29th July 2012, 09:29 PM
Sushil Mittal

How to get command over English? Which Books should I prepare for this?

Sir i have lot of problem in English,Sir give idea how to improve English and tell me the name of best book for English.

16th October 2012, 06:46 PM
exams1
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to get command over English? Which Books should I prepare for this?

The standard of the questions will be of 10+2 level.Pay attention to the grammatical mistakes as they can change the meaning of the sentence. It is advisable that you should spend some time in learning the usage of grammar also.

You should make a habit of reading English newspaper on a regular basis especially the editorial part as it helps in improving comprehension skills and better understanding of the language.

Reading newspapers also helps in improving vocabulary; You should note down the difficult words and look up for their meaning in dictionary.

Read good grammar books of 10th level like Wren and Martin and practice sets for English language on a regular basis. Check your score, go through the questions in which you faced difficulty, and practice them accordingly.

Thanks...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	arihant-general-english-for-bank-po.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	120714  
Attached Images

17th October 2012, 05:06 PM
pink28

Default Re: How to get command over English? Which Books should I prepare for this?

Dear friend,

English is an International Language and it is mandatory for now most of the exams and for Interviews etc.

So you need to have a good command over English Language.

For this you need to increase your Vocabulary section & Grammar section.

For both these sections a great source for you would be good quality English Newspaper like you can refer to;
  1. The Times of India
  2. The Hindu
  3. The Indian express
  4. The Chronicle

Secondly you can watch English channels either News channels or Entertainment to see the conversations and speaking style.

You should practice yourself daily by self conversation by looking into the mirror.

Along with this you can refer some books like:-
  • Wren & Martin is the best book for your Grammar section.
  • Rapadix spoken English
  • The Oxford Picture Dictionary
  • TIMES magazine
27th March 2013, 08:45 PM
kshreyaa
Senior Member+

1.First of all go through the past papers of essay and composition, then make your mind accordingly, that what are your weak areas, then start working on those.

2.Start solving the papers immediately if you know the grammar rules, otherwise learn them on the very first stage, get Wren and Martin's book/Exploring the world of English for your preparation.They also contain solved and unsolved exercises.They will help you in understanding css English.

3.Start practicing idea expansion/paragraph writing and then essays and assess them first by yourself then by a good English teacher.

4.Make a note book for English, particularly for vocabulary, learn different words each day, preferably from newspapers and write them on your note book, in this way at the end your vocabulary will be enhanced to a great deal.

6.Write and read as much as you can, no substitute of writing for css exams and for improving English.

P.S: ''CSS English'' is a little different and very specific, so going through the past papers should be your first step for analyzing its basic criteria.best of luck!
27th March 2013, 08:46 PM
kshreyaa
Senior Member+

Smile Re: How to get command over English? Which Books should I prepare for this?

1.First of all go through the past papers of essay and composition, then make your mind accordingly, that what are your weak areas, then start working on those.

2.Start solving the papers immediately if you know the grammar rules, otherwise learn them on the very first stage, get Wren and Martin's book/Exploring the world of English for your preparation.They also contain solved and unsolved exercises.They will help you in understanding css English.

3.Start practicing idea expansion/paragraph writing and then essays and assess them first by yourself then by a good English teacher.

4.Make a note book for English, particularly for vocabulary, learn different words each day, preferably from newspapers and write them on your note book, in this way at the end your vocabulary will be enhanced to a great deal.

6.Write and read as much as you can, no substitute of writing for css exams and for improving English.

P.S: ''CSS English'' is a little different and very specific, so going through the past papers should be your first step for analyzing its basic criteria.best of luck!
29th August 2014, 01:26 AM
Unregistered

What is the best way to get the genuine/real meaning of any word which is found in newspaper? Wheather i should consult with dictionary or any other source to fine the meaning of any vocabulary?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?