27th July 2012, 12:46 AM
Manish1510

How to do M.Tech after completing B.Tech course? Details about Ph.D?

Sir, i m manish... Now i m studying b.tech in 3rd year(mechanical). i want to do m.tech after completed my b.tech course. I want to know the scope of m.tech upto 2016. I also want the full details of phd... Please sir reply me on my e mail-
[email protected]

27th April 2013, 01:25 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to do M.Tech after completing B.Tech course? Details about Ph.D?

You can join to M.Tech by qualifying GATE. It is possible to attend the test during final year of B.Tech. M.Tech degree offers higher career scope in teaching/industrial sector. After M.Tech, you can try for Ph.D in the concerned subject. Admission to the course is also done through entrance test conducted by the concerned institute/University.
27th April 2013, 07:24 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to do M.Tech after completing B.Tech course? Details about Ph.D?

Dear Friend

As from the third year of bachelor's degree ,your future planning for your career is quite clear ,so you definitely you will get success because of the fact that lots of candidates have no planning or strategy and they just study.

So I will appreciate you for this .

Do not worry ,since your are interested in going for the Master's degree in technology after completion of your bachelor's degree ,so you need to crack the GATE exam .

Now let me discuss about the GATE exam:

GATE stands for the Graduate Aptitude test in Engineering .This entrance examination is conducted once every year by the Indian Institute Technology so as to select the candidates who can pursue their master's degree in technology from the IITs.

Day by day its scope is increasing at a rapid rate ,lots of public sector undertakings like GAIL,BHEL,SIAL,IOCL,NTPC,ONGC etc have set its recruiting criteria that you should have good GATE score .

So you cannot underestimate the importance of GATE exam.

The candidates who have done their bachelor's degree in technology /engineering from a recognized university are eligible for the exam.Also final year candidates can apply for the exam.

There is no upper age limit for the exam also no restriction on no of attempts.

So prepare well and practice more on the objective type questions using your concepts and smart along with hard work is quite necessary for becoming successful in this exam as it is of objective type.

Examination pattern:

P.hd which stands for the Doctor of philosophy ,so after completion of your master's degree in respective specialization ,you can do P.HD also.Various universities conduct entrance exam for this doctoral degree.

Hope the information will definitely help you.If you have any other problem leave it here.

all the best

aashisranjan784
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?