17th December 2011, 04:32 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for Technical branch in AFCAT after passing Electronics and Communication Engineering?

I m an electronics and communication engineering 3rd year student.
Can i apply for the technical branch in AFCAT-2012?

18th December 2011, 11:06 AM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Can I apply for Technical branch in AFCAT after passing Electronics and Communication Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes you are eligible to apply for the Indian Air force as an officer through University Entry scheme in the AFCAT 2012. Since you are in pre final year of engineering so you are eligible to apply for the University Entry scheme only.

Education Qualification
Candidates who are in pre final year of engineering and have no back log left at the time of SSB interview are only eligible to apply for this entry scheme.

Candidates of the Final year of engineering are not eligible to apply for the University entry scheme. This entry scheme is only for the pre final year students.

For more information visit at the below web site of Indian Air force
http://careerairforce.nic.in/home.html
18th December 2011, 01:47 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for Technical branch in AFCAT after passing Electronics and Communication Engineering?

Quote:
After completion of your B-TECH degree degree you are eligible for AFCAT exam.Prefinal year student are not applicable for this exam.

The details of AFCAT eligibility criteria is given below.

AFCAT ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA

GROUND DUTY BRANCHES

EDUCATION: Post graduation or Bachelor degree in any subject with at least 60% aggregate marks.

FLYING BRANCHES

EDUCATION:B.E / B.Tech degree or a Graduation in any discipline with minimum 60% aggregate marks.

TECHNICAL BRANCHES

EDUCATION:Aeronautical Engineering with minimum 60% marks.

The date of AFCAT exam is already over for this year so you can try for next year.

For more details & updated information visit www.upsc.gov.in
27th December 2011, 03:24 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I apply for Technical branch in AFCAT after passing Electronics and Communication Engineering?

i completed bio medical engineering.can i apply for AFCAT exam?
4th April 2012, 05:28 PM
Unregistered

hello sir/mam,
i m in 2nd year of degree,i hv complited my 12th aft my diploma ,so as per my birth year 1990 while i would apply in 3rd year for afcat dn could i eligible?and if yes dn in which sem of 3rd year (1st or 2nd) ,i hav to apply.....plz...reply....
thank u...
6th July 2012, 05:11 PM
Unregistered

sir, i m not going through Aeronautical Engineering.......I m going through simple B.Tech degree in Electronics & tele-communication.......So cn i apply or get a job in technical branches ????
if yes, den plz guide me.....
15th June 2013, 11:18 AM
Unregistered

Iam doing biomedical engg. iam pursuing my 3rd year. Can i apply for AFCAT
15th June 2013, 05:41 PM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Yes,you will be eligible to apply for Technical Branch in AFCAT(Air-Force Common Admission Test). Qualification required is as follows :-

Age Details :-
  • Minimum of the candidates should be 18 years.
  • Candidates Age should not be above 28 years.
Educational qualification requirement

For Aeronautical Engineer(Electronics Branch) :
  • Candidates should have a 4 years bachelor engineering degree in Electronics and Communication from recognized university.
  • Candidates who have passed the Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers will also be eligible to apply for this post.
  • Those candidates who have passed the Graduate Membership Examination of the Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers will also be eligible to apply for this exam.
Important Conditions :
  • Candidates applying for this post should have Mathematics and Physics at 10+2 level.
  • Candidates should have a minimum of 60% marks in Physics and Mathematics in 10+2.
  • Candidates Minimum marks in 4 year's Engineering degree should be 50%.
15th June 2013, 05:54 PM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Yes,you will be eligible to apply for Technical Branch in AFCAT(Air-Force Common Admission Test). Qualification required is as follows :-

Age Details :-
  • Minimum of the candidates should be 18 years.
  • Candidates Age should not be above 28 years.
Educational qualification requirement

For Aeronautical Engineer(Electronics Branch) :
  • Candidates should have a 4 years bachelor engineering degree in Electronics and Communication from recognized university.
  • Candidates who have passed the Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers will also be eligible to apply for this post.
  • Those candidates who have passed the Graduate Membership Examination of the Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers will also be eligible to apply for this exam.
Important Conditions :
  • Candidates applying for this post should have Mathematics and Physics at 10+2 level.
  • Candidates should have a minimum of 60% marks in Physics and Mathematics in 10+2.
  • Candidates Minimum marks in 4 year's Engineering degree should be 50%.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?