17th January 2010, 10:06 AM
upenderbandari

Is it possible to do M.Tech after 13 years by answering GATE entrance?

Hi,
This is Upender from hyderabad, I completed my B.Tech in 2007 and doing as a maintenance engineer in a industry. I want to do the M.Tech, I there any possibilities to do the M.Tech with gate entrance.

Related Questions:
1st August 2011, 07:28 AM
jits
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Is it possible to do M.Tech after 13 years by answering GATE entrance?

Yes ,definitely you can do through the GATE examination.Ther's no age limit for the GATE entrance exam and 'n' number of attempts can be given by a candidate hence there's nothing to worry about.You can get information regarding GATE in the following link

http://www.iitk.ac.in/gate/gate2011/eligibility.php

Since your working as a maintenance Engineer hence you can even take your M.tech course as correspondence from various universities like Sikkim Manipal and other such Universities rather than going through the GATE examination but it totally depends upon your interest.Go through the syllabus and other details which are available in the above website.The commencement of sale of Application Form will be on the month of September.
1st August 2011, 08:23 AM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Default Re: Is it possible to do M.Tech after 13 years by answering GATE entrance?

Sir, you are eligible to write GATE exam. There is no age limit nor number of attempts for writing this competitive exam. You need to prepare well as most of the questions require basic knowledge . You have an advantage if you are working in the same field as your preparation burden reduces
1st August 2011, 09:00 AM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Is it possible to do M.Tech after 13 years by answering GATE entrance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by upenderbandari View Post
Hi,
This is Upender from hyderabad, I completed my B.Tech in 2007 and doing as a maintenance engineer in a industry. I want to do the M.Tech, I there any possibilities to do the M.Tech with gate entrance.

There is no need to worry as Gate is open for the candidate of any age means age doesn't matter for appearing in Gate exam.The eligibility criteria is same that is :
  • You must have bachelor degree in engineering
  • You can also apply with your master degree.
  • Age is not a matter of fact.
  • M.Tech is also available through correspondance which allows you to complete your degree from your home or office as well.
  • Gate is the best exam for getting entry into M.Tech courses.
  • So there is no need to worry .You are fully eligible to apply for Gate.

So go for it(GATE) if you want. After getting M.Tech degree your position will increase or you can say you will be promoted.

With Regards
ravik1214
1st August 2011, 01:53 PM
jitendra1117

hi friend
yes it 's possible that to do m.tech after 13 years b.e courses , but keep in mind that you can fight again gate test because the gate certificate is valid only for two years after that you wanna do m.tech then you must crack the gate exam , in gate exam no age limit
1st August 2011, 01:59 PM
jitendra1117

hi friend
yes it 's possible that to do m.tech after 13 years b.e courses , but keep in mind that you can fight again gate test because the gate certificate is valid only for two years after that you wanna do m.tech then you must crack the gate exam , in gate exam no age limit
1st August 2011, 02:16 PM
Harshita21

Quote:
Hi,
Good Afternoon Upender
It's good that you want to continue your studies .
Yes their us possibilities to do M.Tech from GATE entrance exam.
The GATE score is valid only for one year.
After one yr. this score is not valid
1st August 2011, 02:50 PM
liquid

Yes ,definitely you can do through the GATE examination.there is no age limit.but you have to show your b-tech degree
1st August 2011, 03:45 PM
gayatrikarnewar

Smile Re: Is it possible to do M.Tech after 13 years by answering GATE entrance?

Quote:
Hi,
Hi, you are now experienced engineer so there is no matter for worry you are still elligible for M.Tech age no matters. There are many institutes like IIT offering M.Tech but the addmission are through GATE exam if you are ready for GATE then face it, if not then do it from corrospondance. After doing M.Tech you will achive better positions in your fields. So best luck.
1st August 2011, 03:53 PM
venu.linesensorarray

Upendra,

GATE has no age limits based on age, as long as you have the required Bachelor's Degree.

However, it is generally a little difficult to adapt back to college life at a higher age. Also, you have to give up your job.

So, distance learning from SMU, IGNOU, MIT and other universities is a very viable option. Some distance learning courses are also offered with periodical weekend classes.You might prefer that.

Cheers,
1st August 2011, 05:14 PM
Unregistered

yes ofcourse you are eligible for the gate entrance exam. dont worry about your age limit. you appy the gate entrance as soon as possible. best of luck.............
1st August 2011, 05:48 PM
saurav9889

yes friend it is not impossible to do mtech after 13 yrs if u clear gate exam. moreover for u its just 4 yrs since u have passed your graduation hence definately u can sit for gate exam and do your m.tech. moreover since u have got 4+yrs of experience hence some pvt. instt. also directly selects students with experience for m.tech so u can also look for that option.
2nd August 2011, 01:23 AM
edgeineervinay
Senior Member+

Quote:
Hi,
ya sure why not

There is not any upper age limit in GATE.
so you can do mtech.....just start preparing yourself from today onwards.....
30th September 2011, 10:35 AM
hrushi614

hi friend,

yes, definatly you can do m.tech through gate exam.

M.tech is higher qualification and get good job also

There is no upper age limit and any number of attempts you can apply.

But after long gap you are writing gate exam is some what diifficult.

because you may forgot subjects. so you have to work hard to get seat through gate
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?