23rd July 2010, 02:24 PM
Unregistered

How to get important topics for entrance exams preparations?

respected sir,I have a question regarding entrance exams in india.Entrance exams has got a vast course to ask the students.Though exams are thought to be harrowing one,It seems quite easier than expected.It is because some aspirants who studied selectively from some imp topics is covered totally in exams and those who is reading all the books are left behind.how can be we selective in exams?Though this is quite irresponsible question but this is the thing which happens in reality.for eg,some topics in chemistry like electrochemistry is given more priority in one year exam and chemical kinetics in other.plz suggest me how can we exavate which topic can be the useful one to give focus on.plz suggest me some topics from chemistry and physics in which entrance are mainly focused in general.

24th July 2010, 08:52 AM
odc

Default Re: How to get important topics for entrance exams preparations?

basically the entrance exams focus on the topics which are needed for the understanding of the future course provided by the institute. so you just have to focus on the topics which are frequently asked in the entrance exams and there are some major topics in physics and chemistry like current electricity,magnetism,electrochemistry, basic chemistry,etc.
but i suggest that you should not exclude the other points and neglect them because they can ask anything in the entrance exams so prepare hard.
best of luck
24th July 2010, 03:45 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
respected sir,I have a question regarding entrance exams in india.Entrance exams has got a vast course to ask the students.Though exams are thought to be harrowing one,It seems quite easier than expected.It is because some aspirants who studied selectively from some imp topics is covered totally in exams and those who is reading all the books are left behind.how can be we selective in exams?Though this is quite irresponsible question but this is the thing which happens in reality.for eg,some topics in chemistry like electrochemistry is given more priority in one year exam and chemical kinetics in other.plz suggest me how can we exavate which topic can be the useful one to give focus on.plz suggest me some topics from chemistry and physics in which entrance are mainly focused in general.
Dear friend
You are taking it wrong way. For any entrance exam generally 5-10 different question papers are set. Randomly on of them is selected and get published which is asked in the examination. If the syllabus is huge then it is impossible to cover even 40-50% of the syllabus in entrance test. But it doesn't mean that you studied uselessly.
The aim of study is not only to qualify some entrance exam but to grasp knowledge.
Study is not a business which will get you a question in profit from each chapter you read.
Covering huge syllabus teaches you hard working and sincerity. If you get something by hard work then it would be very respectful in your sight but if you get something for free you not respect that thing.
So, don't waste your mind in thinking such useless stuffs. Just think that you have to prepare so huge so that the question can't come beyond your limits. The aim of huge syllabus is same ie. to enhance your limit of knowledge only.
24th July 2010, 05:13 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

for this you must see the previous year sample papers and then only you are able to analyze the marking and weightage scheme of a particular subject and the particular paper for which you are going to study.in the entrance exams generally there is no choice for topics as they are selecting students for an entrance but still students can make thier own guesses for success.
1st August 2010, 12:50 PM
sarbari

any kind of entrance exam needs target oriented study, because it is not possible for students to study the vast course mainly physics and chemistry. you have to go through the prvious papers of exams and try to understand the marks distribution and question pattern, then you should start your preparation. you should concentrate for chemistry on some specific chapters like atomic structure and bonding, thermodynamics, chemical kinetics (these chapters cover physical chemistry portion),some others important reactions of inorganic chemistry like reactions of acids(HNO3,aqua regea etc.)and also give stresss on metallurgy portions.you should also be aware of informations on everyday chemistry like dyes and soaps, some medicines ans cosmetics(like the functions and main constituents of germicides,drugs like paracetamol etc.).for giving such entrance exam your basic conceps should be very clear. i can say vastly on chemistry because i am also a student of this. for physics , optics, magnet, electonics, electricity, and radioactivity are some basic chapters.you can follow some books like JPNP puiblications books,Mcgrawhills etc.
28th August 2010, 11:22 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend.
According to me try to maintain some following rules for entrance exams .

1:study everyday maintaining a time table near about 4-6hr.
2:clear all the basic concept on the subjects.
3:try to start study the subject in which you have more interest.
4:solve previous year papers.
5:be positive & keep confidence on yourself.

Good luck.
29th August 2010, 01:35 AM
subhash5687
Banned

Quote:
search on net dear you will get it best of luck dear
29th August 2010, 10:23 AM
subhasish
Senior Member++

Hello Friend
For the important topics you will not have to search it any where,it is already there in the books,i mean in your syllabus books..

Do not go for the important topics just study everything in the syllabus because it can not be predicted in which year question will be asked from which topic..

So start your study preparation as soon as possible and try to get the concepts of each topics ...

All the best..
14th October 2010, 05:35 PM
mseetharamster

The important topics are as follows
The topics that you have as fundamentals and you are going to study them if you clear entrance are considered as important topics.
The topics that keep coming regularly in the entrance are treated as important topics.
The topics that have recent advancements are treated as important topics.
8th November 2010, 05:27 AM
Gaurav.jain88

for resolving this problem you must go through the previous year papers that will give you a better idea about the weightage of each section in the papers.
So pratice high weightage portion of the syllabus and then go for rest of the syllabus.
LIke in Maths: 2D, 3D, Vector, Trigonometry, Calculus, Complex number, Determinant, Matrix.
Physics:2D motion, Electricity, Magnetism, modern physics, wave , oscillation.
Chemistry: Physical, organic, inorganic chemistry.
21st November 2010, 03:03 PM
anam chandni

i want to knw about the important topics of m.a english
27th November 2010, 09:01 AM
Unregistered

last week i found in a book that was written about 50% of the questions in AIPMT is from previous year's so it was written to solve previous years questions...is that true ????????will the questions repeat?
22nd March 2011, 05:31 PM
Unregistered

Hi,

I have completed my MBA finance and have 3yrs experiance in corporate and banking field.
I am interested in teaching profession s want to know about B.ed and M.ed.and want to do that in corrspondence.
Can you please suggest any of the clleges in Mysore/Bangalore.
25th March 2011, 01:14 AM
rocking_indian

Quote:
hi friend
in order to crack iit jee or any other engineering entrance exam you have to be focused from starting ,
most important is to clear your concept of a particular topic and than refer to its related problems.
you can bring study material from various coaching institutes like bansal or allen or resonance

if you are able to solve the given problems them u will be definately able to solve iit jee question papers

don't ever loose hope just be determined and confident and you can cover every topic
25th March 2011, 09:17 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: How to get important topics for entrance exams preparations?

Quote:
I think you're upset with the previous year results..

don't worry at all this will depend upon each and every person's attitude.

one may focus in selected topics others may not do the same but

all that matters the students with stuff will never pulled behind

its all grievience that will pull behind

keep all myths aside try sicierly you'll definitely succeed all the best

~aditya~
3rd April 2011, 09:58 AM
Unregistered

CAN ONE CRACK IIT OR OTHER ENTRANCE EXAMS WITHOUT DOING COACHINGS?
25th October 2011, 02:28 PM
Unregistered

i have comlete my education till 12 .is iam able to clear punjab pmt exam and i now have no preparation for this.and please show me important topics in all subjects for punjabpmt exam 2013
25th October 2011, 05:59 PM
sathish0038

Quote:
Dear Friend.
According to me try to maintain some following rules for entrance exams .

1:study everyday maintaining a time table near about 4-6hr.
2:clear all the basic concept on the subjects.
3:try to start study the subject in which you have more interest.
4:solve previous year papers.
5:be positive & keep confidence on yourself.

Good luck.
6th February 2012, 10:26 AM
Unregistered

in physics and chemistry how sould i prepare for pmt...???????????????????
30th April 2012, 06:26 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by unregistered View Post
can one crack iit or other entrance exams without doing coachings?
you can have better practice in coaching classes as they will give assignments and try to make u some more practice.u can get all concepts revised.
All the best.
30th April 2012, 06:42 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
CAN ONE CRACK IIT OR OTHER ENTRANCE EXAMS WITHOUT DOING COACHINGS?
ya,its better to go to coaching classes where you can have a better preparation plan.you can work for assignments provided and can write weekly tests.you can get more practice and can revise whole topics again.
30th April 2012, 10:38 PM
saiprasad.prasad60@gmail.

to get important topics for entrance exams preparations are through internet,reference books on based for which exam your preparing.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?