19th March 2015, 01:30 AM
Unregistered

B.Com or B.A.(Economics) what should I study after completing 12th Science if interested in Economics?

Hi

I'm currently doing my 12th Grade in CBSE in the Science Stream PCMC. I'm really interested in Economics and I am considering leaving Science after 12th. I would like to know what would be a better course for me B.A. Economics or a B.Com. I feel that the B.Com might give me more time to decide what I am interested in. I could also do a ICAI to help safeguard my options.
Thanks!

20th March 2015, 06:34 PM
taherrocks
Senior Member+

Default Re: B.Com or B.A.(Economics) what should I study after completing 12th Science if interested in Economics?

Yes, you can opt for commerce stream in graduation as you want to go for specialization in Economics than it would be beneficial for you to go with B.Com and in 2nd year you can also select Economics as your specialization subject.

Yes you can opt for ICAI (Chartered Accountant) course, as it is a professional course and if you are pursing B.com and also pursuing ICAI then it would be advantageous for you as both are having a similar syllabus plus in future if you go for any job than it would be beneficial for you.
7th July 2015, 07:23 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: B.Com or B.A.(Economics) what should I study after completing 12th Science if interested in Economics?

I had finished my M.Com in 2013 and I want to become a professor in Economics. I want to ask that, can i appeared in MA Economics external directly? Is it worth to pass the interview as per the university norms?..
29th August 2015, 09:22 AM
sumitrahul76

B.com stands for bachelor of commerce and B.A stands for bachelor of arts.
According to me study is all about the interest of students.
Economics is a very interesting subject, even it is the best subject in arts for the students wants to go for buisness and make career in marketing field, with this subject you will able to understand marketing and business strategy, further you can also go for MBA or any master degree after completion of you bachelor degree with economics.

On the other hand ICAI is also a good option to safe your career, you can also choose it to be a charted accountant.

But as your interest in economics is more than that of B.com then you must go for it to secure your career.This will be the best option for you
24th October 2015, 11:01 PM
sumitsingh270596

Among B.com and B.A(Economics) none of them is inferior, both the stream has wide scope in their respective field.
But as you are interested in economics then you should go for that. B.com isn't bad atall there are lot of career choices in it now a days like, you can opt for ICAI to be a charted accountant. You can also prepare for bank p.o andand all that.
On the other hand economics is a very modern subject having a lot of implications in our day to day life. Taking bachelor's degree from economic hons will be a good option. It also has a wide scope in various sectors.
After that you can also take the master's degree from the top institutions like IIM, which will be a great career option for you.
Also, being an economics student you will get a great advantage in civil services examination like Upsc ,SSC etc..
So, according to me and as per your interest I must say, you should go for B.A(economics)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?