15th August 2012, 01:38 PM
Unregistered

How to get into IAF in technical branch after passing B.Tech in Electronics? What is the procedure?

Hii
I am doing my b.tech in electronics and my aim is to get into IAF in technical branch..can you give me some information regarding this.Imean how to get into it,the selection procedure etc.,i need complete information
Thank you

Related Questions:
  1. Can I apply for Technical branch while appearing for MSc 2(Electronics)? How to join Air Force in technical branch
  2. Can I apply for Technical branch in AFCAT after passing Electronics and Communication Engineering?
  3. Which branch is better for electronics engineering technical or ground duty? What is the procedure to apply for both the branches?
  4. Procedure for a girls to enter in Airforce after intermediate in technical branch or other branch?
  5. Can I apply for IES and UPSC exam after passing B.Tech 3rd year with Electronics and Instrumentation branch?
  6. Past years question papers with solutions for technical assistant of LPSC(ISRO) for electronics branch
  7. Can I get a job for technical position air force passing 3rd year electronics and communication?
  8. Best books for technical aptitude exam for electrical and electronics branch -- [New]
  9. How to do training in BHEL Bhopal after passing Electronics and Communication branch? Procedure to apply for training?
  10. Can I apply for technical section in AFCAT?
  11. Am I eligible for JTO exam after passing B.Tech with Applied Electronics and Instrumentation branch?
  12. What are the various branches in B.tech courses?
  13. Can I pursue B.Tech. in Civil Engineering after diploma in IT? Procedure of getting admission in B.Tech. Civil Engineering through lateral entry in the colleges of Himachal University?
  14. Is there any scope for girls in Indian Air Force and Navy?
  15. Procedure to prepare for MPSC exam? Can I opt in non technical side?
  16. How to do M.Sc in Physics in Distance Learning through IGNOU? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. How to get a Government Job being a candidate of B.Tech final year in IT?
  18. Can I apply for Education Instructor in IAF if I am 28 years old?
17th August 2012, 05:58 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to get into IAF in technical branch after passing B.Tech in Electronics? What is the procedure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hii
I am doing my b.tech in electronics and my aim is to get into IAF in technical branch..can you give me some information regarding this.Imean how to get into it,the selection procedure etc.,i need complete information
Thank you
In order to get into the technical branch of Indian Air Force, you will have to qualify Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) conducted by Air Force Selection Board. The test is conducted two times a year and the notification for the same is published in the month of June and December every year.

Having done your B.tech program in Electronics, you will be considered eligible for Air Force Common Admission Test (Technical Branch) provided you have obtained a minimum of 60% in aggregate in the qualifying examination. As far as age limit is concerned, the minimum eligible age for the technical branch is 18 years and the maximum age limit is 28 years.

For further information, refer to the official website of Indian Air Force.
29th December 2012, 11:38 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to get into IAF in technical branch after passing B.Tech in Electronics? What is the procedure?

hello sir, i m b.tech 2nd year in electrical branch student. Please give me suggestion. Which i can job in indian airforce after b.tech ending. And what is agreegate percentage for apply.
16th January 2013, 11:46 PM
Unregistered

hello sir, i am complete my graduation with maths physics as pilot.
my percentage is in physics is 80%in maths also can i job in iaf as by flying branch
9th June 2013, 10:41 PM
Unregistered

which engineering branch should i choose to get commisioned ranking in iaf as
10th June 2013, 05:16 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

Its good to see that you are interested in joining the defense .If you have two option through which you can join the technical branch of Indian Airforce academy.

First one is the Combined defense services exam conducted twice every year by the UPSC for selection of candidates who desire to serve for the defense in different academies.

The academic qualification required is bachelor's degree in any discipline with mathematics and physics at 10+2 level for the Indian Airforce academy.

The age limit for the Air Force academy is 19-23 years.

You must be an Indian citizen.

The online applications are going on for the CDS II and will end on 24/06/2013.If you are interested you can apply at the www.upsconline.nic.in.

The second option for you is AFCAT that is Air Force Common Admission Test.

For Flying branch:

The age limit for this exam is also 19-23 years that is born between Jan 02,1992 to Jan 01,1995 for the AFCAT 2013.

Educational qualifications:

>>Bachelor's degree in any discipline or in technology or in engineering from a recognized university with minimum of 60 % marks.

For technical branch:

The age limit for this exam is also 18-28 years that is born between Jan 02,1986 to Jan 01,1996 for the AFCAT 2013.

Educational qualifications:

>>Bachelor's degree in technology or in engineering from a recognized university with minimum of 60 % marks.

>>Minimum height 157.5 cms with co related weight.

Hope the information helps you .If you have any more query regarding then you can leave your message here .We will get back to you as soon as possible.

All the best

aashisranjan784
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?