18th March 2011, 12:30 PM
ank.saj

How to prepare for IIT in 12 standard? Should i join coaching institute?

hey frnds i hav now cleared my 11th with good marks by doing individual tutns for each subject ...i was too doing iit coaching there ...but now i m in great confusion whether to join any institute or continue with the same....as it will affect my 12th or not...please suggest

18th March 2011, 01:22 PM
soumyasmruti

Location: Flat No:- 205, Omm Ville, Shree vihar, BHUBANESWAR, Orissa, India
Default Re: How to prepare for IIT in 12 standard? Should i join coaching institute?

Do what you are familiar with, if tuitions are fetching you good marks that's great.
It's all a matter of confidence. Do not try to change your way of preparation.
But if you really want to know the best coaching institutes the they are as follows.
1. FIITJEE NEWDELHI
2. BANSAL CLASSES KOTA
3. RESONANCE KOTA
4. PIE EDUCATION

You can also take up correspondence course from Brilliant Tutorials becase they are the best in the country in coaching.
18th March 2011, 01:31 PM
rks@estate
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to prepare for IIT in 12 standard? Should i join coaching institute?

Hiiiiii,

For IIT entrance exam, read & learn whole topics of following subjects.

1. Physics
2. Chemistry
3. Maths

Yes, you can join coaching institute, Following IIT coaching centres are as follows: -

1. IIT-JEE Coaching, Kota, Rajasthan
2. Educomp Leap IIT JEE coaching, Jalandhar
3. Brillant Academy for IIT Coaching, Delhi
4. Coaching Institutes for IIT, Dwarka, Delhi
5. Knowledge Infinity, New Delhi
6. Brillant Tutorials, New Delhi

etc.

All the Best
18th March 2011, 01:44 PM
Shine_14

There are a lot of suggestions you might find soon but all i can suggest is you prepare well for 12th as if you dont clear your class 12th you are simply not eligible for IIT JEE, even you have a good preparation,
So i think you should prepare for class 12th with individual tuitions and prepare for IIT JEE in home,
regarding coaching and preparation you are worry i can say There is no unique way of preparing for the IIT-JEE. What is good for one need not be so for another. Clearing the JEE is a project and as such needs to be planned for and managed properly.

It is said that a battle is not as much won in the field as while planning and strategising for it. The same is true in the case of the JEE. One is not likely to make significant headway if one goes headlong without a coherent plan while preparing for it. One needs to make a sound strategy for clearing the JEE. While some of the elements of such a strategy are common and equally applicable to all aspirants, there are others entirely dependent on the individual.

Believe in yourself

The first step is to start with the right frame of mind. A positive attitude is needed to last through the long drawn process. It will require sustenance of tempo for months together. Many may feel like quitting, but what is going to finally win the race is the belief that one can do it!

Know your strengths and weaknesses

This point cannot be over-emphasised. While you must believe that you can do it, you must also have a very clear idea of where you stand, to begin with. You must know your strengths and weaknesses. These could be anything that has a bearing on your preparation. Some of you, for example, may cover a lot of ground in one sitting, while for some, sustained concentration for more than a specified period at a stretch might prove to be counterproductive.

Some of you may have a natural strength in mathematics, while some may have an aptitude for chemistry or physics. It is important to know these nuances of your strengths and weaknesses. The reason is really simple. To plan and work on a winning strategy, you must know which of your strengths need to be further honed, which of your weaknesses you can live with, and which of the weaknesses you need to work upon so they don’t become a handicap.

Plan your schedule

Any successful implementation of a project is the culmination of successfully completing smaller projects and even smaller tasks. Remember that every journey takes its own time. If you wish to reach the destination in time, you need to start right away and plan out the details—which milestones do you need to cross, and when, before you finally succeed. Plans need to be worked out at different levels. And for this, you need to set specific time bound targets.

Whatever be the schedule one decides on, it may help to remember the following:
a) Formalise the schedule. Set it in the form of a chart you can see easily anytime.
b) One ought to set realistic targets, without getting influenced by how much one’s friends or classmates have covered. There is no point in setting a schedule that needs to be frequently changed.
c) Although it is not advisable to change our schedule every now and then, our schedule has to have some element of flexibility. There is no need to feel unnecessarily guilty if we have not been able to follow the schedule due to some genuine problem. We should remember to cover up the lost ground in the near future.
d) All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. Nothing could be truer than this. Please remember that JEE is more about thinking and application than anything else. And to think productively one needs to keep one’s mind fresh.

Familiarise yourself with the JEE pattern

Many of us, while preparing for the JEE, tend to lay high emphasis on problem solving and not so much on understanding the subject. Since JEE itself largely consists of numerical problems, this approach leads to a false belief among the students—that the more number of problems one solves or goes through, the better are the chances of success at the JEE. While this might be true to a certain extent, solving problems prematurely without adequate grounding of fundamentals is unlikely to meet the final objective. Sometimes we also tend to entangle ourselves with unnecessarily complex problems that have very little relevance to the JEE. Students must study the kinds of questions that have been appearing in the JEE, and convince themselves about the kinds that they need to practice with.

Be rigorous and persistent

It is important to realise that there is no alternative to rigour. This means that we must be thorough with our understanding of concepts. Sometimes while trying to solve a problem, we give up quickly and look at the solution. Many a times we read a topic or see a problem or a solution and think that we have understood it. The words rigour and persistence go hand in hand. Looking at its absolute importance in the context of our preparation, we must try to do the following.

Persist with a problem till you have either found the solution or have come to a dead end. This may take hours, but the learning could be significant.

It may not be wise to skip solving a problem because you think you know how to do it. It may not be quite the same as a known problem.

Even if you have got a solution, you can always try to think up alternative solutions. This process itself could lead to insights on the concerned topic.

It might be a better idea to avoid looking at the solution, and, instead, discuss the problem with one’s friends. One may learn a thing or two that were hitherto not known.
Quality is more important than quantity

Very often you may find your friends discussing how many hours they spend every day on their preparation. You should not let any of that bother you. You may be spending less time but getting a higher or more productive output. In this context, some of the related things to note are:

It is better to confine yourself to a limited number of good books and other study material; do not consult too many books.

Spend a lot of time reading these books and work out the important derivations independently.

Work out limited number of problems, but good ones. Solving too many problems does not necessarily help us in understanding concepts.

Make it a point not to study beyond your fatigue limit.
Critically assess your progress

An extremely important element of your preparation is to periodically find out where you stand with respect to your goals. While taking tests is an integral component of this assessment, it actually goes much beyond that. The objective of a test is not only to point out your performance but also your strong and weak areas. If this feedback is not taken seriously and you proceed to take another test of similar scope and nature, there is not likely to be much difference in your performance. On the other hand, if you work hard on your weak areas before taking a test again, there is every chance that your performance will improve. It goes without saying that these are the incremental improvements that finally bear fruit.

hope you will find it useful
18th March 2011, 02:53 PM
bhavna04
Senior Member+

Well friend i think self study is the best option for completing any comptetion.

you didn't tell us from which city you belong.

Ok, i think you should join the fiitjee programme of 12th students and also the test conducted by the fiitjee.

Through this you can see your status in all india level which may help you in your preparation.
18th March 2011, 03:54 PM
niraj1990

you have to make a shadule for rreading.nothing is impossible after 12u hve to make a stratgy fr reading it is importent to care PCM only coching cant give result you have to make labourious ur self by coching u can take guide but sure you have to try ur best because you r going to face IIT entrance make sure you can get result but u have to make it as a aim best wises with us
18th March 2011, 05:01 PM
rakesh11135
Junior Member+

If you join a institute then it will be more fruitful to you because JEE is not a easy exam and need a more preparation & conentration so on joining a institute you will accustomed to pattern of paper & there you also have some good competitors which is most important factor.If you score atleast 60% marks in 12th then it doesn't matter because nobody will ask your 12th % if you cleared JEE or AIEEE.
Joining a good institute will be a wise idea.
~ Best of Luck ~
18th March 2011, 06:54 PM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: How to prepare for IIT in 12 standard? Should i join coaching institute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.saj View Post
hey frnds i hav now cleared my 11th with good marks by doing individual tutns for each subject ...i was too doing iit coaching there ...but now i m in great confusion whether to join any institute or continue with the same....as it will affect my 12th or not...please suggest
You are in the same confusion everyone falls while coming to 12th ...Now it depends purely on your Interest if you have a deep desire to get into IIT its for sure you have to attend the coaching class..

-> You said that it will affect your 12th grade when going to coaching for IIT right.. but its not what it is, if you are going to attend the coaching for IIT am sure you will excel great in your 12th grade because the maths and science which you are going to prepare for IIT will be more or less the same as your 12th grade and even advanced than that so it helps you to easily understand your school subjects.

-> You have to keep one important thing in mind for a good result in 12th as well as IIT that is BALANCE WELL both your 12th grade and IIT preparation by setting proper time for both. TIME MANAGEMENT is all it takes for a good result..

All the Best for your future..
18th March 2011, 08:26 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

You are already doing coaching for IIT, so why would you join an institute?

If you think that those coaching are not sufficient for you, then you can get admission in any good coaching centers.....

but to crack IIT JEE, you need a strong base of all the subjects in your 12th, and a special coaching is enough which you are already doing.

but its upto you, if you don't feel it sufficient, then get admitted in a good IIT coaching centers.
18th March 2011, 08:50 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi..
you should continue with your coaching because in know way it will affect your results in your 12th class but instead it will increase your performance ,
there is only two chances for getting admission in the iits and i think you should be prepared really well to get into them,
so its very important that you take as much coaching as possible,
and if you take proper care there will not be any affect on 12th results,
but if you are not ready to do hard work then in no way you should think of preparing for the iitjee exam,because to clear it you should really work hard and be dedicated,
18th March 2011, 10:51 PM
shubham957

Quote:
taking individual tutions for every subject and then taking coaching from them will be good for you.
this is because, in a coaching institute, it is not necessary that you'll get good teachers at the same place. sometimes two teachers are good at teaching but the third one is not.
but if you take individual coaching then, you'll get good teachers to learn from and also they will prepare you for board exams very well.
18th March 2011, 10:55 PM
kanikabansal22aug

Thumbs up Re: How to prepare for IIT in 12 standard? Should i join coaching institute?

Hey

Self study always proves fruitfull but if you seriously want to go for IIT preparation then its better to join coaching institute.

Because they will prepare you totally for that and they will also tell you some tricks to solve a question in less time which is very very necessary in any competitive examination.

It will not at all affect your 12th studies.You have to manage that.But if find it difficult to manage both things simultaneously then give preference to board examinations.

Well if you want to go for self study,then i would like to suggest you some books:

Maths:

->S L LONEY:For Trignometry and Geometry
->Hall and Knight:For higher algebra

Physics:

->H C Verma
->D Mukherjee

Chemistry:

->Arihant
->P Bahadur

Good Luck!!
19th March 2011, 01:00 AM
wiki_kumar

Most of the syllabus of 12th class is covered in syllabus of IIT-JEE so you need not to worry about 12th class if you opt for a coaching.

Joining a good institute will be good for you if you really want to get into IITs.

Don't take too much time in deciding these things, selection in IITs require Hard work and Dedication.

Decide and then stick to the plan.

Best of luck !!
19th March 2011, 08:25 AM
asishkumar

You should better continue there.
Keep patience.
You will reach your destination.
all the best.
29th March 2011, 08:44 PM
SUNNY PRAKASH

As given many suggetion .
As accroding to me i will advice you to prepare well for 12 th and for IIT prepration you must join coaching or institute.

you will also have to do best...
5th May 2011, 12:38 PM
Unregistered

i am anaverage student my basics of 11th and 12th are not clear properly so i want to drop1 year and prepare for iit in kota plz suggest me the name of an institute in kota where they teach best to students after 12th and faculty must be also good
6th May 2011, 11:56 AM
Abhi..nav

Arrow Re: How to prepare for IIT in 12 standard? Should i join coaching institute?

Its fully depend on your study abilty
how you can give your full effort
if you are not able to study as a self study , then absolutel you have to join any reputed Coching Classes
But Self Study Is Best Study .
You Have to focus Also on Your 12 th Board exam
you can give less effort on non engineering subjects.
24th June 2011, 07:09 PM
Unregistered

from where shall i take coaching for competitive level for weekend batchs in chd?
24th June 2011, 07:12 PM
Unregistered

i m in 2 medical now , from where shall i take coaching for competitive level for weekend batches in chd.?
4th August 2011, 01:03 AM
samir14

All you need to is make a lot of practice sets.
For weekend join any good coaching institute in your local area.which can properly guide for how to get in to iits ,what to do and whats not .what should be the way of attempting the questions.
and must join the correspondence course and test series of any big coaching institute like Bansal,cp etc..
6th August 2011, 10:53 AM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
dear friend,
for cracking iit jee exam, not only hard work is required but strategy is also required for preparation. you must first study from ncert books to clear your concept. after that i will suggest you to study from
tata mcgraw hills for maths
d c pandey for physics
arihant for chemistry
you must also for once try to solve all the previous years question papers to get the knowledge of pattern and difficulty level of the exam.
while solving the sample papers, never see the solution directly. first try to solve the questions by yourself two to three times. if then also you fail, then see the solution.
you must remember these tips to get good result.
you can also join a good coaching institute to make your preparations more better. some of the good coaching institutes of india are
resonance
bansal coaching
fiitjee
super 30
akash institute
all these are giving very good result every year. you can join any one of them.
good luck.
26th May 2012, 01:51 AM
Unregistered

should i join individual coaching for each subject or to join any institute for class 11 and 12 and for iit jee?
18th January 2013, 12:34 PM
Unregistered

I have passed my 11th with good marks can I take addmission in a coaching class for 2standard by taking dummy admission
28th February 2013, 09:47 PM
Unregistered

MY SCHOOL IS GOING TO START ON MARCH AND I AM PREPARING FOR IIT SINCE 1YEAR SHOULD I TAKE DUMMY OR BE REGULAR IN SCHOOL
24th March 2013, 01:14 PM
Unregistered

I am going to complete my 11th grade this april .I have a strong desire to join iit,so guide me please.
21st December 2013, 06:32 PM
Unregistered

I AM CURRENTLY IN 11th AND PREPARING FOR IIT-JEE FROM ONE OF THE BEST INSTITUTE.BUT THE PROBLEM IS THAT I CAN'T SCORE GOOD IN THE CONDUCTED TESTS,I AM VERY TENSED BECAUSE MY 12th IS GOING TO START AND I THINK THAT I AM NOT FOCUSED BUT THAT IS MY AIM AND I HAVE TO ACHIEVE IT.HOW SHOULD I PLAN IT?
21st December 2013, 06:39 PM
Unregistered

I AM VERY DEDICATED TO MY STUDIES.CURRENTLY ICTED AM IN 11th AND IS IN GOOD COACHING INSTITUTE.BUT I CAN'T SCORE GOOD IN TEST CONDUCTED.I NEED TO ACHIEVE MY AIM .HOW SHOULD I PLAN FOR 12th BOARD STUDIES ?CAN I DO IT IN JUST ONE YEAR?
29th January 2014, 05:35 PM
Unregistered

how much minimum marks should I get in 12th for enterance exam in IIT
15th March 2014, 07:38 PM
Unregistered

i have just passed 11 class .i want to clear PMT in 1st attempt.so should i take coaching in 12 or after 12th.
26th April 2014, 04:15 PM
Unregistered

i have just passed out 10 class.I want to know that what will i have to do for peparation for iit ? institute or individual coaching in patna?which is the best place for preparation, RANCHI or PATNA?
rply me fast . plzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?