Institutes can help you a lot if you join them for preparing IIT-JEE exam.

Punctuality towards studies
You must be punctual and sincere towards your studies.
23rd September 2012, 11:05 PM
Unregistered

sir, i am b.tech ist year student studying in a college which has got only a name but i want to be an iit'an so need to b guidedplease help me in acheiving my dream
i have selected electrical engg. as my trade
thanx
23rd September 2012, 11:59 PM
ukp92

Actually you don't need to appear for the JEE exam to get admission into M.Tech, it is for M.Tech but still you have to prepare for GATE exam organized by IIT's every year for giving admissions into the M.Tech programs. You need to focus on your trade and work hard to get admission into M.Tech. Some departments in some IIT's also take interviews to take the admissions after the written examinations. Therefore you need to prepare for that interview as well.
Hope it helped you.
Post for further confusions....
18th January 2013, 10:22 PM
Unregistered

From which point i can start my study for Gate.....??
30th April 2013, 02:06 PM
Unregistered

is any other upper age limit to join in MTECH
We can join in any age
?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?