30th October 2011, 02:02 AM
Shikha the great

How to get better results being a candidate of 12th class and preparing for Competitive Examinations?

Actualy i m in 12th i m preparing for competitive examination also i want to knw hw can i get better results as i hv only 4 months to go?

30th October 2011, 01:49 PM
mani vasu

Default Re: How to get better results being a candidate of 12th class and preparing for Competitive Examinations?

hi friend ,
dont be tensed more , be relax ....four months is more than enough to prepare if u prepared in a scheduled time .... firstly get revised the previous chapters quickly n then try to apply it in a small problems so that u can get more confidence while doing
try to do more previous papers n so that u ll get more concept ...
try to do some selective chapters mainly which hav more weightage in the examz ... so that u can easily gain the marks..
best of luck ...
b confident ...
best regards ..
30th October 2011, 03:47 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get better results being a candidate of 12th class and preparing for Competitive Examinations?

now only 4 months is remaining for the 12th final board examination. so it is very crucial time for the preparation. at this time i hope every one those will appear in 12th board examination have completed the total syllabus at least once and now the time is for revision.

i will suggest you to revise the whole syllabus from the beginning. collect previous few years question papers and solve them attentively. in most of the cases in board examination most of the questions come from previous 5years or 10 years questions paper. so solving previous years paper will be very much helpful to do good result in the board examination.

buy some questions paper books and solve questions attentively. now you have to answer question within a given time period so that time can not create any problem at the time of examination. after the test examination there will be test paper which consist of question papers from different institution. so solve the test paper so that every question those will come in the board examination is common to you.

if you well prepared for 12th board examination then almost you are 80% prepared for other competitive examination or entrance examination. after your board examination try to solve some competitive questions paper before the examination. buy particular book for particular competitive examination and solve them. i think then you will be able to crack competitive examination.

best of luck.
30th October 2011, 05:00 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
yes, you can prepare for competitive exams while you are in 12th class..

For that you have to make a routine first. follow the routine to cover the whole syllabus in 12th and prepare for the competitive exams..

I think your 12th is more important than the competitive exams..

Because 12th is the base.. If you do well in 12th then it will also help you to get a job..

So, first give preference in 12th...

In competitive exams also the questions will come from 12th syllabus..
So, study well for 12th, and make your concept clear...

If your concept is clear then you can easily crack the competitive exams..

All the best.
30th October 2011, 06:04 PM
vivek050

hi

i will suggest you to revise the whole syllabus from the beginning. collect previous few years question papers and solve them attentively. in most of the cases in board examination most of the questions come from previous 5years or 10 years questions paper. so solving previous years paper will be very much helpful to do good result in the board examination.

buy some questions paper books and solve questions attentively. now you have to answer question within a given time period so that time can not create any problem at the time of examination. after the test examination there will be test paper which consist of question papers from different institution. so solve the test paper so that every question those will come in the board examination is common to you.

thanks
30th October 2011, 06:16 PM
Fraction Down

dear friend,

Friend,You have no sufficient time for your 10+2 th standard and also for Competitive Examinations.

There is so many Competitive Examinations waiting for you like :-

1.>IIT-JEE.

2.>WBJEE.

3.>AIEEE.

4.>AIPMT.
etc.

So,friend I'm giving you some Point Follow it I think it will helpful for you.

1:According to me,maintain a time table to allow yourself to devote minimum 6-8hrs per day.

2:Then try to collect the base or main material of any subject.

3:.Study the Syllabus

4:Try to solve the Previous questions papers

5:Try to Solve more and more problems,

6:Try to discover more and more new own tricks by which you can easily solve any problem in a less time .

7:You can go for self tests.

However,there are some important books for some competitive examinations.

Physics:

1:Concept of Physics Volume 1 & Volume 2, By H C Verma

2:Fundamentals of Physics , Halliday, Resnick & Walker

3:Advanced Level Physics,Nelkon and Parker

4:Problems in General Physics ,I.E. Irodov

5:Problem in Physics,V.Zubov & V.Shalnov etc

Mathematics:

1:Maths XI & XII,R.D. Sharma

2:Higher Algebra, Hall & Knight

3:Mathematics, Tata Macgraw Hill (TMH)

4:Maths XI & XII,R. S. Agarwal

5:Problems in Calculus of One Variable ,I.A. Maron
etc

Chemistry:

1:Physical Chemistry,Inorganic Chemistry,Organic Chemistry ; O.P. Tandon

2:IIT Chemistry,O.P. Agarwal

3:Numerical Chemistry,R.C. Mukharjee

4:Chemistry Principles & Applications,Sienko & Plane

5:University Chemistry,Bruce H. Mahan
etc.

for more visit:http://www.biharanjuman.org/iit_jee_books.htm

Best of luck.
30th October 2011, 06:59 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
as you are determined to get into a particular profession like engineering from a good institution you need to prepare well for the exam.
As you have not mentioned about your subjects a brief overview is below
most of the entrance exam are based on cbse syllabus so it will be easy for you to prepare for the exam
concentrate more on the subjects from which questions are asked in the entrance exam . Study your subjects daily and do not carry your portions to tomorrow.
Practice mathematical sums and memorise the formulas if there
before the exam study the previous years papers . For problematic subjects solve as many as problems you can and be aware of the short cuts that are available
prepare well on the language papers as they boost your total. And try to avoid grammar and spelling mistakes.
Your board is also important as entrance marks help you to get into the college after that no one will ask you about it but it the board exam marks which will come throughout your life. And they should be sweet past which we must be happy to recall. All the best
30th October 2011, 09:00 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

To get the better result in 12th class you have to follow the following guidelines as under-

1. Make a scheduled time for your study means at least 4 hrs in the morning for your board exam & 2 hrs in the evening for your competitive exam.Do remember that at the particular time You have to study only for that particular subjects & dont jumbled the competitive exam preparation with the board preparation.

2. Its better to study the important part deeply & thoroughly as only this will make you a chance to secure the good marks in your board exam.

3. Take the help & guidelines from your teachers & friends instantly instead of wasting the time to solve it yourself & tries to learn the fundas & formulas to solve such problems.
3rd June 2012, 09:55 PM
Unregistered

sir, i am not good in 11th class,can i get a better result in 12th board
11th April 2013, 09:21 PM
Unregistered

sir/mam i have just completed my 12th board exams. I am not confident with my cutt off. So i have decided to write entrance exam for mbbs. But i have only 15 days for exam. My aim is to become a doctor , this my dream and life too. So please help me to crack the entrance exam
18th April 2013, 01:02 AM
rch91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikha the great View Post
Actualy i m in 12th i m preparing for competitive examination also i want to knw hw can i get better results as i hv only 4 months to go?
The key to get better results in entrance exam is : read thoroughly NCERT books
be regular
practice mock test as much as u can
make your basics strong
Follow these guidlines and work hard, you will surely crack your 12th and competition exam.
All the best!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?