31st July 2013, 10:35 PM
Sachin bihan

How to get a government job after completion of B.Tech in mechanical

sir i am doing b.btech in mechanical, 3nd year,,,, i want to know about the govt. jobs available after completion of b.tech , mainly in banking, railway, and in any other field you know better.... and also suggest relevant books for them...

30th April 2015, 09:11 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get a government job after completion of B.Tech in mechanical

Mechanical Engineering is the core branch of Engineering. It is also called every green branch as so much job opportunities are available in this discipline in both public as well as private sector.

You can apply for all government recruitment exams in final year of engineering.

1. Banking:

You can apply for Institute of Banking and Personnel Selection Clerk and Probationary officer examination.

Bachelor's degree is the minimum academic qualification required.

The age limit for IBPS Bank PO is 20-28 years. For SBI PO , it is 21-30 years. Upper age relaxation applicable to reserved categories.

The best books is of Arihant Publication for Banking PO and Clerk exam Preparation. Lucent General Knowledge book is good for preparation.

For more details, you can visit www.ibps.in and www.sbi.co.in.

2. Railways

The best way to enter Indian Railways for Mechanical Engineers is through Engineering Services exam.

The age limit is 21-30 years. Upper age relaxed for reserved categories.

IES is conducted by UPSC every year.

For best reference books for IES preparation for Mechanical Engineers, Click here .

Some other government jobs exams are :

>>Combined Defense services for joining defense.

>>Intelligence Bureau ACIO exam.

>>SSC CGL exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?