25th July 2012, 11:49 PM
sunilnp

How to do any course after engineering? I have completed B.E in ECE

sir, i have completed my BE in ECE, i have to do a course after engineering which course is suitable for me?

26th July 2012, 03:05 AM
ab7777

Default Re: How to do any course after engineering? I have completed B.E in ECE

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilnp View Post
sir, i have completed my BE in ECE, i have to do a course after engineering which course is suitable for me?
hi sunilnp
after completion of your graduation as a B.E student, you have to decide where your interest lies, technical department or management. But as a B.E student you will be expected to continue in the technical field but nevertheless you can go for an mba. following options ahead in detail:

1. If you're interested in the technical field, the better option for you will be to complete your post graduation as an engineer by doing a M.Tech from India or M.S from abroad.This will complement and complete your bachelors engineering degree. This will get you in the technical department completely and your job profile would mostly be application of hard core engineering concepts.

2.if you're interested in management and did not enjoy your B.E much then I would suggest that you complete your MBA. It will open good job prospects as the combination is regarded as a successful one.

You also can do both of them which will give you an edge over the others as you'll be good with management skills and technical skills too. It all depends on your area of interest.
Good luck
26th July 2012, 07:10 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

M.E. should be the next step if you plan to pursue higher studies. Take the gate exam in that case. Other than this you also pursue short term courses in the area you wish to make a career. Courses like embedded systems, VLSI, digital signal processing, industrial automation are some of the options. Along with these qualifications it is important that you have good communication and display good subject knowledge.
26th July 2012, 08:34 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

I must say you have chosen very good stream of Engineering. Electronics and Communication Engineering is one of the best streams in Engineering to get job in several big sectors including the Public Sector Undertakings companies in India.

There are few options in front of you after completing ECE. You can either continue with Engineering and take M.Tech degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering. This is something that I would also recommend you. However is bascially depends on your choice.

The other option as far as I am concerned is Masters in Business Administration (MBA) course. Choose this course only if you are interested in more of managerial role and possess management skills.

Now to do M.Tech you will have to appear in the GATE entrance exam. GATE exam is for the candidates who wish to pursue post graduate course in Engineering. Depending on your performance in the GATE exam you will get admission in a good college.

Even if you do not want to pursue M.Tech, I would still recommend you to appear in the GATE exam. The reason is give below in this answer.

Now if you want to do MBA then you will have to appear in one of the may MBA exams. The two most popular and widely accepted are:

Common Admission Test (CAT)

Management Aptitude Test (MAT)

CAT:-

CAT is the most preferred entrance exam for MBA. The reason being, it is accepted by the leading IIMs in India. To appear for CAT you should have secure 50 percent marks in your BE degree in case of general while 45 percent marks in case of SC/ST.

MAT:-

Management Aptitude Test is also widely accepted across India for MBA admission. The only difference between CAT and MAT exam is that there is no percentage criteria for the Management Aptitude Test. So if you don't meet the eligibility for CAT or failed to make the cut, you can appear in the MAT Exam.

Another good option for you at this stage is to get a job. There are plenty of jobs out there for ECE graduates. If the sole intention of you applying for further studies is getting a good job, then may I suggest that you can get a decent job at this stage. There are plenty of fields open for you to get a job.

TELECOM

One of the fastest growing sectors of India, Telecom is always looking for the Electronics and Communication Engineers. There are plenty of jobs out there is Telecom sector offered by companies like:

Bharti Airtel

MTNL

Vodafone

Idea Cellular

BSNL

Reliance Communication

Aircel

Tata Tele

Public Sector Undertaking

Who does not want to work for PSU? The job security offered in the PSU is the main reason why thousands of B.Tech graduates appear in the written test conducted by each PSU separately for the various jobs. There are basically jobs in every single PSU for the Electronics and Communication Engineers.

BHEL

DRDO

ONGC

IOCL

BEL

HAL

ISRO

Indian Railways

Now coming to the point of appearing in the GATE exam. I asked you to do that particularly for getting job in Public Sector Undertakings. The PSU are giving huge importance to the GATE score these days. A candidate with good GATE rank would be called for direct interview and would no have to give written test.

IT

If Information Technology is your preferred field then congratulations, there are thousands of jobs in this field. Companies like Infosys are always on the hunt for the ECE graduates. In fact Infosys is responsible for more hiring of ECE then any other company. The companies where you may apply for jobs are:

TCS

Microsoft

Infosys

Wipro

HCL

Tech Mahindra

Yahoo

Google

IBM

DELL

Intel

Electronics

Your options do not end there. Electronics which is considered as evergreen field for the ECE graduates is also a wise option for you.

LG

Videocon

Godrej

Samsung
26th July 2012, 09:07 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear..........
As you have completed your B.tech course after this you have many course to do which are as follows.........

M.tech
MBA
MS
PHD

Or you can also go for job in MNC or you can apply for govt. job also in
IES
IAS
IPS
Bank job etc....

For more details see below carrier chart.....

Good luck.........
26th July 2012, 11:10 AM
EDEPHIC
Senior Member+

Now to do M.Tech you will have to appear in the GATE entrance exam. GATE exam is for the candidates who wish to pursue post graduate course in Engineering. Depending on your performance in the GATE exam you will get admission in a good college.

Even if you do not want to pursue M.Tech, I would still recommend you to appear in the GATE exam. The reason is give below in this answer.

Now if you want to do MBA then you will have to appear in one of the may MBA exams. The two most popular and widely accepted are:

CAT is the most preferred entrance exam for MBA. The reason being, it is accepted by the leading IIMs in India. To appear for CAT you should have secure 50 percent marks in your BE degree in case of general while 45 percent marks in case of SC/ST.

Management Aptitude Test is also widely accepted across India for MBA admission. The only difference between CAT and MAT exam is that there is no percentage criteria for the Management Aptitude Test. So if you don't meet the eligibility for CAT or failed to make the cut, you can appear in the MAT Exam.

Another good option for you at this stage is to get a job. There are plenty of jobs out there for ECE graduates. If the sole intention of you applying for further studies is getting a good job, then may I suggest that you can get a decent job at this stage. There are plenty of fields open for you to get a job.

TELECOM

One of the fastest growing sectors of India, Telecom is always looking for the Electronics and Communication Engineers. There are plenty of jobs out there is Telecom sector offered by companies like:

Bharti Airtel

MTNL

Vodafone

Idea Cellular

BSNL

Reliance Communication

Aircel
26th July 2012, 11:16 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
I think it is better if you opt for higher studies because M.Tech is suitable for product based industry where technical skills are required. If you are innovation hungry then pure engineering with M.Tech specialization is a lethal combination.

To pursue M.Tech in Electronics and Communication you have to give GATE or Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

GATE is an All India Examination which is jointly conducted by all the IIT's and IISc.

Every year one of these institutions gets the responsibility of organizing the coordinating the whole programme. For example this year it was the responsibility of IIT, Delhi to see to the whole thing.

But there are certain eligibility criteria which you also have to satisfy to sit for this exam. They are as follows:

~You need to have a bachelor's degree in engineering/technology/architecture(full time course) to sit for this exam. Even final year students are also eligible to give this exam.

~If one has a Master's degree in science, mathematics, statistics, computer applications or equivalent then also he can apply for this exam.

Diploma holders in engineering are not eligible.

There is no age limit for this exam and you can give this exam as mnay times you want.

Since your subject is electronics and mass communication engineering therefore you can easily do your M.Tech on the following subjects:

Electronic Instrumentation
VLSI System Design
Advanced Communication Systems
Signal Processing

GATE Exam Pattern:

GATE Reference Books:

~Higher Engineering Mathematics - Dr. BS Grewal
~Advance Engineering Mathematics - Dr. HK Dass
~Network & System - D Roy & Choudhary
~Engineering Circuit Analysis - Hayt & Kammerly
~Electronic devices and circuit Millman & Halkias
~Integrated Electronics : Analog & Digital Circuit and System - Millman & Halkias
~Micro Electronics Circuit - Sedra & Smith
~Electronic devices and circuit - J.B. Gupta
~Digital Electronics - Morris Mano
~Microprocessor - Ramesh Gaonker
~Signals & System Oppenheim & Schafer
~Modern Control System - Katsuhiko Ogata
~Control System Engg. - Nagrath & Gopal
~Modern & digital communication system - BP Lathi
~Engg Electromagnetics- William Hayt
~Elements of Electromagnetics- Sadiku

Top GATE Coaching Centres:

Made Easy, Delhi
GATE Forum, Delhi
Vani Institute, Pune
Elite Academy, Hyderabad
ACE Academy, Hyderabad
IES, Bangalore
Brilliant Tutorials, Chennai
Career Forum, Mumbai
GIS Academy, Coimbatore
PIE Education Centre, Bhopal
26th July 2012, 06:37 PM
samatha89
Member+

M.Tech is suitable for product based industry where technical skills are required. If you are innovation hungry then pure engineering with M.Tech specialization is a lethal combination.

To pursue M.Tech in Electronics and Communication you have to give GATE or Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

GATE is an All India Examination which is jointly conducted by all the IIT's and IISc.

Every year one of these institutions gets the responsibility of organizing the coordinating the whole programme. For example this year it was the responsibility of IIT, Delhi to see to the whole thing.

But there are certain eligibility criteria which you also have to satisfy to sit for this exam. They are as follows:

~You need to have a bachelor's degree in engineering/technology/architecture(full time course) to sit for this exam. Even final year students are also eligible to give this exam.

~If one has a Master's degree in science, mathematics, statistics, computer applications or equivalent then also he can apply for this exam.

Diploma holders in engineering are not eligible.

There is no age limit for this exam and you can give this exam as mnay times you want.

Since your subject is electronics and mass communication engineering therefore you can easily do your M.Tech on the following subjects:

Electronic Instrumentation
VLSI System Design
Advanced Communication Systems
Signal Processing

GATE Exam Pattern:

GATE Reference Books:

~Higher Engineering Mathematics - Dr. BS Grewal
~Advance Engineering Mathematics - Dr. HK Dass
~Network & System - D Roy & Choudhary
~Engineering Circuit Analysis - Hayt & Kammerly
~Electronic devices and circuit Millman & Halkias
~Integrated Electronics : Analog & Digital Circuit and System - Millman & Halkias
~Micro Electronics Circuit - Sedra & Smith
~Electronic devices and circuit - J.B. Gupta
~Digital Electronics - Morris Mano
~Microprocessor - Ramesh Gaonker
~Signals & System Oppenheim & Schafer
~Modern Control System - Katsuhiko Ogata
~Control System Engg. - Nagrath & Gopal
~Modern & digital communication system - BP Lathi
~Engg Electromagnetics- William Hayt
~Elements of Electromagnetics- Sadiku

Top GATE Coaching Centres:

Made Easy, Delhi
GATE Forum, Delhi
Vani Institute, Pune
Elite Academy, Hyderabad
ACE Academy, Hyderabad
IES, Bangalore
Brilliant Tutorials, Chennai
Career Forum, Mumbai
GIS Academy, Coimbatore
PIE Education Centre, Bhopal
26th July 2012, 08:51 PM
sheelasnj

Electronics and Communication Engineering is one of the best streams in Engineering to get job in several big sectors including the Public Sector Undertakings companies in India.

There are few options in front of you after completing ECE. You can either continue with Engineering and take M.Tech degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering. This is something that I would also recommend you. However is bascially depends on your choice.

The other option as far as I am concerned is Masters in Business Administration (MBA) course. Choose this course only if you are interested in more of managerial role and possess management skills.

TELECOM

Bharti Airtel

MTNL

Vodafone

Idea Cellular

BSNL

Reliance Communication

Aircel
1st August 2012, 10:26 PM
mitesh1995

hello friend....

As you have completed your B.tech course
after this you have many course to do which
are as follows.........

M.tech

MBA

MS

PHD
Or you can also go for job in MNC or you can
apply for govt. job also in

IES

IAS

IPS
Bank job etc....
For more details see below carrier chart.....

Good luck.........
15th August 2012, 12:01 AM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

hi friend,

After completing your graduation in ECE you can go for further study like.

=> MBA
=> M.Tech
=> IES
=> IAS
=> IPS.
11th November 2012, 01:26 PM
Unregistered

i have completed btech(ece) in 2012 with 66%.For which companies i can apply for jobs,pls list them.
3rd January 2013, 04:34 PM
Unregistered

Hi
I have complete lesence technic in topographya and civil engineering.what is next step at your university i would like to be one of your student.
19th March 2013, 02:38 AM
Unregistered

What is the Scope of ece engineering?
19th March 2013, 01:07 PM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

Wink Re: How to do any course after engineering? I have completed B.E in ECE

Quote:
Hello,

There are various courses that you can do, but first of all, think about your interest in future, if you want to go for Jobs or study or even you have a specific set of interest like VLSI, Embedded design, MIcro electronics etc.

>>You can try else for going Industrial Training and Vocational Training course but you should not have any backlog.

>>You can go for Networking courses like CCNA and also useful courses like :-
1.VLSI
2.MICROWAVE
3.NETWORKING
4.CDAC course
5.HARDWARE
6.COMMUNICATION

>>Also ECE students can go for software related courses like:-

JAVA
J2ME
ORACLE
C++
Red Hat Linux

>>Or the best option is that you go for GATE exam and study in IITs or NITs with your concern field of study.

All the best for your future!!
3rd June 2013, 09:01 PM
Unregistered

Many people told me to do special course to get job..what course is tat...i completed Be ECE
7th February 2014, 10:46 PM
Unregistered

sir i m a final year b.e etrx student..
i am apearing for gate but i dont i would get a good score to get admission in iit or nit, can i do my m.tech from private collge .. which collge should i go for..??
29th September 2014, 11:10 AM
Unregistered

Dear Sir,
i could not completed my b.e due to some problem and still have 6 arrears. I am a 2010-2014 batch student from EIE. Hopefully i will clear this semester. will i able to get job in good IT companies? Right now i am very blank about my future and not understanding what to do. So can you suggest me with some valuable tips and i am becoming very aimless
18th August 2015, 01:32 PM
Unregistered

I completed my ECE from Mumbai university in 2015 (this year). I got a drop in my 1 st year. And after that i not even got a single KT and every semester my percentage is above 60% with my final year avg.percentage is 64.38%. I wanted to go in software field. From which courses should I start to get a job quickly.and later on I can keep on adding more language courses in my bag.
Please reply and if possible mail me the reply to my mail I'd:
[email protected]
19th August 2015, 02:25 PM
JSD.

It is good that you have completed your bachelor degree course in engineering sector. You have now two options , either you go for the job or you go for the higher education.

According to most experts you must go for the higher education.You must go For the M.E./M.tech course in same stream in which you have studied your B.E. After completion of your Master degree the value of your will be much better than the just B.E.

So go for the M.E./M.tech course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?