30th September 2012, 09:40 AM

Guidance to prepare for IES Exam being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of EEE course?

iam priyanka
iam doing my eee 2nd year.i want to pass in ies exam .i need a guide to how to prepare and on wat field i need to pay more concentration ?..................

Related Questions:
  1. Guidance to prepare for IAS and IES Exams being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of BE in Civil Engineering? Previous 10 year Question Papers for these Exams?
  2. How to prepare for IES exam while in 2nd year EEE?
  3. How to start preparation for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year in Mechanical Engineering?
  4. How can I prepare for IES exam after passing 2nd year? When to apply for it?
  5. Can I apply for IES Exam being a candidate pursuing 2nd year B.Tech? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. What is the cutoff for general studies? I am doing 2nd year B.Tech EEE
  7. How to start preparation for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech 2nd year in Civil Engineering?
  8. Guidance to prepare for TNPSC Exam being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of B.Sc Maths?
  9. Career opportunities in Public Sector for me being a candidate pursuing 2nd year B.Tech in Mechanical? Information regarding IES Exam?
  10. Which is the best Book to crack GATE Exam in EEE stream being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of B.Tech course? -- [New]
  11. How to prepare for IES exam if I am a final year student in EEE branch?
  12. Which Books I have to prepare for GATE Exam being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech in EEE and not interested to take coaching for GATE Exam?
  13. Can I be eligible to write IES Exam pursuing final year of B.Tech in EEE?
  14. Can I give UPSC Exam being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year B.Tech with CSE? How to prepare for this Exam?
  15. How to prepare for IES exam?
  16. Guidance to pursue Extra Certification courses with low cost being a candidate pursuing 2nd year BE in ECE?
  17. How to prepare for Power Grid Exam being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech in EEE? Syllabus and best books to prepare for the Exam?
  18. Can I sit for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech 2nd year with Computer Science stream?
1st October 2012, 10:15 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Guidance to prepare for IES Exam being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of EEE course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
iam priyanka
iam doing my eee 2nd year.i want to pass in ies exam .i need a guide to how to prepare and on wat field i need to pay more concentration ?..................
Hey friend,

The basic criteria for the IES exam is that only candidate who has done their degree in Engineering/Technology in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Electronics & Tele Communication Engineering is eligible to apply for the exam for joining in Indian Engineering Organizations.

As said that you are a 2nd year EEE student you are not eligible for the exam at this stage as you are not satisfying the needed qualification for the exam as you need to have completed a degree or you must be a final year degree exam appearing candidate to be applying.This is as far regarding the education qualification needed for the exam and there are certain other criteria's which are needed to be satisfied and they are:

>> You need to be a citizen of India and candidates should also have a age limit of 21-30 years for General category.

>> The candidates should also have a age limit of 21-35 years for SC/ST category.

>> The candidates should also have a age limit of 21-33 years for OBC category.

In the case of you satisfying all these above mentioned criteria means then you can apply for the exam.

Pattern for IES:

Civil and mechanical

Electrical and electronics and telecommunication:

If you have any more doubts regarding the IES Exam you can check at the official site of UPSC at http://www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST
1st October 2012, 10:17 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Guidance to prepare for IES Exam being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of EEE course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
iam priyanka
Hey friend,

The basic criteria for the IES exam is that only candidate who has done their degree in Engineering/Technology in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Electronics & Tele Communication Engineering is eligible to apply for the exam for joining in Indian Engineering Organizations.

As said that you are a 2nd year EEE student you are not eligible for the exam at this stage as you are not satisfying the needed qualification for the exam as you need to have completed a degree or you must be a final year degree exam appearing candidate to be applying.This is as far regarding the education qualification needed for the exam and there are certain other criteria's which are needed to be satisfied and they are:

>> You need to be a citizen of India and candidates should also have a age limit of 21-30 years for General category.

>> The candidates should also have a age limit of 21-35 years for SC/ST category.

>> The candidates should also have a age limit of 21-33 years for OBC category.

In the case of you satisfying all these above mentioned criteria means then you can apply for the exam.

Pattern for IES:

Civil and mechanical

Electrical and electronics and telecommunication:

If you have any more queries regarding the exam you can check at the official site of UPSC at http://www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST
2nd October 2012, 10:54 AM
sumitjha14u
Senior Member+

Wink Re: Guidance to prepare for IES Exam being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of EEE course?

Hello dear,

IES is the Indian Engineering Service Entrance Exam is designed for recruitment of engineers in government services.
IES exam is conducted once every year by UPSC.

It is good decision to start your preparation for IES exam.
As a primary test ,it is important to understand the pattern and syllabus of the exam.
The preparation should start on the basis of that.You should focus more in core subject areas.
Practice is the only mantra for obtaining a good score in the IES entrance exam.
You should follow seperate strategies for preparing for the objective and descriptive sections in IES exam.
You should have good general awareness while preparing for IES identify your weak areas and concentrate more on it.
Try to refer standard text books and previous year question papers as part of your preparation.

Eligibility criteria for IES:
You must be a engineering graduate.
Final year candidate can also eligible.
you must not have any pending backlogs during engineering.
Age limit should be 21 to 30 years.
You must be Indian citizen.
You must be physically and mentally fit.
You can either apply in offline or online.
For online visit http://www.upsconline.nic.in/

For offline purchase application form from designated post offices.

All the best..................

good luck
14th May 2013, 07:32 PM
Unregistered

sir, prianka is asking that when it is better to join coaching center and start the prepration?
My question is also the same.
25th August 2013, 12:31 PM
Unregistered

sir, i'm persuing b.tech..(2nd year EEE)
I js want to ask that how i have to start prepration for ies..
23rd October 2013, 09:11 PM
Unregistered

When priyanka is asking...ppl r answering..but when anon male ppl r answering no one is answering
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?