1st January 2011, 11:54 PM
NARASIMHARAJU

How to get good opportunities in the field of Biotechnology?

I am a student from b.tech biotechnology 3rd year from gitam university.i want to bring your notice that biotechnology is an upgrowing field it is not up to the mark as software can you suggest a solution to this so that you can give an oppurtunities to the young budding engineers of biotechnology.

Thankyou for giving me the oppurtunity,

Related Questions:
  1. What are the opportunities in Biotechnology and Microbiology field?
  2. What are the opportunities for B.Tech(Biotechnology)? Can I opt for Biotechnology in B.Tech?
  3. Which subject should I take for Masters Degree being a candidate of pursuing B.Sc in Zoology?
  4. What are the opportunities in M.Tech Biotechnology? I have completed my MSc Biotechnology
  5. Does Biotechnology has great scope? Can I choose Biotechnology as a career? Any chance for good opportunities from Biotechnology?
  6. What can I pursue after doing engineering in Biotechnology? What are the career options in this field?
  7. Job opportunities for M.Sc in Biotechnology candidate?
  8. What is the scope of biotechnology and genetic engineering? What are the job opportunities?
  9. Should I continue my job search or go for higher studies after completing B.E. in Biotechnology?
  10. What should I do after MSc Biotech?
  11. Government Job Opportunities in the field of Biotechnology after completion of M.Tech in Biotechnology and Bioinformatics?
  12. Which field I can go for doing Post graduation course after completion of B.Sc Biotechnology? -- [New]
  13. Better career opportunities in the field of Biotechnology for me having completed M.Sc in Biotechnology 1 year back and qualified in GATE Exam?
  14. How to get a good Job in the field of Biotechnology after completion of M.Sc in Biotechnology?
  15. How to get scholarship to pursue M.Tech in Germany after B.Tech ECE?
  16. B.Sc(biotechnology) or B.Tech(biotechnology): better choice for a job in Biotechnology field? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Career Opportunities After M.Sc. Biotechnology
  18. How can I do BSc Biotechnology in Vidya Pratishthan College of Biotechnology, Pune? What are the career opportunities?
2nd January 2011, 11:41 AM
sonu1234

Default Re: How to get good opportunities in the field of Biotechnology?

Biotechnology is still growing field in india but countries like USA , UK its is already very much developed and in some years we also see india on that list.today we are a lots talking about biodegradable products, renewable sources of energy this are future big concern . so, there are lots of opertunity in future for biotech engineers.
2nd January 2011, 01:36 PM
rimiChoudhury

there are many opportunities in the field of biotechnology in India.Many software companies recruit biotechnology students in the bioinformatics area.Most of the Phermaceutical companies are based on biotechnology(specially on agricultural biotechnology).There is a huge opportunity in research field also.
2nd January 2011, 05:56 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: How to get good opportunities in the field of Biotechnology?

After b.tech., those who want to go for research, choose M.tech. and then go for Phd. On the other hand, some go for MBA-Biotechnology. Career opportunities for both these courses are good.

After doingM.tech. Microbiology or Biotech, one can join R&D dept. of any good Biotech company. US is the best destination for Biotechnology. It stands out in the field of research.......

yes it is not that it not boom like software but the awareness is less...
and it is in boom........for sure..and have a good future..
2nd January 2011, 10:57 PM
RAKESH KUMAR.N
Senior Member+

Hi friend

1)You have got a great scope now and further also, but with the UG degree you can't expect more salary , if you do PG you can go for Research field also, so you can get innovative ideas and do some thing new in your project

2)In your field Researcher are more Wanted, try to write the Exam like Junior Research Follower (JRF), that Exam is really good for Biotechnology and you become Doctorate

3)If you din't find money to do your Higher studies ,then join any Research Lab and gather more ideas or search job in TTP or join in BIOCON lot of wanted is there

Best of luck for your Further
2nd January 2011, 11:40 PM
sivapriya.s.mba

Thumbs up Re: How to get good opportunities in the field of Biotechnology?

hai

now a days you can get good opportunities in for bio-technology in the field of big WATER PURIFYING COMPANIES. they often requires bio-tech graduates. In abroad you can get a good future for bio-tech in research fields. But if you want it in india means you have to complete your M.TECH in bio-technology.

so decide according to your situation. all the best
3rd January 2011, 07:29 PM
Unregistered

I am a 3rd year btech biotech student.i want to know which field in biotechnology should be preferred, nanobiotechnology or genetic and molecular biology?and also does forensic science has any growth in coming future?
8th January 2011, 04:45 PM
Unregistered

Hai,
As i am willing to study B.tech Biotechnology but i didnot get the future feedback for placement of Biotech studies. As i am from a middileclass I need earnings immediately after completing my ug is it possible to mearn atleast 3 lakhs per annum?
9th January 2011, 02:06 PM
Unregistered

which field is better mba biotech or msc biotech
15th January 2011, 03:13 AM
Unregistered

I am looking into something other than research as I am not interested in research field. I have pursued my MS in biotech. Is there any scope on this field than just research?
28th May 2011, 12:21 PM
Unregistered

I have complrted btech biotechnology with good marks. But due to some finantial problem now I could not go for higher studies.So is there any chance of getting job or worrking as traainee in any company or labs
21st June 2011, 02:18 AM
Unregistered

AFTER DOING MTECH BIOTECH 4m college lyk IITs what package and placement one may get?
28th June 2011, 02:18 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARASIMHARAJU View Post
I am a student from b.tech biotechnology 3rd year from gitam university.i want to bring your notice that biotechnology is an upgrowing field it is not up to the mark as software can you suggest a solution to this so that you can give an oppurtunities to the young budding engineers of biotechnology.

Thankyou for giving me the oppurtunity,
dear friend,

Job opportunities for biotechnology are increasing in India. Students can explore job options in the following fields:
Drug and pharmaceutical research
Public funded laboratories
Chemicals
Environment control
Waste management
Energy
Food processing &
Bio-processing industries.
The Government of India provides large-scale employment to most biotechnologists in its research laboratories

all the best
27th February 2013, 12:36 PM

hello friend,

Since biotechnology is redefining the boundaries of science, to become a part of such an innovative field you must posses an inherent attitude of originality and imagination. Other skills that will sail you through a successful and a fulfilling career in this path-breaking area are perseverance, immense patience, analytical proficiency, ability to work for long hours, team spirit and communication skills.

Job opportunities for biotechnology are increasing in India. Students can explore job options in the following fields:
Drug and pharmaceutical research
Public funded laboratories
Chemicals
Environment control
Waste management
Energy
Food processing &
Bio-processing industries.
The Government of India provides large-scale employment to most biotechnologists in its research laboratories

all the best
thankyou
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?