Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How to get admission in M.Tech(ECE) without answering GATE

You will not get admission in good colleges like IIT's and NIT"s

without GATE

but you can get some University affliated colleges like

Vasavi Engineering college,hyderabad

SNIST,hyderabad

and so on

but there will be no use of getting masters in such colleges except a paper of M.tech degree after 2 odd years

so i request you to go through GATE exam

wishes

~aditya~
5th April 2011, 01:24 AM
kanchanyadav
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to get admission in M.Tech(ECE) without answering GATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How to get admission in M.Tech(ECE) without answering GATE

pllease reply
Hi,
You can take admission for M-Tech without GATE score card but not in colleges like NITs and IITs.
There are college which use to conduct there exam for admissions in M-Tech, But even they give first preference to GATE candidates and if seats are left then only they offer admissions.
So if you want to pusue M-Tech from reputated colleges so please appear in GATE exam.
5th April 2011, 01:42 AM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

hii
you will not get admission in top colleges like IIT, NIT, IISC etc...
but there are many colleges and universities which provide management quota seats.. and there are some other universities which take admission through their own entrance exams....
There are also Universities which take you depending on your graduation percentage....
5th April 2011, 08:48 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

There is only one acknowledged exam for doing m.tech is GATE EXAM which make you to enter into top universities like IIT's ,NIT,DELHI UNVERSITY,JNTU,OSMANIA UNIVERSITY and many more top other university ..with M.tech they also give you scholarship so that you will be financially strong....try to get 90% above in GATE.

gate marks are applicable for all colleges and it is valid for 2 years ..
some private colleges conduct their own exams too but most of university consider gate exam..marks

But yes you can take admission into M.TECH without writing gate that is in some private colleges with high donation but if you write GATE and with good rank you can get admission into good university and even with getting scholarship while studying so choice is yours!!!!!!!
5th April 2011, 08:57 AM
gurpreetrodger

the different universities organise their own entrance exams for the admission apart from gate so u can apply for them. Yet u have the chance to get admission.
5th April 2011, 11:31 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

for a fresher student GATE is the best way to take admission in M.Tech program. also there are some other way to take admission in in M.Tech program.

there are few institution which take entrance admission to take admission in M.Tech program. this are not related to GATE examination. this entrance examination completely conducted by the institution and take admission based on this entrance examination only.

Indian Statistical Institution(ISI), Kolkata and other ISI institution is the one example of this type of institution. this institution even offer stipend of Rs.5000/- for studying M.Tech after clearing the entrance examination. there are also other institution which follow different entrance examination other than GATE.

almost in all M.Tech institution including IIT also there are seat named self sponsored. the candidate working in any industry or in any institution may take admission in M.Tech through this if his employee refer him. but for this type of seat there is no stipend. total expense should be given by the candidate.

in this two way you may take admission in M.Tech without answering GATE examination. but if you are a fresher then you have only first option. i think it's always better to take admission in Good institution after cracking GATE examination with a very good score.

best wishes.
5th April 2011, 11:47 AM
RAKESH KUMAR.N
Senior Member+

1)How can i do M.Tech with out GATE Exam?

-->Each university will conduct Separate Entrance Exam for M.E and M.Tech except IIT and NIT

-->for Eg TANCET Exam is Conducted in Tamil Nadu State in which more then 300 college will be there,all comes under Anna University, like wise every state will conduct the Exam Delhi University,Maharashtra University Etc..

-->You can also go through management Seats,but fees will be more eg Sathyabama University,VIT University,SRM University ,MGR University,Annamalai University

General Information

-->Best is GATE Score, because you can join any where in India and it is useful for Job Opportunity.

-->Gate exam mark is valid for 2 years and you can attend any number of times

-->Basically Question will be Bachelor of Engineering or Technology and Aptitude

All the Best
5th April 2011, 12:20 PM
Revathy GM

Dear friend

there are only few colleges that ask for GATE scores. You can apply to all other colleges using TANCET score itself

All the best
5th April 2011, 04:30 PM
sureshcbe
Member+

You can some possibility for gettting admission in Mtech without taking gate exam.

Anna university has own entrance exam.(TANCET).
Some important date for tancet exam
Commencement of Registration / Registration
through Internet 01.04.2011
2. Last date for Registration at co-ordinating
centres and Registration through Internet 25.04.2011
3. Last date for receipt of completed application
(registered through Internet) 27.04.2011
4. Enquiry office functioning
26.05.2011 & 27.05.2011
(Chennai only)
&
27.05.2011 (All centres)
6. M.E./M.Tech./M.Arch./M.Plan. Entrance Test 29.05.2011 F.N.
7. Announcement of Entrance Test Results 3rd week of June 2011

Many deemed universities conducting their own exam for Mtech admission.

Best of luck
14th April 2011, 02:44 PM
Mayank Shekhar

Dear,
Hi,
You will not get admission in good colleges like IIT's and NIT"s
without GATE
but you can get some University affliated colleges like
Vasavi Engineering college,hyderabad
SNIST,hyderabad
and so on
but there will be no use of getting masters in such colleges except a paper of M.tech degree after 2 odd years
so I request you to go through GATE exam.

Thanks.
8th May 2011, 09:58 PM
Unregistered

hai friends
While doing my B.Tech I concentrated on getting a job. So I got a nice job in a nice company. But now I am interested in doing M.Tech also through distance education category. But I am not qualified in GATE. So how can I get a M.Tech seat in reputed colleges? plz suggest me yar
14th October 2011, 04:08 PM
Unregistered

iam in class 10 .i want to pursue courses on geophysics.pl guide me
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?