18th August 2012, 10:22 PM
prayag dash

How to enter in Indian Air Force with Technical Branch?

sir, i want to entry in indian airforce with technical branches.i passed my +2 carreer with 65.5% marks .Plz give some suggestion about this & give me the interview datas.

25th August 2012, 05:15 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to enter in Indian Air Force with Technical Branch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prayag dash View Post
sir, i want to entry in indian airforce with technical branches.i passed my +2 carreer with 65.5% marks .Plz give some suggestion about this & give me the interview datas.
If you are completed +2 examination then you are not eligible to apply for the Technical Branch to join Indian Air force . To join Indian Air force then the candidate must have a studied mathematics and physics as major subjects in intermediate(12th) .

If you are completed 12th with Mathematics and Physics then you are eligible to apply for National Defence Academy to join the Indian Air force . But if you are belongs other stream then you are not eligible to apply for Indian Air force .

Candidate can only apply for Air force Common Admission Test(AFCAT) Technical Branch after completing graduation with 60% aggregate marks and graduate degree in Aeronautical Engineering (Electronics ) OR Aeronautical Engineering (Mechanical ) of Reputed Institution .

After completing Higher Secondary (12th) exam , you can only eligible to apply for Air force through of NDA Examination . This examination is conducted twice in a year by Union Public Service Commission . It is called as NDA I and NDA II .

To apply for NDA Exam , candidate age should be between 16.5 years and 19 years and Only Unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply . Next Notification will be publish in the month of December or January in the official website of UPSC .

So if you want to join Indian Air force Technical Branch then you must have a completed Aeronautical Engineering (Electronics ) OR Aeronautical Engineering (Mechanical ) with 60% of Reputed Institution .

More details , Visit the official website :- http://careerairforce.nic.in/
25th August 2012, 05:23 PM
Ashish Arora 1995

It is informed you that there is any chance in technical branch of air force will be only by passing the Engineering level Graduation or in some posts it will also required to the Master degree also . you i guides you that first you have to pass your bachelor studies or master studies and then when any requirement in the branch of technical post then you can enter the recruitment.
24th September 2012, 07:32 PM
Unregistered

how to enter for Indian air force, while we are studying in an engineering college in mechanical branch
14th December 2012, 11:48 PM
Unregistered

sir I am studying electical engineering now. IS there any post for me based on this? how much percentege reqiered for me?
17th December 2012, 12:52 AM
Unregistered

sir i m studying from electronics n cmmnctn branch... can i elligble for technical exam for air force..????
31st December 2012, 02:04 PM
Unregistered

i am getting problem in filling the part3 registration.i want to apply for technical branch but it is coming for flying branch.plz help me.
31st December 2012, 02:05 PM
Unregistered

i am getting problem in filling the part3 registration.i want to apply for technical branch but it is coming for flying branch.plz help me.
24th January 2013, 10:34 PM
Unregistered

Sir, i am stduying in a mechanical branch
so sir how to join directaly in air force ?
26th January 2013, 03:53 PM
Unregistered

i have being pursuing computer engg and i m in 3rd year.i want to join air force.i have scored first class in 1st and 2nd year.how should i move further.please guide me.thank you.
26th January 2013, 11:38 PM
end of query
Senior Member+

From the technical field, if you want to join the indian air force, you will have to give the exam conducted by the upsc.
AFCAT- air force common admission test
For this, you should be from the engineering background. The course of the AFCAT is quantitative aptitude, verbal reasoning and analytical reasoning.
First you will have to clear AFCAT, then you’ll have to give the medicals and then there will be a personal interview, after that you’ll be able to join the indian air forcce.
Gud luck
30th June 2013, 07:37 PM
Unregistered

hi sir iam sandeep, i have completed my 12th and i have short sightness iam i eligible to join in IAF.
28th July 2013, 12:42 PM
Unregistered

Sir i am a student of 5th sem. Electrical engg.(polytechnic diploma) .can i join AIF
10th September 2013, 04:09 PM
Unregistered

Sir , i am mansimran.. student of 2 class from chandigarh .. i want to become air force officer in flying branch... so want i do now .............
11th September 2013, 04:33 AM
bat cool

Hello

You must B.Tech or B.Sc(maths, physics) to get a job in Technical airforce field. Your age must be in 19 -23 years.

Post graduates can get maximum age limit upto 25 years.

You must get atleast 55% marks in B.Tech or B.Sc to join and must have cleared CDS or AFCAT exam

Other than this you must pass the SSB , medical and personal interview also

To know more click >>http://www.careerairforce.nic.in/index5.asp?lid=117

all the best
11th September 2013, 04:22 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Hi,

You have to join AFCAT exam stands for Air force Common Admission test which is conducted to join Indian air force.

Technical Branch ( Men)

Aeronautical Branch of Engineer ( AE (L) )

Education Qualification – You should complete minimum four year graduation
Or
You should cleared Section A and Section B examination of Associative Membership of Institution Engineers
Or
You should complete Graduate membership exam of institute of exam of electronics and telecommunication.

www.careerairforce.nic.in

www.upsc.gov.in

Thank you.
29th May 2014, 10:02 AM
Unregistered

sir...i m nilanjan....i want to know that having a degree in aeronautical engg. in electronic or in mechanical engg. i can get admitted........or wid any afcat or cds exams i will be gettng a chance to study aeronautical engg. in electronics or in mechanical in any of the air force academy....

plz explain...
31st May 2014, 10:45 AM
Unregistered

sir, i want to entry in indian airforce with technical branches.i passed my 2 carreer with 59.8% with non medical marks .Plz give some suggestion about this & give me the interview datas.
27th August 2017, 11:47 AM
Unregistered

I am a pre final year electrical and electronics engineering student. Am i eligible to join Indian air force being a girl?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?