8th October 2012, 10:34 PM
manjulatgk

How to do MBA in future while in 2nd year B.E?

i am in second year BE. iwould like to do MBA IN FUTURE. I NEED YOUR HELP IN CHOOSING MOST SUITABLE MBA COURSE

9th October 2012, 08:44 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to do MBA in future while in 2nd year B.E?

I don't recommend MBA to the B.Tech candidate. It is better that you either take a job after completing B.Tech or go for M.Tech. To do so, you will have to give GATE entrance exam which is conducted for admission in M.Tech.

Coming back to MBA, I don't think Engineering graduate should go for Master of Business Administration. If MBA was your intention, then you could have done it with any graduation degree. What is the point of doing B.Tech. Anyway if you are still interested then I would ask you to pick any of the branches mentioned below for MBA course.

Finance

Healthcare

Management

IT

Banking

Retail

Economy

These are very popular streams of MBA. To get admission for MBA, you will first have to complete the B.Tech course. After that you can apply for entrance exams. I would suggest Common Admission Test since it is accepted by the IIMs. You will need 50 percent marks in graduation to get admission for CAT exam. Candidates from SC/ST need 45 percent marks.

You also have the option to appear for Management Aptitude Test and Xavier Aptitude Test. There is no percentage requirement for MAT which makes it very popular among the MBA aspirants. It allows candidates with low score in graduation to apply for MBA courses in the country.
9th October 2012, 09:11 AM
lethal predator
Member+

Dear..

Going for an MBA after B.tech is a wise step. It will definitely increase the worth of your Resume. Many companies today are not happy with only an Engineering degree and also to get an edge over other student you should go for MBA. MBA would definitely help you as you will be mastered in your subject and after that if you do MBA then it will be like a corporal touch to your career.

If you want to do MBA then i advice you to go for entrance exams like CAT, MAT, SNAP, IBSAT or XAT. These are the major entrance exam conducted by top business schools and organizations of India. Notifications for these exams made public generally in the month of June to November. The examination would be of objective type and in order to get into the top ten institute you have to score at least 95% marks in your entrance exam. Once you done with your entrance you would be called for an Interview and Group discussion round and then after on basis of merit you will get admission.

I advice you to start preparing for the exam right from your 3rd year so that you can crack the nut in the first attempt. I also advice you to concentrate more on your communication skills as these skills are essential for admission.

Top MBA College of India are

ALL IIM'S (AHMEDABAD, LUCKNOW, KOLKATA, BANGALOREKOZHIKODE, SHILONG, UDAIPUR ETC)

XLRI JAMSHEDPUR

SYMBIOSIS PUNE

MDI GURGAON

SP JAIN MUMBAI

IBS

ISB

NARSEE MONJEE MUMBAI.

If you still have any query you can shoot your answer. I will try my level best to help you out.

Hope it will help you.

Cheers...!!!
9th October 2012, 10:05 AM
sudha001

HELLO FRIEND,
MBA is a MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION ,and from now a days it has gain a wide popularity among youth.

Candidates who wanted to do MBA studies,need to satisfy eligiblity criteria:

1)Have to be graduate in any stream with 50 percentage
for general candidates and 45 percentage for SC/ST. From recognized university.
2) There is no age limit .
3)candidates have to give entrance exam like CAT,MAT,SNAP, and needs to score good percentile above 90 in order to qualify for admission in top MBA colleges like XLXI ,IIM ,FMS, IBM Etc. .

Since you are in 2nd year, i would suggest you to take admission in a coaching centre like T.I.M.E., BULLSEYE,CAREER LAUNCHER, ETC and start preparing for MBA entrance exam ,as you would be going to final year , you can also appear for CAT,MAT,SNAP, being a final student. . . .

WISH YOU ALL THE VERY BEST. .
THANKYOU.
9th October 2012, 12:50 PM
sumitjha14u
Senior Member+

I don't think Engineering graduate should go for Master of Business Administration. If MBA was your intention, then you could have done it with any graduation degree.

The course related to the MBA:-Finance, Healthcare, Management, IT, Banking, Retail, Economy

You will need 50 percent marks in graduation to get admission for CAT exam. Candidates from SC/ST need 45 percent marks.

good luck
9th October 2012, 12:52 PM
sumitjha14u
Senior Member+

Arrow Re: How to do MBA in future while in 2nd year B.E?

I don't think Engineering graduate should go for Master of Business Administration. If MBA was your intention, then you could have done it with any graduation degree.

The course related to the MBA:-Finance, Healthcare, Management, IT, Banking, Retail, Economy

You will need 50 percent marks in graduation to get admission for CAT exam. Candidates from SC/ST need 45 percent marks.

good luck
9th October 2012, 02:08 PM
ankima
Senior Member+

Smile Re: How to do MBA in future while in 2nd year B.E?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjulatgk View Post
i am in second year BE. iwould like to do MBA IN FUTURE. I NEED YOUR HELP IN CHOOSING MOST SUITABLE MBA COURSE
Dear,

MBA is now opted by most of the graduates to grow in their field and improve their job profile and salary both. You can do regular MBA or distance MBA according to your wish. For freshers regular MBA is preferred and for professionals with at least 5 year experience distance or E-MBA is beneficial for their growth in their career.

If you wish to do MBA i will suggest you to go for job for a year or two. Prepare for CAT also in this period and then take admission for MBA courses by qualifying CAT. If you perform well in CAT you can take admission in reputed MBA colleges in India in the course you want.

Best of luck!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?