28th January 2014, 05:25 PM
Unregistered

How to get JRF in Biotechnology?

I have done Masters in biotechnology and want to get information about JRF program. how i can get ?and in current i am taking BCIL training from Oncquest laboratory from Delhi.So please kindly tel me about this.

31st January 2014, 08:06 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How to get JRF in Biotechnology?

Indian Council of Medical Research(ICMR) conducts an entrance exam to get in to the Junior Research Fellowship.So this examination is the first and foremost process of the admission process to the Ph.D/Research programme.

It can be done by the Council’s support.ICMR holds this national level exam for awarding the Junior Research fellowship.
Basically on the whole,there would be 150 fellowships can get awarded.So among those 120 fellowhips would be awarded to work in the fields like Biomedical sciences.So they generallt include Physiology,molecular biology,human
biology,Bioinformatiocs,Biotechnology,Biophysics,B iology,immunology,zoology,botany..andmore.OBC/SC/ST candidates and Physically handicapped candidates will be given a special consideration as per the guidelines.And the candidates qualifying for the award for JRF will receive fellowship from the ICMR.

To join as Junior Research fellowship,you need to fill the application form first by giving exact details of you.Be careful while applying the application form,because incomplete application forms will not be accepted and there by no correspondence will be entertained.The basic minimum qualification is M.Sc or M.A or its equivalent degree from a recognized university is accepted.

You must have secured a minimum of 55% in your academics if you belong to the General candidates,and 50% if you belong to the SC/ST/Physically handicapped candidates.The maximum age must be below 28 years to be eligible for the Junior Research Fellowship.
Try to read through the newspapers for latest updates.The latest notification will be published in Newspaper as well as Employment news.Soon after getting the notification,then you can fill the forms using the above given instructions for you.
31st January 2014, 08:08 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

YES,You are absolutely eligible to appear for the C.I.D exam.Staff Selection Commission conducts the C.I.D examination.C.I.D means Criminal Investigation Department.The exam will be held in the month of April and Of course the notification will be released in February month.You can undoubtedly apply for the C.I.D exams with your qualification undoubtedly.

The minimum qualification allowed is a Bachelor Degree from a recognized university.The Bachelor degree might be of any stream.Of course final year candidates are eligible to appear for the examination.No percentage criteria is required for writing this exam.So you met the eligibility criteria.The minimum age must be 20 years,and the upper age limit must not exceed 27 years of age.The age relaxation will be applicable for Reserved candidates.For OBC candidates,there will be 3 years age relaxation and for SC/ST candidates there will be 5 years age relaxation.

The selection process will consists of three types.They are accordingly Written test,Physical test and personal Interview.The exam pattern consists of Tier 1 and Tier 2 respectively.The Tier 1 consists of 200 marks total,which has 4 sections,50 marks each.The various subjects you need to follow in the Tier 1 are, Numerical Aptitude,General awareness,English Comprehension,General Intelligence and reasoning.
The interview lasts for 100 marks.Tier 2 consists of 400 marks ,which in turn consists of 200 marks each.

The each of the subjects are Arithmetical Abilities,and English language and comprehension.So the total marks in Tier 2 will be of 400 Marks.Try to increase your knowledge on General knowledge and current affairs.Since you are eligible for to apply for the C.I.D Post and the notification will be announced in few days.So apply as soon as the notification releases.
31st January 2014, 08:09 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Indian Council of Medical Research(ICMR) conducts an entrance exam to get in to the Junior Research Fellowship.So this examination is the first and foremost process of the admission process to the Ph.D/Research programme.It can be done by the Council’s support. ICMR holds this national level exam for awarding the Junior Research fellowship.

Basically on the whole,there would be 150 fellowships can get awarded.So among those 120 fellowship would be awarded to work in the fields like Biomedical sciences.So they generally include Physiology,molecular biology,human
biology,Bioinformatics,Biotechnology,Biophysics,Bi ology,immunology,zoology,botany..and more.OBC/SC/ST candidates and Physically handicapped candidates will be given a special consideration as per the guidelines.And the candidates qualifying for the award for JRF will receive fellowship from the ICMR.

To join as Junior Research fellowship,you need to fill the application form first by giving exact details of you.Be careful while applying the application form,because incomplete application forms will not be accepted and there by no correspondence will be entertained.

The basic minimum qualification is M.Sc or M.A or its equivalent degree from a recognized university is accepted.
You must have secured a minimum of 55% in your academics if you belong to the General candidates,and 50% if you belong to the SC/ST/Physically handicapped candidates.The maximum age must be below 28 years to be eligible for the Junior Research Fellowship.

Try to read through the newspapers for latest updates.The latest notification will be published in Newspaper as well as Employment news.Soon after getting the notification,then you can fill the forms using the above given instructions for you.
30th April 2019, 03:06 PM
kidzeee
Senior Member+

In order to be a JRF in Biotechnology, you need to appear in a few national level exams as follows:-

CSIR NET
GATE
ICAR NET
DBT JRF

Upon qualifying any of these exams, you can join as a JRF in any PhD programme in the country.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?