1st February 2017, 11:07 AM
Unregistered

How to get Income Tax Officer job after CMA Intermediate? Can I join it through SSC exam?

Hello sir, I have completed CMA Intermediate and want to join Income Tax department. How can I get the Income Tax Officer jobs? Can I join it through SSC exam?

11th May 2017, 05:37 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get Income Tax Officer job after CMA Intermediate? Can I join it through SSC exam?

No, you can not apply for Income Tax Officer examination after CMA intermediate. You need to complete all stages of CMA course to become eligible for entrance examination of Income Tax Office.

2. You can either apply for Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level exam or Civil Services examination to join Income Tax Department. The minimum age limit to apply for SSC CGL exam is 18 years and Civil Services exam is 21 years.
15th March 2019, 10:37 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to get Income Tax Officer job after CMA Intermediate? Can I join it through SSC exam?

i have completed my bcom and cma also. now i want to join in income tax department.and my age is 24. can i eligible to do. if yes,what is the procedure?
8th November 2021, 08:56 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my mcom. Now I have in CMA inter. My age is 27 yrs can I apply for income tax officer post? Or what else requirement and procedures to apply??
2nd May 2023, 08:52 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir, is there any job for a CMA in the Income tax department of India? If any am I supposed to clear the whole SSC-CGL procedure or can I get a straighter way to the ITO exam?
Kindly consider my query

Thank you
5th May 2023, 10:46 AM
rbagdiya1

To become an Income Tax Officer (ITO) in India, you need to clear the Combined Graduate Level Examination (CGL) conducted by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC). As the name suggests, the exam requires a graduate degree from a recognized university. Therefore, having only a CMA Intermediate qualification will not be sufficient to apply for the ITO post through the SSC exam.

However, if you have completed your graduation in addition to the CMA Intermediate qualification, you are eligible to apply for the SSC CGL exam. The SSC CGL exam consists of four stages - Tier I, Tier II, Tier III, and Tier IV. Once you clear all the stages of the exam, you will be appointed as an Income Tax Officer (ITO).

Here are the steps you need to follow to apply for the SSC CGL exam and become an ITO:

1. Complete your graduation from a recognized university.
2. Register for the SSC CGL exam on the official SSC website when the notification for the exam is released.
3. Prepare for the exam by studying the syllabus and previous year papers.
4. Clear all the stages of the exam - Tier I, Tier II, Tier III, and Tier IV.
5. Once you clear the exam and are selected, you will undergo training at the National Academy of Direct Taxes (NADT) before being appointed as an Income Tax Officer (ITO).

Note that the selection process for the ITO post may also include an interview round, depending on the specific requirements of the Income Tax Department.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?