9th June 2012, 11:42 PM
abyess

How can I study in commerce(B.Com) after completing 12th in science stream?

I had completed 12th in science stream so now can i study in commerce(B.com)?

10th June 2012, 10:09 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I study in commerce(B.Com) after completing 12th in science stream?

Yes switching over to the commerce stream is an option available. Admission normally is based on merit. Some of the universities conduct entrance exams for these candidates. It would be advisable for you understand the basic concepts in the accounts subject before the course commences. You must practise the 12th standard problems before studying graduation syllabus.
10th June 2012, 11:44 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I study in commerce(B.Com) after completing 12th in science stream?

Having completed 12th class in Science stream, I don't think its a good choice for you to opt B.Com course.

The subject knowledge that you gained in your 12th class will nowhere be useful if you opt for B.Com course.

But if you have profound interest to opt for B.Com course, you can opt for the same and if you don't want to continue your higher studies in Science stream.

In many of the institutions, direct admission will be given for B.Com course.

One should have to score a minimum of 50% of marks in your 12th class to get admission for this course.

However, in some colleges, the admission for this course will be given on merit basis.

Merit in the sense the percentage of marks that you scored in your 10+2.

Try to put your best efforts in the B.Com course to gain subject knowledge.

Soon after the completion of B.Com course, I suggest you to opt for MBA course at your Post Graduation level.

MBA candidates are having number of job opportunities in variety of business sectors like
-Banking sector
-Insurance sector
-FMCG sector
-Telecom sector
-Asset Management Industry etc.

Try to make most out of the course whichever you join and have a fruitful career.

Wish you all the best.
10th June 2012, 12:14 PM
akkikaware

Hello friend,
you completed your 12th class in Science .
hey friend think it is not good choice for you that you doin B.Com
course.
But you want to do Then subject knowledge that you gained in your
12th class will now here be very useful if you opt for
B.Com course. .
10th June 2012, 12:40 PM
hemant.pm2212

Quote:
Originally Posted by abyess View Post
I had completed 12th in science stream so now can i study in commerce(B.com)?
Kindly tell more about the reason for taking interest in it. There are many cases where students takes commerce after doing +2 in science. The reason may be, not scoring good marks in +2 for getting admission in good college with good subject or despite having good marks students may find interest in commerce for doing management in future. If you opt for commerce in graduation then you might face problem in understanding commerce subjects as which usually get taught in +2 level. However, there is no hard and fast rule that you will not succeed in it. You can. There are many engineers succeeding in commerce and management field.
If you want to take admission in Bcom then you have to find out minimum eligibility conditions for BCom. Like few college insist on taking student who have studied commerce in +2 and some don't.

I am giving you few example of BCom admission;

Goenka College of Commerce and Business Administration, Kolkata
Minimum marks in +2 exam for eligibile BCom (H):
(a) For General Category: 65% in aggregate and 60% in any of the subjects mentioned below :- (*Subjects: Accountancy, Business Economics including Mathematics, Business Organization, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Business Mathematics, Secretarial practice and Office Procedure, Financial Accountancy, Elements of Cost Accountancy and Auditing, Book Keeping, Commerce, Cost Accounting and Principles of Management)

(b) For SC/ST Category: 50% in aggregate and 45% in any of the subjects mentioned above.

(c) For Physically Handicapped Category: 65% in aggregate and 60% in any of the subjects

St Xavier College, Kolkata

It conduct full time B.COM Honours. Minimum 60% marks is required at +2 level for taking admission in it. Student must have studied English & Maths/B.Maths/B.Eco with Maths (BEBM) at +2.

So, it is clear that for your case, you must have studied English and maths at +2 level then you can be sure of getting admission in BCom.
Best of luck
10th June 2012, 02:17 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

It is not at all advisable to change your stream from Science in 12th to Commerce in Graduation.

If you will change your stream in Graduation then every thing you study in 12th will go astray because Commerce stream is totally different from Science.

But still if what ever may be the cause,if you want to change your stream from Science to Commerce in Graduation, you must have secured good marks in 12th.

Most of the institutions conduct admission to B.Com. on the basis of marks secured in 12th.

You have to put your best effort to gain sufficient knowledge in Commerce subject as it will be quite new for you. A student of Science stream during 12th generally can adopt Commerce subject easily then from other stream.

After B.Com. you should go for MBA course as higher studies or can go for Company Secretary or Cost and Work Accountancy course.
10th June 2012, 03:57 PM
Sayyed Shahrukh

Cool Re: How can I study in commerce(B.Com) after completing 12th in science stream?

HEllo Friends

Having completed 12th class in Science stream, I don't think its a good choice for you to opt B.Com course.

The subject knowledge that you gained in your 12th class will nowhere be useful if you opt for B.Com course.

But if you have profound interest to opt for B.Com course, you can opt for the same and if you don't want to continue your higher studies in Science stream.

One should have to score a minimum of 50% of marks in your 12th class to get admission for this course.

However, in some colleges, the admission for this course will be given on merit basis.

Soon after the completion of B.Com course, I suggest you to opt for MBA course at your Post Graduation level.

MBA candidates are having number of job opportunities in variety of business sectors like
-Banking sector
-Insurance sector
-FMCG sector
-Telecom sector

Thank You!!!!
10th June 2012, 06:53 PM
babusingh rajpurohit
Member+

-Banking sector
-Insurance sector
-FMCG sector
-Telecom sector
6th July 2012, 02:03 PM
Unregistered

IS IT ADVISABLE TO DO B.COM AFTER COMPLETING 10 2 WITH SCIENCE?
21st December 2012, 10:09 AM
Unregistered

if I Tatke commerce stream in College how long it will take to understand the concepts of 12th commerce
4th March 2013, 06:41 PM
Unregistered

i had completed my graduation from commerce stream in mumbai, but now i want to do 12th from science, can i do science?
it is allowed or not ?
that after commerce we can join science or not ?
17th March 2013, 03:34 PM
Unregistered

i am studying computer science in 2 .how can i go for MBA
17th March 2013, 07:08 PM
27kavitag

DEAR FRIENDS

-Banking sector
-Insurance sector
-FMCG sector
-Telecom sector

Try to make most out of the course whichever you join and have a fruitful career.

Wish you all the best.

THANKS
30th March 2013, 04:27 PM
navjotsidhupamal
Senior Member++

My dear friend,

Why you want to go for it after completing 12th with science stream??

As you have completed your 12th with science then you have to continue your career with this stream only because you have base with commerce not with science.

The courses for which you can go are as follows:

Courses after 12th with Commerce:

1.BCA
2.B.Com
3.BBA
4.B.A. (Fashion Communication)
5.B.B.A (Honours)
6.B.B.M (Bachelor of Business Management)
7.B.Com (Honors)
8.B.Com (Professional )
9.B.Com (Financial Accounting)
10.B.Com (Banking & Insurance)
11.B.M.S.
12.B.Sc (Business Computing and Information Systems)
13.BA (Hons) Marketing & Advertising Management
14.Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) - Hotel Management
15.B. Com (Accounting & Finance)- BAF

Courses after 12th with Medical:

1.BAMS
2.BHMS
3.MBBS
4.BDS
5.B.Sc Nursing

Courses after 12th with Non-Medical:

1.B.Sc
2.B.Tech
3.B.E
4.B.Pharma
5.B.Arc
6.B.Sc Honors
7.BBA

As you are totally stick with the science stream so you can not go for commerce stream because you have no knowledge about it.

Thank u!!
2nd April 2013, 02:40 PM
Unregistered

I have written my 2 exams with accountancy, commerce, economics and statistics, now I wanted to study BSc Statistics can you please confirm in this course, how will be my future, and after this what should I study
2nd April 2013, 03:41 PM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

Hello friends………

Yes, You can apply for B.Com after your 12th standard with any group

There is no written tests for entry of B.Com, only 12th pass in any stream.

12th Pass in Commerce stream candidates are allowed and for them this course will be easy other than Science stream students.

Colleges will give you seat in there college according to your percentage in your 12th standard.

You have a very good percentage and you can join directly in any one of the college you like according to college eligibility conditions.

Some top colleges conducts the written test.

After b.com you can join in mba course also.

All the best
9th May 2013, 07:34 PM
Unregistered

how to study CA after finishing 12 th computer science group??
13th May 2013, 05:46 PM
Unregistered

sir, i hav completed my 12th exams n hav written many entrance exams for engineering...d marks in my entrance arent good...what can i do now..???
21st May 2013, 09:37 PM
Unregistered

I have been failed in one subject i want to study engineering after finishing the exam can i get it
6th June 2013, 12:36 PM
Unregistered

I have passed my 12th with science strem but I have scored less then 45 percentage and I WANT TO do BBA will I get admission
29th June 2013, 02:15 PM
Unregistered

my sis s had completed her 12th she has choosen c group wit statics instead of computer science i n 12th..which course wil be better for her
14th June 2014, 11:36 AM
Unregistered

i had passed my 11 and 12 from science faculty and i had scored 60 marks now i want to join commerce but i havent take math in 12.can i choose commerce
3rd December 2014, 07:57 PM
Unregistered

I have one doubt....11th 12th science is passed without maths i.e. PCB group. Is it possible to get admission to B.Com
21st April 2015, 12:41 PM
Unregistered

Iam goutham iam in science stream iam nt intreasted to contunie this field i have to go for bbm field iam totally confuesd pls help me out pls
25th June 2015, 07:32 PM
Unregistered

I am 12 pass with science now am interested to do bcom is fruitful to me in future or i many problems to get job.
23rd September 2016, 02:15 PM
Unregistered

Now I am studying in 12th science but i have to take commerce after my 12th so I need to give cet or cpt
19th March 2020, 02:35 AM
Unregistered

I want to know after doing with science going in commerce is a good option
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?