12th December 2012, 03:56 PM
danish bashir

How to get admission in B.Tech in electronics and communication with lateral entry

May i get admision in b.tech in electronics and communication with lateral entry?

Related Questions:
  1. Possibility to study B.Tech in Marine Engineering through Lateral Entry after completing Diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering? -- [New]
  2. Lateral admission in B.E. (Electronics and Communication)?
  3. How to get admission in B.Tech. to complete degree after having done diploma in Electronics and Communication Engineering?
  4. Which entrance exam is to be given for lateral entry in B.Tech in electronics and communication engineering in Birla Rajasthan
  5. Best course for Diploma in Mechanical holder?
  6. Can I get admission in lateral entry programme in Aeronautical Engineering after doing diploma in electronics and communication
  7. How to get admission in B.Tech in electronics and communication with lateral entry
  8. Requirements for Lateral Entry in B.E. course. for outsiders? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. How to take admission in B.Tech in Delhi college by lateral entry?
  10. Names of Engineering Colleges which offer lateral entry admission for ECE?
  11. In which college can I get lateral entry admission after doing ECE from Ambedkar University?
  12. Which are the PSU's having lateral entry after electronics and communication engineering?
  13. How to get admission in B.Tech in Noida Delhi after completing diploma in ECE through lateral entry
  14. How may I get admission through lateral entry in DTU for B.tech course? I am studying CSE from Delhi polytechnic
  15. What does throughout 60% stands for and does following case satisfies the criteria?
  16. How to join a college as a lateral entry candidate?
  17. Detailed admission process of B.Tech lateral entry? Fee structure of lateral entry in MG University
  18. How can I get information regarding lateral admission for B.Tech?
13th December 2012, 07:42 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get admission in B.Tech in electronics and communication with lateral entry

If you have complete diploma in engineering then surely you can get lateral entry admission for Bachelor of Technology. Unfortunately you did not mention the stream in which you completed diploma.

However I would urge not to change the stream when applying for Engineering. Often students who change their streams from diploma to B.Tech face problems coping with the course. Since you will be getting admission into the second year, it is better not to change the stream.

The lateral entry means admission into the second year of B.Tech course. Since you want lateral entry it is important to understand that you can not apply for the following entrance exams:

ISEET

AIEEE

BITSAT

UPSEE

IIT-JEE

These exams are for regular admission in B.Tech. Another important thing to remember for you is that lateral entry students are not accepted by Indian Institute of Technology as well National Institute of Technology.

However this is not the case with rest of the universities. Most of the rest will offer you admission. It can be done through lateral entry. There are plenty of engineering colleges that reserve some seats for the lateral entry students.

The procedure of giving admission is different for the colleges. There are several colleges that accept Lateral Entry Engineering Test (LEET) while others conduct their own entrance exam for the admission.

In most cases candidate who seek lateral entry admission must score at least 50/60 percent marks. There are some colleges that would also offer admission based on merit and do not ask candidates to appear for any entrance exam.
4th June 2013, 10:24 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to get admission in B.Tech in electronics and communication with lateral entry

Sir,
If i get 20000 to 40000 state rank from jee(main), then how i can get admission in government colleges?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?