29th July 2015, 01:30 AM

How to get admission after ITI in mechanical engineering/diploma? I have scored 72% in ITI course

How to get admission after ITI in Mechanical engineering/diploma? I have scored 72% in ITI Course and i have done apprenticeship of 2 years at M.S.R.T.C workshop

29th July 2015, 04:52 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

Default Re: How to get admission after ITI in mechanical engineering/diploma? I have scored 72% in ITI course

You can surely apply for bachelor degree in mechanical engineering through lateral entry scheme. Lateral entry is the best way for diploma holders in order to get admission in second year of degree course.

In India, large number of colleges offer admission in second year of degree course to diploma holders. But note that IITs and NITs do not have provision of lateral entry scheme.

Required eligibility conditions are:

* Must be Indian citizen.
* Must have completed Post-SSC or Post-HSC diploma course in relevant discipline. However, candidate with B.Sc. degree are also eligible.
* Must have taken minimum 50% marks (45% marks for candidate of reserved categories)

# Followings are the documents are compulsorily required which are:

* Class 10th marks sheet
* Class 12th marks sheet
* Marks sheet of Diploma Course
* Allotment Letter (Printout from internet)
* Caste Certificate (if applicable)
* Migration Certificate
* Gap certificate (if applicable)
* School Leaving Certificate
* Passport size photographs
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?