24th December 2012, 01:12 PM

How to get a job in government sector after completing BSc in Geology

i have completed bsc in geology and i am searching job in related field in government sector. am i eligible? if yes, then for which company and how can i get a job????

Related Questions:
  1. Studying BSc Geology : What should I choose after completing BSc if interested in Geology subject?
  2. Job availability for BSc IT students in Government Sector? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. What are the opportunities to get a job in government sector after completing BSc Horticulture course?
  4. How can I get a job in government sector after completing BSc custom design and fashion technology
  5. Will I be able to do MSc Geology after completing BSc Geography or BSc Applied Science or BSc Geography?
  6. Can I get a government job after passing BSc fashion designing? Details about the job related to fashion designing in government sector?
  7. Opportunities available for me after doing BSc Hotel Management from a government college? Job opportunities in government sector after completing this course?
  8. Ways to get a job in government sector or banking sector after completing 12th?
  9. What are the job opportunities in government sector after completing internship?
  10. Can I do a job in any government sector after completing Hospitality and Tourism Management Course from Singapore?
  11. For getting job in Petroleum company which is better between Marine Geology and Engineering Geology?
  12. Which subject is preferred in B.Sc Part 3, either zoology with geology or botany with geology? I've completed my B.Sc part 2 with subjects zoology,botany and geology
  13. How to get a job in Geology Dept. after completing M.Sc. in Geology?
  14. What should I do after completing BSc in geology honors?
  15. How to get technical Government sector job after completing B.Tech in CSE? -- [New]
  16. How to get a job in government sector after doing BSc HHA from private college
  17. Government/Public sector job after completing MCA with 1 year experience in private IT sector?
  18. Any job in government sector for me after completing B.Tech in CSE?
6th May 2013, 10:36 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to get a job in government sector after completing BSc in Geology

please tell me sir..is there any govt. jobs for bsc holder?
7th May 2013, 06:42 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How to get a job in government sector after completing BSc in Geology

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
i have completed bsc in geology and i am searching job in related field in government sector. am i eligible? if yes, then for which company and how can i get a job????
HI!
After passing B.Sc in geology you have many option like:-
> Civil Services
> Indian Police Force
> Indian Defence Services
> Bank P.O
> C.B.I
> C.I.D

For join there you have to qualify the entrance exam.

ALL THE BEST!
7th May 2013, 07:39 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you are a B.Sc Geology Graduate then you are eligible for Indian Forest Services Examination.

So if you want to become an Indian Forest Officer then you can apply for this examination and it is one of the top Government jobs of India.

You should have age according to following criteria :

General Category - 21 to 30 years

OBC Category - 21 to 33 years

SC/ST Category - 21 to 35 years

The selection will be based on the performance in the Preliminary , Mains and Interview.Those who get marks in merit will be selected for the post.

So be prepared for the examination if you want a top government job.

There are other Government jobs also for you like SSC CGL, Bank PO and other Graduate level government jobs but those jobs are not related to Geology.

So if you want Government job related to Geology then apply for Indian Forest Services Examination.

For more information download the attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IFS Exam.pdf(163.4 KB, 214 views)
7th May 2013, 09:21 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
please tell me sir..is there any govt. jobs for bsc holder?
After completing your Graduation, you can apply for the below Government jobs:

>> SSC Combined Graduate level exams:
Eligibilty is Graduation pass
Age should be between 18 to 27 years

>> SBI PO exams
Eligibilty is Graduation pass
Age should be between 21 to 30 years

>> IBPS PO exams
Eligibilty is Graduation pass with minimum 60% marks
Age should be between 20 to 30 years

>> IBPS Clerks Exams
Eligibilty is Graduation
Age should be between 20 to 28 years

>> UPSC Civil Services Exams
Eligibilty is Graduation pass in any stream
Age should be between 21 and 30 years

>> UPSC CDS exams:
Graduation Pass in any stream for the IMA and OTA wing
Age for IMA is 19 to 24 years
Age for OTA is 19 to 25 years
For Indian navy it is BE/BTECH pass
Age between 19 to 22 years
For Airforce Be/Btech pass or Graduation pass in any stream with physics and Maths as subjects in class 12th
Age between 19 to 23 years
22nd July 2018, 03:38 PM
Unregistered

I have passed out in the stream of applied geology msc and presenty working in IT sector for last one year .is it any possibility to get a job in government sector.if yes please advise
21st August 2021, 09:42 AM
Unregistered

I have just completed my graduation. What should I do? Should I study Msc or try for government jobs?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?